It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Awakening

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well done HIAliens
Beautifully presented, informative, on target.....
This is without a doubt the best thread on here!!!!!!
Deserving of its own forum!!

I saw your first post and literally held my breath for the remainder; and, after lurking here for almost a year, joined today to reply.

Thank you.

Namaste

ZM

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is one of the most incredibly thought out and practical vision that needs to be translated and shared grass roots everywhere. TY for this wonderful contribution and for your vision. There is so much more that can be done by people with or without our "leaders" consent, if we only have unity.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
A master piece of a thread I am very impressed and had to say thank you for it.

I would like to ask how you think we will be able to move on and make this kind of information mian stream but not only that exceptable thinking?

Someone else posted that when they talk to people about the ideas in your thread they are thought of as hippies. I have talked to people about these things and I have been called nuts or worse a tin foil hat wearer.

The sinlge biggest problem I can see with this is education, until we can educate enough people into thinking outside of there daily druge to the next pay check nothing will change.

I would also ask,

How do you see consumer goods fitting into all this if we all had cheap food,power and good water to drink will consumer (tv's, computers ect) goods not ballon in price to keep those and such as those in power, thus re creating the dependancy on labour and debt?

How do you see the powers that be take to the changes in there power base to a decentralised one?

Do you have a web page where we can sign up for the movie.

Once again thank you for the fantastic thread and I look forward to the movie and further answers to the questions posted by fellow ATS'rs

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

HiAliens, Great post!!

PEACE and LOVE

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Good post.

I would like to add that autonomous or off-grid houses have major problem - when they need energy there is none, when they don't there, is lack of it around the household. That means energy needs to be stored - both electricity and warmth. Batteries are expensive, bur most important - they have to be replaced every few years. On the other hand, there is plenty of energy available from below ground in a form of heat.

Food is surely no-problem.

Rear minerals and metals for manufacturing are limited, so resource management must be in place so everything is recycled in a most efficient manner.
------------------------

Overall I would like to state that there are no technological or resource limitations to have 20-30 billion people (currently 7bil) living at a very high standard.

Limitations are in fractured nature of population of the world:
- language does not permit an equal access to the valuable info
- the education and access to information is limited in many areas of the world - no internet, slow bandwidth, censorship, no school...
- religious beliefs stifle social participatory activity - waiting for god to sort things out or follow blindly the word in sacred texts.
- nationalism - if you are not with us, you are against us mentality
- people at power see themselves as separate from us. We see them separate from us as well.

I have no doubts about about the technical ability for the whole humanity to achieve high standard of living. I have doubts about the psychological capability of humanity to change their programming.

For example - people perceive the slavery (employment) as desirable. If they become free (lose job), they get depressed and see psychologist or even commit a suicide.

Another example is paying for being programmed by media. If media wants to tell me something, they have to come with the offer of how much they gonna pay me for listening to their propaganda. Most likely I will choose not to pollute my brain and waste my time. Most of the people think the opposite - they are made feel that they have to pay for propaganda.

These and many other perceptions is and will stifle the true progress - not the technological incapability.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Ok so you see a Mass Awakening on the horizon...

Finally everyone wakes up within this idiocracy and realises that our leaders are lying to us big time and always have done.

That sounds very nice

Unfortunately

The one thing you have failed to address is the fact that these people in society are born into this reality and therefore know no different, yes this society is nothing more than a lie upon a layer of lies.

The general population are the brainwashed society, the land of nod, cattle, whatever you want to call them.

To suddenly become aware of this "Big Lie" is "Psychosis" so where you see a "Mass Awakening" I see "Mass Psychosis"

Panic !

Chaos !

The changes will be sudden but they will definately not be pretty.

FEMA seems well prepared.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think that the point being made here is that through promotion of these technologies, the rest will sorta take care of itself.

And all that takes is the courage of enough people to dive in head first and get the systems going.
I envision a large greenhouse using solar and atmospheric water sources to power it.

A self-sustaining vertical garden. Your yield and lack of any real overhead would put you in a position where you could literally GIVE AWAY food to people who need it on a pretty large scale.

And you would become very popular in your community.

Then, you get other people on the same system.

Eventually, your community will improve drastically just because of this alone.
The idea fosters a community spirit. People's spirits improve, their condition improves and from there, the sky is the limit!

I love this thread, HiAliens. This is the best I have read on this fine site to date.
I'm hooked.

I'm already brainstorming ideas how to get it going in my locale.

Also, if this information could be presented well enough, a local government may be persuaded to adopt a millage tax to build this locally on a much larger scale.
Giving your local community the chance to provide for its citizens VERY affordably.

Like pennies, for fresh produce... whenever they needed it.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by JayinAR]

wlp

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Great post.

Can't wait for the film.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Brilliant ! Would advise in the future using the word "technology" rather than "tech". For some "tech' raises the spectre of its use by Scientologists and would unnecessarily alienate some people who would otherwise respond positively to some or all of your ideas.

I have an atmospheric water generator hooked up to a solar panel and battery that provides more water than I need and the excess I can add into my drip irrigation of the plants I grow. Were I younger I would be totally involved in the vertical farming idea... who knows what will come by sharing this thread with others I know who do not visit this website.

Also, this reminds me of ATS member Amaterasu and her work toward shifting the dominant paradigm to that of Abundance.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

WOW !! S and F - that was simply an amazing thread of information you put together!!

I can not wait to see your film and I will Definitely pass it along!!

I am in awe of what you compiled!

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Star and flag

Saved for later.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
BRAVO sir S&F for you and i suggest everybody that reads this S&F this thread. the problem most people on here have isnt in knowing the truth, its doing something about it. for the most part i used to feel helpless about the state of things. now i know there are things everybody can do. well done to you for putting all this together, cant wait for the movie.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am in awe of the information you provided,and the time and devotion it obviously took to post it.I am looking forward to seeing the movie,and agree with whoever said to make it less than an hour,so that people will get the message in the shortest amount of time,and not balk at the length,therefore a built in 'default' excuse not to watch it.I hope this gets the attention it deserves and will do my part in passing it along.

S+F

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I wish I could say more on this post, and read more of your posts, but I cant. I am in the ratrace - so to speak. They're keeping me busy!!!

chou!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Oh - but I did star and flag you and I subscribe all of the ideas you have so far. Not so much on the population thing, but I do see your point so much. It is something to dwell on. I am in the Philippines and it feels pretty over populated here. We are not undereducated, I think 92% of Filipinos are literate.

What economists around here say is that the money is tied down elsewhere. Even with brains, my people will never stand up on their own, without money.

HAHAHA! It's just that I couldn't type so much coz the rat race is calling for me once again...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

An inspiring read, your hard work is really appreciated

One phrase that really sums up the tipping point to the new technological revolution..

"You can preach to a man for 20 years and he won't change, appeal to his wallet and he'll change tomorrow"

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is probably the best thread I've ever seen on ATS!! You're going to get an S&F from me. I agree with you on most of your ideas.

I would add that it's okay to believe in the big government small government or no government thing... with regards to economics... but you need to see the whole future. Too many people let their own ideologies control them. It's not like their ideology is preventing them from acting on something they see that could help the world become a better place... for instance my libertarian views wouldn't keep me from trying to call for a new paradigm with these new technologies you've mentioned.

I don't think that it's that people would not want to do these things- it's their lack of will. I totally agree with all of your points though. We need money though because it's a common unit of exchange... it would be silly to think that we could get off it right away and not start a panic. It's something people trade with as you said it's a commodity. I think the evils of money are due to people not being able to get their basic needs in various parts of the world- if people had these technologies people would no longer need to be slaves to paying their electricity bills, for their water bills and they would have a lot more money free to buy other things. This was a really good informative thread. Best thread I've ever seen on ATS. I look forward to the film.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gamma MO
In the energy section, are you referring to Industrial wind turbines or individual wind turbines? If you think industrial turbines can contribute 20% of our needs, I'd have to disagree. You need to understand how an industrial electrical grid operates to see how this is impossible.

From the research I've read on centralised mass-scale power production vs. local decentralised, the national grid method of transporting energy from a central generator over many hundreds of miles of cable to the end consumer is woefully inefficient.

An ideal solution is local distributed generation networks that cater for primary power consumption, produced and consumed locally. The national grid remains as a spine that excess power can be fed into, or drawn from in times of over-demand.

A tandem structure in effect. It doesn't neccesarily have to be one way or the other

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am nearly certain ATS contains the most forward thinking community of people on the planet. I feel blessed to be here amongst some of you who could be, the anonymous ones, to lead society into the new age.

It is time, indeed, time for man to become united, not as nations and races, but as members of this planet. This movement is alive, and continues to grow. I've realized how the word is spread everyday by each of us who start to share to our closest friends such ideas, possible secrecies, designed realities, and other things ourselves have become passionate about. I've had my debates and borderline arguments, but I've never lost a friend because I told them what I believed. Over time, the ideas wear on them, they become more sensitive, and some actually start to see strange things themselves. The questions arise, and the movement grows.

Do not let it die.

Thanks for your efforts Alien!

[edit on 13-9-2009 by sticky]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Thanks dude, the cool thing is you can make vert farms really cheap...

ya man, it's called a forest.

a terrarium be easier to sustain than a hydroponic system.

Also making you're own atmopsheric water unit could be done for a couple of hundred dollars.

okay, ya, that could be useful.
but you can simply have a living atmospheric water unit, be called a plant.
they are green.
remember?

plants grow, and are self-sustaining, grow, and best of all, free.

make some seedballs,
the whole world can be a forest.
forest naturally collect and hold water.
shade increases surface water retention.

simple, eternal solution.
grow more life, to sustain more life.

these complex solutions, okay maybe in hostile environements, like the middle of the sahara or antarctica.
though really if we want a sustaining system of perpetual abundance, a forest be a great model.
perhaps in Antarctica,
we can have a robotic forest,
with self-reproducing robotic village outsides
and soft warmth loving humans living inside,
like lichen the abundant vegetation in Antarctica,
there be plenty of wind power there.

Sure, the Sahara or Mars might be easier to inhabit.
But there be a universal cooling trend says astrophysicists,
so the most advanced beings are also the coldest.
gets pretty interesting in those extremely cold environments, with super-conductors and bose-Einsteinian fluid mechanics.
long life expectancy host bodies.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by lowki]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join