It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Awakening

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Great post ! very inspiring and I admire you for working on this.
Do you or can you acquire any funding from arts or fim councils to part fund this? At this moment in time many grants are on hand for eco diversity and such.

At the moment in the UK towns are setting up sustainable communities, it is a start , consider 10 years ago how , difficult would it be to have books on earth building, workshops on how to make solar panels etc.. it is no longer "fringe" .

Look at people buying organic cottons, ethical clothing and goods. It is changing.

I do tend to think much tech is patent bought and hidden away, however we do have us and many young people to keep driving this along.

Apathy is a demon. ;]

Ecuador’s Historic Vote

Nature Gets Legal Rights

Approximately two-thirds of Ecuador’s population voted ‘yes’ this Autumn, in a historic, national referendum – a result that reflects the vast majority’s hopeful expectation of political change. By an overwhelming margin, the Ecuadorians backed their president, Rafael Correa, in voting for a new progressive constitution – the first in the world to grant Nature the same inalienable rights as human beings.

we work with local children in outside classrooms we teach rudolph steiner works to home ed children. Instead of the bogey man " global warming" we tend to let little ones leave nuts under a tree for the animals as a thank you for being there , listen to the wind etc.. it's an education not based on fear but respect. An education of the hearts, minds and soul

Thank you for this inspiring post.. it fills the heart and mind with joy..

do it keep going ;]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I agree with Skyfloating that this is perhaps the most intelligent and informative thread ever put together on ATS or anywhere, my compliments to you.

I might add though many if not most will disagree with me in saying this, that in your opening line regarding the Roman Senator wanting to place armbands around the slaves and the rest of the Senate illustrating to him what a bad idea that might be…

It is my humble opinion that Rome eventually took this one step further, and because there are so few Rulers and Masters in Rome, Rome has not ceased to exist but hidden itself completely.

Roman scripture, Roman law, and Roman Architecture dominate the Governmental Landscapes of all most every nation.

The United States Capitol City actually had the small creek running through it named the Tiber. The Capitol Rotunda, White House, and major and significant government buildings are all Roman edifices; the Roman Fasces grace the back drop of the Speakers podium in the House and the Senate.

You have done an exemplary and commendable job and illustrating a way forward, I believe though we first must fully identify just what is standing in our way forward and has long been standing in our way forward and while the groups and people and corporations all have many names, I truly believe that they all are governed secretly at the very top for the sake of it’s safety and control only one name Rome and Caesar which for the last 2,000 years has extorted that which is Caesars be rendered unto him.

I would like to move forward into the innovative and productive world you outline, and illustrate, I think there is but one thing that stands in our way, and has long stood in our way. Its name is Rome it is all around all of us, written and etched onto everything that governs and controls our lives. It must eventually be recognized and dealt with for any appreciable change for the better to ever occur.

Thanks for posting all the great information.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I agree wholeheartedly with a more compassionate aim to government.

It's not just government, it's people too. My film shows how everyone can do this, and it's NOT only up to government.

Unfortunately I believe that it is greed, and all of humanities thirst for power and wealth that prevents these things from becoming reality.

Only a small subsection are greedy for power, the rest of us are greedy for basic needs only. I have shown in my film it is not governments stopping us.

I do believe we are at a breaking point in society. When non essential items become less and less in demand, and people change their focus from getting ahead to helping their neighbors and communities get ahead, then reach out to other communities, we may see change.

Agreed, well said.

We can print money and give it to corporations to spend for themselves. Or we can print some money to revolutionize farming so that prices drop so drastically food is available for the world.

Agreed.

Problem is money in the hands of greedy people doesn't go as far as it should, and the impact of such monies falls short on the goal intended.

That's why we have to circumvent the debt system by introducing local currencies which are entirely legal and above board all over the world including in the U.S.

I would volunteer my time and energy in a nano second to a cause that wasn't based on greed but rather based on benefiting the community I am a part of.

There are plenty of tasks laid out by the film. Plenty of businesses you can start. If you're not bothered about business, just spread the ideas. I'm glad you're on board though. Wait till the film comes out.

The options are limited as too much is required for some small organization to revolutionize their community.

With respect, absolutely untrue. I have been at pains to point this out in the thread. Total misconception. 1 in a hundred people is all it takes.

Since it would mean lost jobs and income potential for investors in the long run.

Not true either, Sir. There is huge money to be made for the pioneers in Earth resurrection tech. I started a distro business for nothing.

Capitalism has fundamental flaws, when coupled with a monetary system that robs that wealth from hard working people. Couple this with bogus programs designed by government, and we are heading nowhere quickly.

Agreed, but we are complicit in it and the film shows the way out.

I appreciate your comments. They show me that I really need the long version out in a movie format.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
First I want to apologize to you for not reading the entire thread first but I wanted to say I hope that at some point in history people wake up and this info sinks in.

I have written on ATS that they needed to watch the movie ANTZ because when it is written out it's just ignored.

There are Billions of "WE THE PEOPLE" and in comparision a small slice of them leading greedy power hungry slave masters WHY, WHY, WHY don't the MASSES stand together and end this hell of WAR, pain and suffering and create PEACE, love and health.

The Human race as a whole has to create there own happiness and freedoms working together and making EARTH the Gargen of Eden she was supposed to be.

Money is the root to all evil...... giving of oneself to help your human family is moving you to evolution and this is what they from the Universe wait for.

But what do I know.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In the energy section, are you referring to Industrial wind turbines or individual wind turbines? If you think industrial turbines can contribute 20% of our needs, I'd have to disagree. You need to understand how an industrial electrical grid operates to see how this is impossible.

As far as preventing blackouts, Industrial wind turbines are operated by a remote computer. If the grid goes down, the turbines go down. They are not self sufficient.

They actually constantly draw electricity from the grid in order to move to the blades to "find" the wind. They are just another giant electrical gadget. Not an answer to blackouts at all.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamma MO

Hi Gamma,
I didn't have space to post the whole transcript but in the main text I talk about individual wind turbines, and energy decentralisation.

Here's what I said:

Roughly 90 per cent of the world's photovoltaic systems are grid-tied systems. A self-powered home is thought to be an unrealistic, expensive dream. There is a common misconception that it costs about 20 to 30 thousand dollars to solarise a house, understandably beyond the reach of many families during an economic collapse. It is just not true that solarising or turbinising a home costs anywhere near so much. Enterprising individuals are taking advantage of public ignorance to make huge profit margins on simple technology. Who can blame them? With a bit of ingenuity and a couple of spare weekends, the price of providing minimal solar or wind is much much lower, closer to 1 or 2 hundred USD per panel.

In the developed world, solar or wind can only realistically provide ten to twenty per cent of the average household's needs. The average household consumption in the developing world is 800 to 1200 kilowatt hours per month, a wind turbine can only provide a tenth of this. However, this 10 or twenty per cent makes a critical difference in the geography of world power.
Imagine a world where a cloud of fear lifted because houses, hospitals and transport networks were no longer completely at the mercy of a power outage. In the event of a breakdown society can still continue. No-one needs to live the desperate scenarios of a thousand apocalyptic B movies. In the developing world, a solar panel or wind turbine can easily provide for a house's entire needs.

I have said a lot more but yr going to have to wait for the film! But yes, I agree, centralised wind is no better than centralised nuclear. Well spotted.

[edit on 19f20090pmSun, 13 Sep 2009 13:42:40 -050040 by HiAliens]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Decentralization....that's the key. Right now much of green energy is just massive corporations taking advantage of huge subsidies...pushing rural people off the land and gaining land rights to millions of hectares of land. Not kosher.

Great post, by the way.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It has been a while since I posted, but seeing this I had to.

Great and inspirational.

I would like to ask the question if you have heard of the zeitgeistmovement and The Venus project, and if so do you see a convergence between this movement and your goals?

A possible joining of efforts maybe?

For those who do not know, Jacque Fresco´s The Venus Project and its activist arm the Zeitgeist movement are trying to create a new society which is not based on scarcity but rather based on available resources & technology. This means that in that new society money for one thing will be obsolete, with all the implications this comes with (no more war, theft, fear, hate, etc etc etc).

Keywords: Peter Joseph (Maker Zeitgeist series) & Jacque Fresco (Industrial engineer & designer)

Reference vids:

[edit on 13-9-2009 by MoonMine]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

ATSers and their threads are Magnificent! Is this not the most intellectually stimulating forum ever? Thank you HiAliens for a wonderful contribution.

And now for my limited attention span....mind putting all that in one or two consise paragraphs? Just kidding...sigh...I guess you're making me have to read.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I would like to make a suggestiong, if your making a documentary, make it no longer than 30 minutes, people will not watch it if it is an hour long. Make it great quality and very pretty to look at. I hope it gets viral. Also, make it pleasing to normal, everyday people and don't put conspiracies in it like chemtrails, ect. Don't make the video for people who agree, make the video to convince people who disagree.

Also, make some flags, symbols, ect, something simple. Symbols spread fast, and show people how many people agree, make a name for your idea. To me it sounds alot like Green Anarchy. Local rulers, not big rulers like presidents, decentralized governing, an economy that isn't fully based on money.

I hope this gets viral or something.

Star and flag for you, I'm glad someone is talking, and doing something, and not just sitting around like everyone else does in the world.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Phlynx]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is all very excellent. We have many of the same ideas. I would love to work with you in creating some communities. I don't mean a cult. Whenever I mention some of the ideas, for some reason people think of it as some sort of hippy-cult-community.

People are scared of anything different, but it's time to move forward!! This IS the future.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thank you for this...It brought so much joy to me...

I have looked at this page for a bunch of years now..posted rarely...but this is the BEST thing I have ever seen on here...

Thank you for taking the time to do all of the research and uploading.

It will certainly be saved and distributed to the family...

peace

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I should have prefaced my post with I was speaking on behalf of current belief structures. I agree with you 100%. I also believe that at least 10% of the world probably more has had some type of awakening at the very least realizing they create the reality they live in. I'm onboard with your thinking. I too am ready for a real change. I believe that self-sufficiency is key to economic prosperity but this takes a group effort. When all basic needs of humanity is nearly automated or just efficient that the cost is decreased and everything else becomes just a luxury item. This would revolutionize the way society is structured and those with the better ideas that contribute to humanity would be rewarded not like the current system that those that take the most from humanity benefit the most.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Bravo Beautiful Awesome

Wow, Hi Aliens, what a wonderful post. The word will spread, we will do this.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
anything that is anti-christian is doomed. yes, there is no christian plan to save this planet, only the friends of peace shall be saved. society breaks down, barbarians run rampant, again. or maybe you can talk a huge percentage of our illiterate teens to not join gangs

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I recommend the book Ishmael

[edit on 13-9-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
An Incredible post, possibly the best I have ever read.

I will say that things are changing and I think anybody who wants to change the world bit by bit and be passionate about it, has to have read, joined up, and have had opinions back then that they turn their back on today.

I personally, have been through every emotion within politics, society, religion, financial, conspiracy and many many more, and today after reading a lot on all the above, I think you can genuinaly get a better picture of how simple it would be to change your mindset, turn away from the mind boggling day to day strife, and ignore all the crap and negativity coming through the TV, and actually follow this discussion, and be passionate about what we need to do to make it happen.

Village by village, a difference can be made, and i think in honesty the governments are so tied up with the mundane task of running the country, that they are almost wishing that somebody can make a change, and we go down that route.

If we as consumers turned our backs on the plastic crap that come sout of Toys R Us, Comet, Argos etc and turned our attentions to these sort of commodities, the world would change in five years. Its all about consumerism, and all we need to do is start buying what we think is beneficial to us and our society as a whole, and start thinking small instead of big.

Well done, that has really made my night.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
A wonderful post, even though I have only made it about half way through the content.

It sounds like you are still in the process of finishing this film. If so, I would be willing to score some, or all the music if you are interested...free of charge. I have regular access to a recording studio, multiple musician contacts, etc. If so, feel free to send me a U2U.

Regardless...thanks for the post and at least a passing hope for humanity.

[edit on 9/13/2009 by WeAreAWAKE]

[edit on 9/13/2009 by WeAreAWAKE]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
S+F.
excellent post. uniquely creative. well done.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Great Post!

I couldn't agree more about the hydroponic solution to our food shortages. I'm glad someone was able to explain this in this format this well and precise. Currently I'm starting to experiment with Hydroponics , Meta-physical techniques, and Frequencies targeting growth and quality increase. Hopefully with precision, detailed-instructions, and whole lot of positive energy results will be even greater then as of those using hydroponics alone. Then with time and a little effort we will be able to put this out to the world. Kudos to you! You made my day!

namaste

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join