It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN fights back

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by A Fortiori

Can you, on any level, defend their actions?

Nope, I cannot. I wouldn't want to, either. I want the bad behavior to stand out. I believe that if people who feel that ACORN was in the wrong would just let the actions speak for themselves without comment then ACORN has no fuel for the racist argument.

Kierkegaard said that the "who", the "how", and the "what" are all equally important when making a point. You cannot make comments that appropriate people of one race with a particular set of actions as the "how" of the argument will make the "what" less important.

It is enough to state how ACORN was wrong and what they did without bringing up other examples of blacks who potentially threw down the race card.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I'm betting there is another tape. Another pimp and hooker getting ahome loan or what ever.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It's a pattern that is emerging is all. If you want to close your eyes to this, then feel free.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
excessive quotes removed

[edit on 13-9-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

If they don't settle out of court, hopefully they won't though they need to take this all the way and win that way they could air the details after the case.

Either way these people need to be investigated, it would be one thing if it was one incident in a few years, but it's like there is new dirt that surfaces about these people every 6 months.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Acorn freaks out on their home page.

acorn.org...

Instead of taking responsibility, they don't.

Edit to add: I have sent an email to my senator requesting an audit of all ACORN offices in Texas and also requesting the IRS audit all 150,000 tax returns submitted to the IRS by ACORN.

If ACORN is allowed to operate above the law with immunity, there is a very serious problem in our government.

One can only hope that violence will NOT be required to fix it.

Peace until War.

[edit on 9/13/2009 by Genfinity]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

Of course not. If they took responsibility, then that would mean they would admit to wrong-doings. If they admit to that, then they may lose government funding.

They are going to fight this to avery bitter end. Heads will roll for this.

I don't see anything in the White House though. Too many eager supplicants ready to fall on their swords for Dear Leader.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

It's a pattern that is emerging is all. If you want to close your eyes to this, then feel free.

When people talk about "blacks" as though the actions of ACORN are representative of "blacks" in general I take issue with it. It isn't fair to paint them with the same brush. It will also bring about a certain karmic association of people who are anti- health care bill with racism if those who can scale back the racial tension choose not to do so.

Many non-Christians judge Christians by the Westboro Baptists of this world or the crusades of a millennium ago. That's not fair in the same way that this isn't fair.

Yes, ACORN behaved terribly, but their actions are terrible enough to stand on their own.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
See what happens when you let ''them'' build a giant wall of Pollitical correctness..

Slowly the truth will be swept under that same wall..

Now Im not advocating racism at all,but dont be afraid to speek your mind..
That was a very large part of the mess we are in now..

We can even call a spape a spade anymore..lololololol...F that..

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

It's a pattern of abuse by a few. I'm not calling all into any category. But abuse by a few and hiding behind the umbrella of political correctness is a disgusting abuse.

As someone who isn't totally "caucasian" it disgusts me.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

When people talk about "blacks" as though the actions of ACORN are representative of "blacks" in general I take issue with it. It isn't fair to paint them with the same brush. It will also bring about a certain karmic association of people who are anti- health care bill with racism if those who can scale back the racial tension choose not to do so.

Well, it's kind of difficult, since ACORN itself constantly reminds us of their makeup. From the OP:

An international entertainment conglomerate, disguising itself as a "news" agency (Fox), has expended millions, if not tens of millions of dollars, in their attempt to destroy the largest community organization of Black, Latino, poor and working class people in the country.
:
:
ACORN members are committed to the empowerment of their communities - Black, Latino, poor, and working class – at the deepest level.
:
:
Helping hundreds of thousands of African-American and Latino voters register to vote and get to the polls in recent years;

I didn't see them mention white people one single time...???

Now just who is stoking the racial fires? Sounds like ACORN to me...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

In my state, you only need permission from one side of an exchange in order to record an echange(conversation, legal deal, whatever).

If you are actively in volved in the exchange, or even physically present, then no further permission is needed. Also if you are in a public place, or any place that utilizes ANY public funding, there is no expectation of privacy.

This may vary from the more "progressive" areas of the country.

They can try to charge the filmmaker, but good luck getting anything to stick.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
maybe, just maybe.. it was a FNC setup.. i find it interesting that they had footage and that they (sic) broke the story? sounds like a repub scam to me. and maybe thats why ACORN is suing.. i swear too many people seem willing to believe what they are told by repubs. didnt anyone learn from bush and cheny??

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

SO it was a setup by the republicans? They went into those offices and secretly had republican plants in a gussied up acorn office. pretending to say what what was said? And so the people ACORN actually fired was FNC or republicans plants? Seriously I think you need to watch the videos and do a little research on ACORN before you decide to champion their banner my friend. The ONLY conspiracy here is that ACORN is still allowed to operate in this or any other country. And if you attempt to take thier side in this you will only wind up making yourslf look like a fool.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
excessive quotes removed

[edit on 13-9-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

One TV pundit said that Maryland's privacy laws only applied to telephone conversations. Video taping does not apply.

I don't know if that's true, maybe someone wants to research it?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by scorand

Yeah, and they fired their employees for what? Stealing paper clips?

C'mon!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If you go to www.acorn.org and click on the tab OFFICES, it bring you to www.acorn.org...

Click on your favorite state/city.

You know what you don't find here? There office addresses. Speaks for itself.

But you can still email them. Wouldn't it be a hoot if we all emailed them and requested information on how to set up a brothel? lol

(Don't do it.)

Add Brooklyn to the list.

I'm beginning to think they busted people at every single ACORN office they went to.

So you work at ACORN. First, try to dumb down your IQ.

Are you dumb down yet?

Good.

A pretty white girl and her white string bean "pimp" walk in.

They go on and on with all this crazy stuff about teenage girls and prostitution. And the chick goes by the name of........(wait for it)........Kenya!

Hel-lo!!?!?!?

(cricket, cricket)

(cricket, cricket)

They go to multiple locations (3+) and are given advice at all three regarding how to defraud the United States Federal Government. Remember, ACORN is funded by.........(wait for it)........the United States Federal Government.

Again, if this was Pinecone, an organization funded by Republicans and other conservative organizations, it's already been shut down and raided.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll?

(That wasn't intended to be a racist remark. They make vanilla tootsie rolls to.)

If Barrack Obama is a tootsie roll, he's looking more vanilla every day.

Next time you vote for the guy that rambles about change, make sure you get some specifics first.

But I am drifting. This is about ACORN, not anyone's (soon to be denied) connections to it.

Tune in tomorrow for ACORN's next busted city.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join