It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cloak" Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Most of us know it exists but where it is and when it will show up to be seen by many without the government or similar bodies trying to hide it makes it difficult to track down, oh the irony.

Anyway I saw a video some time ago that went a little like this (if I remember correctly):

The setting was obviously the conflict in Iraq and the camera was filming what appeared to be members of the Iraqi military firing their tank and later fleeing as U.S. troops and Abram's tank roll into the scene. Nothing peculiar at this point until from right along the wall, next to the tank, U.S. troops seem to manifest out of no where!

I tried finding the video in youtube to no avail but if anyone has seen it, they should have found a few things peculiar, the first being the very existence of the camera in that particular area, and the second being the time in which it takes the Iraqi military to exit the frame and the U.S. military to enter the frame, which takes place in only some several seconds of each other.

If anyone knows whether this video has been debunked please share it, or if you have the video, even better!

Here is a video I have seen before and perhaps you have too that demonstrates that even publicly we are very close to achieving such technology.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
[edit on 13-9-2009 by GenLo]

[edit on 13-9-2009 by GenLo]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
For some reason video placement wouldn't work so had to simply put the hyperlink, sorry.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
No one has seen or heard of the video I am talking about!? I know its out there somewhere in cyberspace! Someone from here must have seen it, I can't be the only one!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Here's the link. It took me 30 seconds to find on youtube.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Very strange.
Could be CGI but if you note , the guy thats moving about between the hummer and the back of the M1 is obscured by the person running in the "cloak" dunno if that makes a difference to a gifted CGI artist though lol.
What I'm most impressed by though is the fact the first tank that appears , when it gets hit by the mine/IED he just keeps going.
Solid , solid armour!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Wow I am surprised you found it so fast, everything that I typed in kept coming up with the videos I already posted. Now that I have seen it again though I am kind of taken back. I definitely don't think it was something staged, however computer editing could have been done but I would imagine something like that would be extremely complex since you would have to avoid distorting everything else inside the target area which you can see perfectly. There is also the question of the other soldiers in the film, I don't think they had a clue anything was out of the ordinary due to the circumstances it would have been easy to shrug off seeing anything that might seem peculiar. I wonder if perhaps they were green beret, I am not really familiar with Army operation procedure so I wouldn't be able to deduce.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Yeah I do agree with you it would be extremely difficult to do , however the very fact the video quality isn't the greatest does raise questions regarding authenticity. Yes I do realise that the very nature of videos posted on youtube are generally of the lowest quality possible for bandwidth/streaming issues and the fact it was shot in a conflict zone does make me think otherwise though.

Its almost too good the camera was in that place (obviously its there for the glory shot of the tank getting hit) but it does make me a tad suspicious.
Some of the greatest moments have boiled down to mere coincidence and the little things do add up. Like what you said about the soldiers in the background thats why I highlighted it in my earlier reply about the dude near the hummer.

Anyone with a bit of experience in CGI could probably take the footage apart and explain how its done with ease , but I'd hazard a guess that would take some time.
Anyone up for the challenge lol

[edit on 17/9/09 by Scotlandshope]

[edit on 17/9/09 by Scotlandshope]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
There were a few thing's that confused me.

The stealth guy ala snake pliskin had no weapon he had no equipment what so ever.

When he first clambered up onto the tank his stealth was now off the loader on the right side of the turret reacted to this guy like where the hell did you come from.

The Stealth guy then dived into the turret.

Now i can tell you from experiance of conflict and also working on tank's myself.

1) You dont turn upto the party without equipment without weaponry this guy had none as stated.

2) You dont dive into a tank on the battlefield willy nilly you dont even go near one it's likeley you will die.

So is there a explanation ?

Maybe the guy is from the tank infront that went out of shot maybe the crew bailed out maybe that explains the lack of equipment.

Maybe the video messed up when it was put on youtube....

And now we have this video.

It's strange..

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 17-9-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Actually this is quite old. What has happened as sof late is that several governments are already using this tech on their "aerocraft" which leads to many UFO sightings that are caught via camera rather than the naked eyes.....

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I doubt we are using it know although they do have a sort of working prototype.

I watched some show on the history channel and they had showed something about cloak tech and had a working prototype on it.

It was pretty interesting.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Oh ya the video is definitely old since it shows the Republican Guard or some section of Iraq's army in the video. The person running to the tank obviously wouldn't be a member of the Iraqi's tank crew since if he came running up like that he would have been blown to pieces.

Good observations pointed out there! Indeed the person appears to be carrying no weapons and wearing what looks like a flight or jump suit with a possible vest. Also the reaction of the guy already in the tank is a little hard to read but it does look as though he seemed surprised.

Given the nature of military operations this makes things a little bit clearer:
Q: Why did the man remain cloaked until such a point?
A: Because even if the fellow were an American running up to a convoy like that, they would have been blown apart (this has even been documented from other instances).
Q: Why did the man approach the tank and make his way inside.
A: Two reasons, one being that the man was possible using a new classified technology and if the average soldier saw what happened and didn't get a firm debriefing afterward word would have got around, second is that there would have been less witnesses to even have seen him run up to the tank in the first place. Once the mission ended the soldiers who operated the tank could easily be rounded up to be debriefed and mouths effectively sown shut.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Is the episode you're talking about where the subjects are made to look like heat waves?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Just a wee point , you don't need to carry much equipment if your invisible.
The very fact if that is working cloak technology you could just pick up anything you wanted to use , that would be one very big plus point of in field deployment using something like that.
As for the tanker's reaction , the way the tank was facing and the cover provided from the other troops I reckon he just thought he was an engineer coming from the back of the column. And was he not too close for any of the tanks weapons to be brought to bear on him? Except for the .50 cal on top I guess :S

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Scotlandshope

Ya but who knows what kind of "cloak" technology is being dealt with in the video.

Could be, but seems like something that could be speculated in several different ways.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenLo
reply to post by jd140

Is the episode you're talking about where the subjects are made to look like heat waves?

Could be, I didn't pay much attention to it. I just remember seeing it a month or so ago on the History Channel.

top topics

join