It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressives must defeat the Lizards

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

i wonder if one day you will realize that the majority of the people who don't want health care reform (the current package being sold, a good reform would be awesome) aren't like that because they want to deny people who need health care, that's the issue at hand, taking care of everyone.

and the new system doesn't seem to have the interest of the people or the economy anywhere within it.

i am not trying to doom people to improper medical care, i myself have no health care and recently had to see a doctor, now i am way in debt and getting hounded by bill collectors, for money i don't have.

is it wrong? heck yea it is! do i want the new health care bill to pass, nope.

does that make me a bad person because i don't want to replace a crap option with another crap option, how wrong is it to want the system to be designed correctly?

that's all i want, and when they do that, i will be waving my flag in support of health care reform.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

The paragrpah you are talking about there has to do with the reasons they formed the federal government, and has nothing to do with what you are talking about.

Each state is basically designed to be it's own country. But, they are bound together by the federal government for protection, as well as to ease problems between the states and not to have wars between the states - as is popular in Europe with all their countries.

So the idea is that the states bind together to form 1 solid defense. If New York is attacked, then Georgia helps and so forth.

It has absolutely nothing to do with turning over all resources to a central authority which is then able to distribute the resources back in the manner it pleases, which is what you are talking about in general. In fact, that is exactly the reason why they had the revolutionary war to begin with.

There are plenty of other issues as well, but I'm not going to go into them further since for some reason you completely ignored my first response and then went and made another thread based on this quote.

Btw, did you know that the revolutionary war was fought by only 4% of the population? Only 40-45% of the population actually supported the cause, 35-45% of the population was neutral, and 15-20% supported the british.

[edit on 9/14/2009 by badmedia]

<< 1   >>

join