It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did you do that? '' MAGIC''

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have a friend who went thru Marine Core sniper school. One trick and the only thing he told me about was an evasive technique snipers use to elude any potentional threat. Say you were in a snowy, desert or muddy terrain. If detected, the sniper maybe camoflouged, but when evading an enemy tracks lead to the direction the sniper took. I saw this with my own eye's and will never understand how it done because he wouldn't tell me how it's done. Snipers are trained to cover their tracks, and I don't mean turning around and covering each foot step up in a environment such as the ones mentioned. These guys can evade and walk, run or whatever thru snow or sand and leave absolutly no footprints while walking or running. You would have to F'n float. HOW!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanLA123

Best as I know you only step on solid objects that will not move, but I still can't figure out how to not leave track in the snow.

I would love to know as well for anyone who would be so kind as to share.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

There are somethings that people don't discuss RyanLA123.

Personally I never discuss Weaponry,Martial Arts,Tactics and Advanced Technology.

Knowledge is Power.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I do not believe a word of it. BTW Ninjas are real.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

There's a number of techniques used to alter/destroy track
sign. Pay me and I'll tell you.
seriously, one trick is to
strap burlap on your shoe soles. It leaves tracks , just not
the kind you're looking for. It leaves a texture like an orange
peel.

Tracking is a difficult art in that it requires much patience, practice
and perseverance. Track evasion isn't very hard because
there are so few good trackers out there. Changing/altering
footwear is but one method of throwing off pursuers. The idea
is to alter the search image so that it doesn't fit the pattern of
what you're looking for. Did I explain that well?

Anyway, I know this stuff because I used to train Marine corps
scout/sniper school instructors.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: I got this info from a WW2 british soldier [now deceased] who told me that the soldiers practiced moving fast over rough terrain without leaving to much of a distinctive trail....it was called light step or quick step..something like that and basically it was running forward at speed but NOT pounding your feet into the ground..at age of 60yrs old the bloke could cover about 20meters in 3-5 seconds with his legs cycling maddly but it was like his feet barely touched the surface..it was sorta a gliding silent hovering run!
You pick your foot about 1inch with knee slightly bent then spring push yourself forward NOT up and glide your foot at 1inch over the surface and EXACTLY and INSTANTLY when you place it down spring push FORWARD NOT UP again and glide rear foot forward at 1inch above the ground then repeat all over again...practice for 6mths and your there! Maintaining balance is IMPERATIVE!!! especially when your are ARMED with weapons and or carrying a load! I practice it in my hallway so I have walls to help if I start to loose balance but one can quickly get the hang of it and this really isn't nessessary after 1st few weeks of training. Changing direction comes next and thats all foot placement and body awreness and some are better than others at this. Snipers are usually up AND gone by the time their round hits its target. Oh and swing your arms marching style when you run empty handed..it helps maintain and control momentum, balance and speed. Unfortunately he didn't tell me how to do this armed! I would assume the weapon being held out front and in both hands and the weapon would be swung with both hands side to side OPPOSITE to the leg thats coming FORWARD whilst maintaining a slight head leant forward tilt.

Personal Disclosure: Its not magic!!! ITS TECHNIQUE!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I think the best way for you to learn a few good techniques is to u2u "asktheanimals" and pay him

The truth is this magical trackless thing you speak is nothing more than training and technique.

"asktheanimals" is correct

It's A matter of altering what is left behind or using terrain.

Knowing what someone uses to track you with,will help you to realize what not to leave behind you.

Most "MAGIC" is misdirection and slight of hand.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

new topics

top topics

join