It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT Reports Rally Crowd in Thousands, Daily Mail Says Two Million

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
I doubt it was in the millions, unless they showed up after I left. There was also no more traffic on 495 or 66 this morning than any other Saturday.

What about I95?
The business through my store today was UNBELIEVABLE for post tourist season, absolutely incredible - to ring in excess of 9k in a 9 hour span in a store on rt 1.....just WOW. Why is it so hard for people to believe that the number of individuals who showed up for the inauguration are capable of showing up for a protest on the same area of ground?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient

Originally posted by stevegmu
I doubt it was in the millions, unless they showed up after I left. There was also no more traffic on 495 or 66 this morning than any other Saturday.

What about I95?
The business through my store today was UNBELIEVABLE for post tourist season, absolutely incredible - to ring in excess of 9k in a 9 hour span in a store on rt 1.....just WOW. Why is it so hard for people to believe that the number of individuals who showed up for the inauguration are capable of showing up for a protest on the same area of ground?

I'm in FX City, so didn't take 95.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
There are a lot of roads in and out of DC. One doesn't have to take a major highway or interstate.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Clearly more than just thousands. Hundreds of thousands, likely a million +

But, seriously, words can't say enough. Anyone flashing on Vietnam War protests?

I just can't help but wonder what Washington and the administration will do to deal with the fed up public outcry? They can't ignore millions of disgruntled voices forever, even with their little MSM puppets downplaying the scene.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
There are a lot of roads in and out of DC. One doesn't have to take a major highway or interstate.

Yeah, I know, but 495 was moving where it meets 66, and that is one of the areas that's always backed up when anything is going on. I was by there pretty early, though, and took Chain Bridge back, so could have just missed it.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Most of the folks I know that attended today were already in Hotels last night & most of them were using the Subway or chartered buses to get to Freedom Park(?) where they were supposed to meet up.

If I heard correctly, the Police actually asked them to start the marching early because there were too many people there and more were still coming

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Meh, I'd say we were fanny to fanny starting around 9am until probably 2pm - I was out of the store around 3 and had a fairly congested drive up rt 3 avoiding 95 at all costs (still in the 'wary of the tourists' frame of mind).

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

The Metro is a fantastic mode of transportation throughout the District - easy to traverse, cheap and everyone is relatively conscious of their fellow rider. I do recommend it if you're planning a visit as vehicle parking is limited and at a high $$. I utilize my husbands Pentagon parking pass and hop on the Pentagon Metro stop.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I don't think it matters much if the MSM reports the numbers honestly or not. The people who were there, as well as many like myself who wished they could have been there, obviously don't listen to the MSM. I think both the MSM and the lying politicians in Washington are deceiving themselves into thinking these people will eventually lose interest and go away. They are going to be shocked at how wrong they are.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
what the hell?

"Angry, Ignorant Tea Party Crowd: Heckler Joe Wilson is Their Hero"

"A crowd of tea party protesters estimated by the DC Fire Department at about 60000 to 70000 people, swarmed the west side of the Capitol along the Mall on Saturday, armed with cardboard signs displaying their racism, ignorance......"

thats from chattahbox... what the hell is chattah box and whats thier agenda?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

I agree, the individuals who marched today may return to their lives and jobs by Monday but there will be others to take their place.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
WMATA should put out their ridership numbers Mon., so that should help with estimates.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Might've been a quarter of a million. It was HUGE and thank god people in this country care enough to show up. Only shame about it was that they didn't occupy the Capitol building and stay there. Now THAT would be awesome!

revolution just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling!

People dying, water & food shortages, along with gas and electricity outages would hardly give you a fuzzy feeling!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Even Fox news, who don't even show Obama's speeches because Fox are so far right, didn't even quote a figure of millions. I'd have to say no more than 100,000 were there by the looks of it.

Many of the banners were ignorant and untrue, although that doesn't mean everyone there showed ignorance and racism.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Even Fox news, who don't even show Obama's speeches because Fox are so far right, didn't even quote a figure of millions. I'd have to say no more than 100,000 were there by the looks of it.

Many of the banners were ignorant and untrue, although that doesn't mean everyone there showed ignorance and racism.

Lets see the pictures of signs with racism in them.

Also, just look at eye in the sky pictures circulating of the crowd. Easily a million plus.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The obama inauguration claimed to have had 2 million people in attendence;

Everyone is saying there are more people at the protest than during the obama inauguration;
so it has to be over 2 million

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join