It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clementine: color moon photos link...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I just came across this after half an hour of searching for a decent link. I searched for another thread with this link and couldn't find it. As it is relevant to Jose Escamillia's film, Moon Rising GSEDII, I figured some people would want to do their own research, so here you go. I am only able to view certain images, however, as others are in a format for which I have no software.

Link:
pds-imaging.jpl.nasa.gov...

To see color images scroll down to this header and follow these instructions:

"Mission to the Moon: Full Resolution Clementine UVVIS Digital Image Model"

Click the Blue File thing next to cl_4005 (just as an example, but I suggest you do check this one out..)

Click "Browse"

Click "Color"

Click "Large"

Click on the images... I suggest "ui23n009" for anyone wanting to see some neon things seemingly producing their own light.

Not saying that I agree with everything in "Moon Rising" but it did get me thinking and, well, here are some photos behind it in decent quality - draw your own conclusions and enjoy

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Some image links.. wish I knew how to embed

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Some more information about those photos in this thread.

They are interesting photos, but before zorgon says anything, those are not real colour photos.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
How nice of NASA to make everything as complicated as possible.

These images are next to useless, a lot of them have skewed areas, blurs there and there, what looks like bad data... This is not your digital camera.

Give us our money back NASA.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I get that from UVVIS (Ultra Violet, Visible spectrum).

But does that mean the images are displaying UV or VIS light?

Just speculation but I thought I head that some biological processes (possibly in some plants, or bacteria) gives off UV light, could this be what we are seeing in such a case?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MacATK18

I think (but I don't have any way of really knowing it) that what we see is only reflected light, not emitted light, and considering that the photos have been available for some years to the public, if there were signs of emitted light (UV or other wavelength) someone would have noticed and said something about it.

The UV/VIS camera had six filters (415 nm, 750 nm, 900 nm, 950 nm, 1000 nm and a wide-band 400 to 950 nm), so while the wide-band filter could take photos on the visible spectrum, the colour images use wavelengths from different colours for red, green and blue of the digital images we see.

I will download the original IMG file for that photo (those IMG files have the images for all wavelengths) and I will post the separate images.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
As I already had photo ui10n303 I used it to recreate the colour image on that site, with the advantage that these images are full resolution (100 metres per pixel) photos, while the "browse" images are half resolution.

As they say in the file "browinfo.txt", the colour images were created with the 415nm for blue, 750nm for green and 950nm for red, with some changes in brightness (not really brightness, but I don't know the correct name, and I think most people will understand it this way) for each channel.

Of these wavelengths only the 415nm are in the visible spectrum.

These are the five images for the five channels.
(as the images are too large I post only the links)

450nm
750nm
900nm
950nm
1000nm

"My" colour version is available here, it's too big (11.5MB) for the ATS Media Portal. You need to choose the "Original Size" button above the image to see it in its full size (1872x2127)

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MacATK18

I suggest "ui23n009"

ui24noo9 (not 23)

Well worth the effort to go and see these pictures.

INCREDIBLE!

Thank you!

top topics

join