It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS home page not loading

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
We maintain a log file specific to parameters that are identified as possible attacks on the server. Over the past 24 hours, the log file has grown from the typical 1 megabyte for seven days of activity, to more than 3 gigabytes.

The rapid rise in size of this file has filled up the primary hard drive of our master web-server, which just happens to be the drive that stores HTML files.

Some very-old, mirrored podcast MP3 files were removed to restore room while we examine the log file. Over time, all should return to normal.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

So ATS is being attacked? If so by who?

2nd line

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
So ATS is being attacked?

Unknown, reviewing the log file.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Keep us updated SO, this is very interesting.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Looks like a massive amount of hits from a "pacific rim" ISP (about 18 IP addresses on the same class-c), most of which were blocked from causing a problem, but the logging of the attempted attack hits ballooned the log file to untenable proportions.

Fixed.

The entire class-c IP range is blocked at our firewall.

All is well.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I had the same problem earlier while I was at work.
Everything seems fine now, though.
At least on my end.

Interesting that someone is attacking this site. I wonder who ATS has pissed off lately with the resources to do such a thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wow, that's a lot of log growth...

If you need/want any assistance reviewing it, I offer my services.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm having this exact problem. Can't get on any firehouse either.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm sure its probably unrelated (which is why I didn't post it before) but about a month ago I got a virus on an old computer I was using that crashed the hard drive. I figured it was just bc it was a sucky computer eventhough I did have an antivirus on it. Funny thing was I wasn't even using it at the time, I had ATS up and left for about 10 minutes, when I came back it was on the system and when I shut it down and tried to bring it back up the entire hard drive erased, or so it said, and I still haven't gotten it working. Like I said, the time frame doesn't fit and I'm sure its unrelated but I just wanted to put it out there.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Up and running correctly now - home page now comes up

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
ROFL!

Something like this happening on THE conspiracy theory site! OH the stories that will come of this!

Thanks for the quick repsonse Skeptic and Company. I'll admit to that cold shock in the pit of my stomach for a moment.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Possibly something to do with Anonymous?

Dunno why they would hit us though. They took down the Australian Prime Minister's website the other day with a very similar tactic.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
anon! LOL

What reason would they have?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
it happened to me, too. i had to re-connect to my browser through an old desktop link, then it worked. ive noticed lately that most of my recent internet sign-ons seem jacked up, like they're being limited externally.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

2nd line

Alex Jones.

2nd line.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
i would guess its to push cyber security act lol (wild guess)

btw can You make a txt file list of these ips? or just 1 so we can ban whole class-c too

[edit on 13-9-2009 by reassor]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Possibly something to do with Anonymous?

Dunno why they would hit us though. They took down the Australian Prime Minister's website the other day with a very similar tactic.

Haha so that's who it was. I heard that on the news but didn't look into it.

Pesky morons.. lol

Anon that is.. oO

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

2nd line

Alex Jones.

2nd line.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

Hahaha beaten to the punch.

For some reason that's who I thought of first.. I must be going batty in old age..

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Don't worry about Anon. They took down the PM's site because Oz is passing a bill that would restrict the way the internet is used and how the population of Oz would interact with it.

Whenever they actually organize ,it is usually to protect free speech or to make a point that relates to them. They also pull off some spectacular pranks, but these are for entertainment. I cant' see that a DOS attack on ATS would benefit them or provide much entertainment.

Still, with anon, who knows?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

I don't think they'd DOS/hack this site, seems they reserve that for more serious targets. If they were attacking ATS, I'd expect them to just send in a flood of trolls, just for a short term bit of fun, I don't see why they'd have any serious issue with ATS.

[edit on 13/9/2009 by harpsounds]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join