It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS home page not loading

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahamarlin
yep same here, I surf via google and click recent post to open.

Are you able to open fight back h1n1 website too?

link   
The browser on my Blackberry Bold has been doing great all day.

No problems.

I am using the "Opera Mini" Browser

link   
reply to post by questioningall

I am iffy on this. Mainly because they would have to take control of a lot of DNS servers to make this happen. I suppose that is possible, though.

For the record, the IP address of ATS (at the moment, could *theoreticaly* change if they choose to change it) is 75.126.76.151

One of the problems with using IP only is that some sites are configured to use Host headers. Basically, one IP is used by multiple web sites. This is done generally by hosting companies for economic and logistics reasons. In addition, some URLS might be absolute URLS meaning they have the site name in the link, instead of a relative path from where you are at that moment. To solve this, you need to modify your host file...

open C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ETC\hosts in a text editor.

at the bottom of the file put the following line and save it:

75.126.76.151 www.abovetopsecret.com

that will bypass DNS servers.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
ahh good it isn't just me.

hope everything gets fixed soon, before the withdrawals kick in

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Yep, same here. And the "recent posts" don't load at all unless I log in.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Any mods on that can give us some input?

ATS has also been slow all day (having to refresh 2-3 times to get the page to load).

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thank you very much.

I have been confused on how to do it, though another forum has been explaining it.

I will try and follow your instructions.

I need to start working on putting the IP addresses on my computer, considering - that in the future that may be the only way to get anywhere on the net.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma

ATS has also been slow all day (having to refresh 2-3 times to get the page to load).

I have a u2u into 12m8keall2c about something else and no response. Given that s/he is pretty quick on the reply usually, I think they are neck deep in either maintenance or repair.

On wierd and disturbing thing here is how IE is behaving on this site. Every single key stroke of this reply box is bumping iexplorer.exe process usage up to 50% or more... Gonna try running fiddler and see if it is sending keystrokes somewhere...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thankyou for your help!
2nd line

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Same problem for me, has been going on since I got in from grocery shopping about 30 mins ago. And load times seem to be a bit slower to.

I'm surprised higher ups aren't popping in with updates? Do they even know what's going on?

[edit on 9/12/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma

I sent your post as an alert, since I can't see what members are logged in. Usually you can tell what moderators are on because they show up in bold.

Just to let you know, I wasn't complaining about you. Just trying to get answers.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
How many of us that are having trouble are using Firefox or Vista? Had both of them pop up with upgrades in the last few days before I started having browsing issues. Anyone think that one of those might be the cause?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Me Too. Blank white page. Anyone else have problems yesterday with RENSE? They were down also.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Im running XP and Opera so I don't think that's the problem.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What you are saying about the other site problems, I am getting a bad feeling.
Just started a thread about YouTube censorship. All my posts about the Dem Repub Paradigm and The Fed are being disappeared. It is the Joe Wilson video. Even comments for Joe Wilson are disappearing not comments removed.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Well, that shoots my idea in the foot.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i have had browsers issues to since i installed the new firefox update a few days ago.

also i just tried using the media portal to upload some pictures of my situation just for comparison, it lets you get all the way threw the process except for once you click "add" it just refreshes the page, and says you must choose a photo first.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I am sing IE8. The site is apparently having server level issues since this is not browser centric.

I loaded up Fiddler and watched the traffic from the server for the home page. What you are seeing on the screen is exactly what is coming back...nothing. The headers arre correct, but there is no content. At this point, I would normally say server error, but one cannot rule out ISP interferance. Course, i think something like that would be seen across the site, not just in small locations.

It is buggy that typing in this box is sluggish and jumps my process % so high. Doesn't look like anything is tied to it except for the character counter right below... I think maybe I should reboot....

Edit to add, I am getting the same results from IE on my Blackjack...

[edit on 9-12-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
im using Windows 7 with IE-8. Cant see the fron page.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

LOL thank you very much for posting this. Could not connect from my mobile.

Was panic stations this side. Oh Noes,they kicked me off above top secret.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join