It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Noises In My Head~any help?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hey YFL ... Sorry to hear about your hearing.

Well first off tinnitus is generally a consistent thing.

Tinnitus can have many different causes, but most commonly results from otologic disorders – the same conditions that cause hearing loss. The most common cause is noise-induced hearing loss, resulting from exposure to excessive or loud noises. But tinnitus, along with sudden onset hearing loss, may have no obvious external cause. Ototoxic drugs can cause tinnitus either secondary to hearing loss or without hearing loss, and may increase the damage done by exposure to loud noise, even at doses that are not in themselves ototoxic.[29] Tinnitus is also a side-effect of some oral medications, such as aspirin, and may also result from an abnormally low level of serotonin activity. It is also a classical side effect of Quinidine, a Class IA anti-arrhythmic. Over 260 medications have been reported to cause Tinnitus as a side effect[30]. In many cases, however, no underlying physical cause can be identified.

Tinnitus

Now,another reasons for these auditory events may be relational to your thyroid.
10 Signs that you may have a thyroid problem

I know it's costly,but you are going to have to go to the doctor to get this check out.
I could ask you 1000 questions and give as many answers,but the truth is these auditory anomaly's could become serious if you let it go too long.
You really not listening to your body here.
A simple ear infection(even mild) could lead to significant hearing loss if left unchecked.

I hope I've convinced you to go to the doctors.
Have an awesome day.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Maybe you should take a look at your physical surroundings. Has there been any new Cel towers that have gone up? Transformer stations? Any new Verzon, AT & T, etc companies in the area? Any new radio stations? Have you noticed any changes in any that might already be existing? Maybe they are experimenting with transmitting signals that you are sensitive too. Does this only happen when you're at home or does it happen other places as well?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I had another thought. Has anyone in your household gotten any new electronic equipment (new laptop? TV, DVD player, etc). Maybe it is emitting a low frequency sound that you are sensitive too.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

Wow, I honestly didnt know thyroid could cause that..im supposed to be taking synthroid..but I hate meds..so havent taken it in years..but im right on the borderline of hypothyroidism..

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistressofspices
Maybe you should take a look at your physical surroundings. Has there been any new Cel towers that have gone up? Transformer stations? Any new Verzon, AT & T, etc companies in the area? Any new radio stations? Have you noticed any changes in any that might already be existing? Maybe they are experimenting with transmitting signals that you are sensitive too. Does this only happen when you're at home or does it happen other places as well?

Well, I dont know about any new towers..but I do know they are ripping up the entire I-44 highway and all roads around this area..and I live close to I-44..this is a college town, so tons of towers..and the engineering school here also has a nuclear reactor in a deep blue pool..pretty cool stuff..but dont know if it would effect anyone..

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mistressofspices

Well...my son did get a new pc..hmmm thats something to think about...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Hi YFL

Could be that then.

But still go and get checked.

Natural thyroid Treatment

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I heard a med group were trying to patent a no maintenance hearing assistant but no one knew how they were going to circumvent the ear canals natural cleaning processes. Any bulid up of cerumen or perforation to the ear drum (easy to do if self cleaning), even a foreign mass in the ear canal would affect acoustics and frequency responses etc... for natural hearing.

The inner third of the ear canal is allegedly supported by bone with the outer 2/3s supported by cartilage. Does anyone know if it would be possible for them to embed a transducer anywhere in the ear canal wall - without major surgery?

The only other place would be the other side of the ear drum in the eustachian tube (leading to nasolarynx - nose cavity, mouth etc...) but this is used for natural cleaning and pressure equalisation too.

Anyone have any medical experience that would know if this is possible?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hey yummie!

I had load high pitched tones that I have delt with sence grade school.
For the most part I have found little that I can benefit from this.
Well over time I found by mistake that one benefit is that I hear radar used by police.

It has saved me a little cash in traffic tickets over the years.
The newer police models are much less loud and are pulsed.
I can still hear them though.

There were very load low freq humming reports about 10 years ago here in Michigan,
I experaicance them pryor to an abduction.

After time looking back at them.
With the knowledge I have now.
I attribute them to government unacknowledged ELF testing based in the UP or from Lake Michigan,
And that they just happened to occur around the same time as one of my families abduction flaps.

Yummie I have spoke to you before there.
I hope I have a good handle on your history.
I hope you remember mine. (Serious Abductee Chat Post)

I cant say that I know the cause.
But I did a little research for a year or two

I stumbled into passive tuned resonance cavity's.
I am referring to mechanical reasonance.
Testla stuff.

I have read many of your posts and believe that you might think about this.

They don't have to be metal.
They can be any substance.

Heck - They can be made from your own tissue.

They can be formed by natural means by accident.
(An example a Tooth Impaction)

But you and I know that they have other uses also.
I hope this might shed some light on your symptoms.
I have come to believe they were the cause of many of our issues that abductee's talk about.

I understand that they have been used by the USA & USSR to monitor each other.
They are real.
They have terrestrial and non terrestrial applications.
They require no internal power source.

Hope this post finds you well and Happy.
I have not been checking in much lately,
The loss of a dear friend here has taken the wind out of my sails as of late.
Up to that point I thought we were moving towards UFO acknowledgment in our lifetime.
I am not so hopeful now.

1 101010

--Watcher

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Im no Dr.. but Ive heard of what you are describing in the past.. I worked in an ER as an RN for about a decade. One was an older woman who came in with strange sounds similar to what you are describing.. in her case it was a very small roach that had crawled in her ear and was driving her really insane with the sounds. We drowned it in oil and pulled it our piece by piece. No more sounds. The other was a younger girl who was found eventually to have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. She was hearing electronic sounds, "robot" voices, etc.. it was due to small seizures in her temporal lobe.

Id say go to a doc
WHo knows what it could be, but it has to be pretty darned annoying!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
i get a funny noise when i sleep sometimes. It is in my head and its a bot like electricity or a bell noise or something. I can kind of control it too. Idk what it is and i have never had it when i am awake. It is very hard to describe..

kx

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Reply to OP:

I didn't read the thread, only your original post.

You should check out: en.wikipedia.org...

Don't buy into any dogma, whether from the psychiatric field, or from new age wackos. Find out what it means for yourself, and make it a force for good in your life.

Message me if you want.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ok. Other than trying to explain this to friends over the years, this is the first time I've ever seen this much discussion about it. I've never really reached out either though. Just kept it to myself mostly. Last night being the most recent event. I was deep in thought in bed, fully awake and was focused on figuring out time lines of a past experience 11 years ago. Then I noticed an increasing frequency. A fast "metallic" sound. Like a resonating, fast, metal tearing frequency that was slowly increasing. As I became more aware of it, the sound slowly got weaker. As I returned to the same train of thought it came back. I listened closely again to try to understand what was going on. As it diminished, there was a ambient white noise left. Like a dust cloud if you will. Remnants of, or accompanied with the frequency. Most of my experiences though were throughout life. Very memorable experiences. Very sharp, loud, incapacitating sound and pressure only for a fraction of a second. Sometimes I would get many explosions in a matter of minutes. I can even remember at one point, provoking the sensations with thought. As a result they would happen again. Very disorienting and strange. I hope someone can relate as this continues to happen to us. Hopefully get some understanding as to why. Our purpose.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ever get any help or answers for this?

There's a neurological condition called "Exploding Head Syndrome". I have that along with Sleep Paralysis and a few other related conditions.

The EHS, I tend to hear very loud electrical zapping noises or like a loud electrical POP noise (my head/brain feel good when that happens, not sure why). Other times I hear a cymbal crash.

The screeching sound that gets louder... that's related to sleep paralysis. I get that too. When I'm falling asleep it's how I know I'm having an episode. Starts like a low screeching sound with a beat, like the beat of a bass drum in the background and it just gets louder and louder and louder and so loud that it physically hurts my ears. Then it stops suddenly, and I'm in SP.

Do some research on that, may help you to understand your situation.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think I know what you're trying to explain. It happened to me today, I was asleep on the couch when suddenly, my head starts to feel warm and starts making noises...They get louder and louder, like if it was charging up- it was definitely an electronic sound. As the noise got louder, my head started buzzing and it felt like it was getting bigger in size. I tried to open my eyes but...I couldn't. I was seeing the living room- and it looked kind of distorted- blocky. Like when you turn on the tv and the antennae isn't working so it pauses and it's just random rectangles of the images that are suppose to happen. My eyes were closed the whole time...then weirder things happened. I hear footsteps, and they were definitely coming from my room...I heard someone walk into my room, close my bathroom door, and then flush the toilet. My eyes were still closed and the buzzing electronic sound in my head was still getting louder. When I finally managed to wake up, I carefully looked around and checked my room but there was no one there. I was alone at my place. I'm just trying to understand because I'm a very heavy dreamer, meaning it's hard for me to break free of my dreams if something from the outside doesn't interact with me while I sleep. This is definitely a new experience and, I'd love to know more on why it happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join