It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practicioners of magick, state your point of view

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confused and Dazed!
I'm a UNIVERSALISM practitioner. Here's why.

6: Man is but one part of the total. He isn't anymore special or important to the cosmic conscientiousness, than a dung beetle. He deludes himself he is, but, he isn't.

Most of the self professing Wicca practitioners today, are just a bunch of wannabe buffoons. They are followers/publicity hucksters and ego seekers, not Maji's by any stretch of the imagination.

6. Good old delusions of grandeur. Being on top of the food-chain counts for nothing? Very hard for people to accept this one

Well, then wiccans are no different from people in general. Building a strong ego is quite a hard job....bet even the Maji couldnt skip that one

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorpiotropic

* The source of the energy needed. Within you? Outside of you? Reason.
* Free use or certain school?
* Any preferred school? If so,why?
* Consequences of the practice of magick, yours or others.
* Your moral boundaries.
* The value of it.

Great Spirit
Urban Shamanism
Shamanism
unlimited
Harm none
unlimited

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The answer in my opinion is both, we are just part of a much greater machinery, but we (on a conceptual racial level at least as "intelligent" life) are a vital part of that.

My ideal is to internalize myself appropriately to act as a conductor of forces greater than my own. This isnt just true of magick it also applies to any field you study.

I am not my body but my body is me, if you get my drift. I am part of the energy source, but the energy source is not me.

Its important to understand the lessons taught by those who came before us, it is useful to use the ingrained beliefs of mass consciousness, it is sublime to create something new.

Schools / Religions will shackle you to them through indoctrination, this can be healthy for you, it can be destructive, we all walk our own paths, me I make my own way but I am mindful of people who have made the journey before me.

I dislike schools of thought as institutions, and distrust the world today and the corporate shills that have appeared within it.

The cost of using it ? Or results ? I dislike lodging myself in other peoples conscious realities in this way, suffice to say Ive seen enough to believe in the subject fully, and I believe any costs are self imposed, even if they arent always avoidable, often times they are.

* Your moral boundaries.

This is massively subjective, I have not performed "darker" magics, never sacrificed a life nor rutted with a corpse, and I doubt I would, but if I felt something needed to be done I would do it, I don't hold with not harming another ever, though I do not wish anyone harm as a matter of course.

* The value of it.

Magick is a spiritual practise, for me its almost a form of intense prayer, I believe there are ways of interacting with forces we have not currently documented in a scientific manner. The use of "magick" is a way to make my reality better, and hopefully other peoples as well at the same time.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

They aren't necessarily wrong.

What they believe in is what provides their inspiration, power, hope, and morals. Whether it be God, Allah, etc.

If they pray to make a change in their life, then so be it. When that change occurs, they attribute it to their higher power. What is good for them works for them.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

So...belief..where do all the thousands of people praying go wrong then? The fact that they ask unto a higher power than themselves to make it so?

Also, do you believe there is a task too big for the human will? Are we under some universal law that says "This far, but not further!"

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Scorpiotropic]

The answer to your questions in my view are hand in hand, why dont prayers work on a grand scale, partly because most people don't really believe, deep down in the bottom of their bellies their is doubt, or feelings that they arent worthy or feelings they arent capable these hinder their prayers being answered.

Additionally depending on their religious persuasion / "scientific" upbringing (note i do believe in the positive uses of science) they may have cut themselves off from being able to do things outside of the "normal sphere of influence".

There is no limit on what we are capable of doing, but not everything is achieved through will working alone. Magick / Prayer / Energy Manipulations are not the be all and end all of reality, they are part of it, there are other parts you have to learn too, if you want things to happen on the physical plane. For example you probably couldnt cast a spell to directly destroy the planet, you could however create something to set into motions events which would lead to that effect, additionally you could do this in a non-magical way.

Even the word Magick is a bit distasteful to be honest, it conjurs up the wrong images, I think Occultism is better unless you have a name youve given or been given for your specific practise.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scorpiotropic
A few things I would like to hear your personal opinion about (leave some of it out if it suits you):

* Your moral boundaries.
* The value of it.

Warm thoughts from Scorpiotropic

Here are my takes on these...feel free to ask anything you want.

1. The source is not inside or outside, it is everything, we are constantly swimming through a soup of the source whether we want to or not. Its about learning to experience it and begin to see the world, your life, and everything else in context and beyond the illusion.

2. Schools are for learning, but at some point you have to graduate. People tend to stick together and there is power in numbers, but that same power also divides and destroys. I'm all for free use and taking what works for you. There is not "A Way" but many possible roads and routes you can take to the same or similar ends.

3. I think there are quite a few gems hidden all over the different schools, and especially in the older texts if you are patient enough to read them. Its about understanding what they are saying and not getting lost in all the obfuscations and inane blabbering metaphors. I have my own favorites I can share with you if you'd like.

4. I think the premise is wrong for this question but its the same as any decision you make or effort that you decide to put your energy behind. You can put your energy into many different things and we all do it consciously or unconsciously. Magick is learning to direct that energy in the most efficient and effective ways and to align and use your will as a tool. You'll quickly find that its easy to get what you want from simple things to the most complex and grand, the problem is you will quickly realize that what you want isn't always whats best for you and its definitely not always what you need. The universe is a big and dangerous place and no matter what your intent or endeavor its always good to keep your head on straight and realize that at any time we could be squashed like a bug.

5. Morals are relative. Who is bad or good depends on where you sit. In each of us there is something that tells us if something is right or wrong. You can choose to follow that or the will of others. In the end you are responsible for everything you do and in magick actions and words are equal as far as intent is concerned.

6. Value is also relative. Appreciate what you have, more is not always better and the grass isn't always greener on the other side. The greatest power is never having to use it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

A few things I would like to hear your personal opinion about (leave some of it out if it suits you):

* Your moral boundaries.
* The value of it.

Warm thoughts from Scorpiotropic

My take:

1. Both. You use the energy within to tap into the energy of the Universe. No reason, just the way it is...

2. Loosely follow Wicca, but basically free use...

4. Consequences can arise if not used properly. One must ensure that the intent is positive and that no harm is added to the intent.

5. 'And it harm none, do what ye will'

6. When all mundane paths have been exhausted, and the need is still there, the Divine will provide through the proper and ethical use of Majick.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by Venus014

Magick is the deliberate focusing of intent by a person in order to cause a change in their life or reality. It is most commonly seen used through the act of "spell-casting."

Thanks for the description
Spell casting sounds a bit creepy. Would I know if it done to me then? Im sure this guy is doing it to me ever since I met him on line hes got like a spooky hold on me
Like Im forced to like him through creepy internet spells lol

soz Ive made this thread like a magazine problem page now havent I

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

my opinion?
i open my eye on my opinion
i opin eye on opinion
i opin i on opinion
i opinion opinion

scorpiotropic
since the opportunity to make a first impression may only come once,

to all sisters and all brothers
som was som before all others

either we do or we do not exist
if we had we'd surely have kissed
any and all we may have missed
that were found on our father's list

we've stood alone in the darkest of places
we've stood in rank aside angelic faces

new my, man i'm in eye

friends, fear ends
it takes courage to cure rage
few tour the future
real eyes realize
pure fact is perfect

energy needed is either nothing or everything, dependent upon intentionality.
within me, outside me? at the point of use there is no measurable degree of seperation, and i do not always require to know the reason of it ...
within me and outside me are not, there is no within me, and there is no outside me, and there is no me.

i have to come back to this at a later time.

* Your moral boundaries.

i have to come back to this at a later time.

* The value of it.

when it comes to the value of the magic i know of ....
the value of it ????

it would be easier for me to answer the question:
what's the highest number?

i'll be back later, but first:

see someone playing a game with your eyes, on you?
see someone playing a game with you?
see eye game ?

see = c
eye = i
game = gam

see eye game = c i gam
cigam [mirror] magic

[edit on 22-9-2009 by soul of integrity]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Hey Scorp, I responded to your dream thread. I couldn't resist viewing your profile & learning a bit more. I don't claim to practice magick, but
someone here equated a similarity to prayer...extreme focus, let it go
entirely, then wala, manifestation of some sort. It never fails to amaze me!
I don't consider myself arrogant, but I haven't been the most humble guy
on the block ever...sometimes things occur that seem magick though & it's
usually after I've thought intensly about something that matters to me (sometimes for days) then just resolved to drop it accept whatever comes next. I try to be fair with others & I sense that this has something to do with the phenomenon...I'm still learning & this is a fascinating subject to me...thanks for your threads

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Don't feed the vampire

You have some kind of problem with vampires?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Venus014

Magik is for people who are emotionaly scarred and need some delustional way to controll reality. It doesnt work... never has....

Its just like karma, timewave zero, ouija board, ALL religion, and the american justice system..... its a way for the powerless to feel powerfull, and that keeps them in line and going to their jobs all the while casting spells and curses to reward their allies and thwart their enemys.

I believed in such things once... but there is no justice in the world. Its so sad it makes me angry.

PLease do not kill yoruself.... try magik or something first. It really is a needed step for people to cope with stress and anxiety, just like religion.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Yes plainmike, people finding it interesting was exactly my intention with the thread, so thankyou for that

The questions are suppose to be comprehended by all, and do not reflect my opinion on the matter. It is only asked about peoples personal opinion, and no request to explain how the general view might be.

As for what I had in mind about the term magick, I think mf_luder has provided a good answer to it in this thread. There is alot of interesting litterature on the subject..and ,if you are looking the right places, alot of ppl with knowledge.

Humble greetings Scorpiotropic

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Excellent thread, very interesting thanks!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Its just like karma, timewave zero, ouija board, ALL religion, and the american justice system..... its a way for the powerless to feel powerfull, and that keeps them in line and going to their jobs all the while casting spells and curses to reward their allies and thwart their enemys.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Wertdagf]

I have often read your posts with interest, some I may not agree with but I do find myself agreeing with you on the above! If used with the wrong intent I do see how it can end up a miss match of spells and counter spells flying around amongst the spell casters. As this is done the situation becomes unbearable as no one really knows how such situations will boomerang back at us!! It almost could be a scene from Harry Potter!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

1: Inner: Invoked a spirit at the age of 19, allowed it possession at 22, at age 24 still learning how to use it fully, at age 25-26 i will "merge" completely with said spirit and when that happens... well lets just say, no WO/MAN will be able to stop me I have altered the name of the spelling of what is inside of me but its enunciation is still viable "Ruack Hekodesh"

2: Free use , on the fly, at will.... school is for people who need to be taught (i know ur talking chaos/wicca/necromancy/divination/reiki)

3: Consequences : For every action, there is a reaction... almost like physics but not an opposite reaction

4: Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself, unless the other has caused harm purposefully, in which case harm is permitted to be committed.

5: can you place a value on something such as this? the potential is unlimited.

There is a lot more than i'd like to get into to this that would involve religion, lets just say I prefer Christianity, because its the truth *not starting a flame war by far* all of the above was brought on by doubt, and then i discovered through fasting/meditation/prayer and discovered everything comes from the same place including the magic you all use.... all i ever wanted was knowledge, but me not thinking the old saying "knowledge is power" i got both. i mean to each their own i guess... just remember the road to peace is paved by war. and when the war comes, your magic is going to be utterly useless.....

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
also note : there is only ONE Ruack Hekodesh.... trying to invoke it at this point would be a complete and utter waste of time if u discover the meaning, and if u do discover the meaning and try to obtain it, you can either A) ask me for it, and i'd gladly give you it, or B) kill me, try to fast/meditate/pray for 9 days without food/water/sleep and then invoke/evoke the sources of creation

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

nicely put, i take it you are a young soul in an old body, i am 7 fold spirit in a new body..... just wish Ruack Hekodesh would connect with my thought process... as you put it I guess i know "Majik" and at the age of 24, I am an adept... however, as my master taught me when i was a neophyte "people with true power do not display it" as of this point i do have offensive/defensive knowledge far surpassing anything "documented" from ANY previous adept. I do disagree with the Crowly teachings you have incorporated into your "univirsalism" because "do as thou wilt, that will be the law" will ABSOLUTELY not be the law. let me rephrase that, for 3 1/2 years that WILL BE the law... the trick is, to get you to believe that it is currently the law..... but you have to decide for yourselves who's laws to follow.... Crowly was a complete idiot honestly, knew very little that was useful, he did more harm than good, but that was his intention.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
toying to lusifer
soul of integrity

esoteric teacher
i tore each secret

hello, i'm
helo, i'm
eloh, i'm
eloh i'm
eloh im
elohim

hello, i'm elohim

me know stuff ...

my holy
mi hole
mihole

mihole [mirror] elohim

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by clever024

1: Inner: Invoked a spirit at the age of 19, allowed it possession at 22, at age 24 still learning how to use it fully, at age 25-26 i will "merge" completely with said spirit and when that happens... well lets just say, no WO/MAN will be able to stop me

I like your post very much. I have experienced similar mergers with spirits but found this whole area a mind field. How can you be TOTALLY sure your discernment is filtering out lower astrals, that is spirits of the lower realms. they are very manipulative and often pass off as bringers of higher knowledge from higher realms when in fact they are not.

That said the knowledge gained from completely merging with a spirit from the higher realms is very enlightening but it seems to me such spirits are few and far between and often their presence is swamped under the mass of lower astral signals.

I think once a person has merged with the higher spirits some sort of signal is lit up and all these lower astrals flock in and upset the connection, to me its like they cant bear it, to see it or feel it and they do their best to stop it day in and day out. They are a very real issue that hinders the growth in human connectivness to the God consciousness.

I did a thread on this very subject (astral mergers) and I think every reply said dont do this as you cant be totally sure what your merging with.

I have altered the name of the spelling of what is inside of me but its enunciation is still viable "Ruack Hekodesh"

I dont doubt it.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Mr Green]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Mr Green]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join