It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Hosts: Rep. Joe Wilson A White Southern Racist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
I've donated to Wilson. I would have done the same to any Democrat with the balls to call Bush out. We need more people like Joe who can look past the 'decorum' and call it like it is.

Yeah it takes a lot of courage to not engage in a civil debate. The republicans had their own response speech on ABC immediately after the speech. That was the appropriate time and place. A congressional rep. yelling out during the president's speech was violation of house rules and good sense.

If no one followed 'decorum,' there would be zero debate in Congress - no one could be given their fair opportunity to be heard.

The rules exist for a reason - to protect the right to speak, not to impede it.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Jesse Helms was a Southern Racist all the way and he did not hide that fact. As much as I hated his EVIL views I had to respect it because of the fact that he did not hide his true feelings unlike so many of these AMERICAN people that want to take this country back now. They were not out and about like they are now during all the Bush years. At least with all this foolishness going on today the rest of the world will get to see what all minorities see how these Americans are. Do they all go to the same Church that a Preacher wishes the President would die. Now if you do not want to call that racist then don't but I call it EVIL!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VEGETA007

You mean kind of like Obama's black nationalist pastor of 20 years?

Guess this guy is a racist too

The Black Sphere

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotrodturbo7
reply to post by VEGETA007

You mean kind of like Obama's black nationalist pastor of 20 years?

Guess this guy is a racist too

The Black Sphere

And don't forget Senator Byrd, democrat from West Virginia and once a member of the KKK. Would a Republican be allowed to say he'd changed his mind? Ask Trent Lott ...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

If no one followed 'decorum,' there would be zero debate in Congress - no one could be given their fair opportunity to be heard.

The rules exist for a reason - to protect the right to speak, not to impede it.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by andrewh7]

Ever listen to parliamentary debate from the UK?

They do everything they can to let the speaker know what they think of him and/or what he is trying to say while he is talking and somehow they manage to get it done.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

I think i see the strategy. Play the "race card" everywhere.
The GOP members are all racists.
The independents that oppose ObamaCare are all racists.
Everybody is a racist!

Oh......alright! How about this? If you give us ObamaCare, we will
stop calling everybody a racist. Deal?
That is desperate and pathetic.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join