It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Hosts: Rep. Joe Wilson A White Southern Racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
From last night. David Shuester claiming Joe Wilson is a racist because "hes white and from the south".

“The fact that Joe Wilson is from South Carolina...it strikes a lot of people as awfully close to the idea that maybe there was some sort of racist or bigoted element there.”
Again, isn't it pretty bigoted to make judgments like this based on skin color and where they live? Isn't that racist in itself?

And especially then when you look up at the picture and you see older white men, all Republicans, sitting there. Just it gives off a strange vibe.”
Ooooohhh! Watch out for those scary white people! They're com'in to get ya!

Is anyone else getting as tired of this as I am? Its gone waaaay too far.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Wimbly]

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

I get so #ing tired of the media calling "racist" whenever they can't defend the president in terms of substance.

Pointing out that Obama went from 46 million uninsured to 30 million, is racist.

Pointing out that democrats want illegals covered? Racist.
Pointing out that Obama wants to take over the healthcare industry? Racist.
Pointing out that Obama would MANDATE that you pay for insurance? Racist.
Pointing out that Obama would dictate to the insurance indusstry how to run their businesses and pay their CEO's? Racist.

Hey liberals. . . how about a debate on the fracking issues? Man up Obama! Man up liberal media!

*sigh*

Nice post Winbly, now I have to explain to my wife why I'm getting drunk and am P$#@ed off on a saturday morning!!!

edited because I can't spell when I'm irate

[edit on 12-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think this is really beginning to piss me off. Wilson should never have apologized. It just gave these asses the impression of weakness. And we all know how animals attack when they see signs of weakness.

I have several black conservative friends on facebook and they just foam at the mouth when this crap keeps coming up.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Uh oh. I'm white, from South Carolina, didn't vote for Obama. What does that make me? Yep, labeled.

MSNBC lost ALL credibility with me during the primaries. "Tingle up the leg," ring any bells?

I agree, endisnighe. Wilson should never have apologized. Somebody needed to say it.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

i agree, he doesnt have to apologize, obama does lie. hes so similar to bush its sickening.. now i do think the republicans are hypocrits and just the other head of the two-headed monster that is ur federal reserve led capitalist government bearacracy and they want the same things in general as the dems do cause they work not for the people but for thier boss (the fed) but hey! at least he had the nuts to have an outburst like that. too bad he retracted it...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hmmmm. There may be merit to the suggestion........

South Carolina Congressman Who Screamed at President Obama Fought to Keep Confederate Flag

Source

Regardless, take skin color and party affiliation out of the equation and IMHO it was inappropriate. A new low water mark in partisan politics. Mr. Wilson could have simply sat there, not applauded or booed. But an outburst during a Presidential Address is emblematic of the extreme disregard for the office of POTUS.

Besides, President Obama graciously accepted Rep. Wilson's apology. Why stoke the issue?

[edit on 12-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
These are suppose to be grown, Ivy League Educated people yet they throw this petty racist Accusation around as a tool. This is exactly why they have Obama in office, because they're so petty and pathetic that they'll use any attempt to stay in power when they have their chance to.

How come when a black man disagrees with Obama, they are never considered racist?

Obama is 1/2 white. It's is so pathetically absurd how the same hypocritical double standards are applied to certain people to further their agendas.

Ethics, Morals, Civility are nothing but words used to create an illusion and paint a picture in the pysche of those who are unable or unwilling to logically think for themselves.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Pot?

Kettle?

Black?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I was just looking this up..glad I refreshed the page.

regardless this entire system is shot. We have 2seperate main parties with different views and agendas. It will NEVER be in the interest of the American people and they will always be at odds.

We need Gov't Reform

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't know if this cat is a racist or not, nobody does, no, not even you can say with any credibility that he's not a racist.

But I think we can all see that he's an A@@............Hole.

Not to mention the fact that it seems that the right is making more noise about the implications of racism, than the MSM is making of his rudeness and disrespect of the office of President.

Anything to feel insulted, huh guys... LOL

This righteous indignation is so phoney.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Too true. I wouldn't be upset to see ALL of them thrown out. Just start over.
-sigh-

Nice thoughts. . . .

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by uaocteaou

I don't know if this cat is a racist or not, nobody does, no, not even you can say with any credibility that he's not a racist.

You cant say with any credibility that he is a racist! Lets not pretend that this is a new tactic by the MSM, or MSNBC in particular. They have been demonizing anyone who criticizes Obama as racist, based solely on the fact this critics are white. When his critics are black, they simply edit footage or just throw it away and pretend they doesn't exist!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

As I said, Booing would have been an acceptable alternative to shouting: "YOU LIE".

Failure?

To read?

My post?

Well I'm happy he didn't get a shoe thrown at him.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Hmmmm. There may be merit to the suggestion........

South Carolina Congressman Who Screamed at President Obama Fought to Keep Confederate Flag

The Confederate Flag as a symbol of racism is twisted, wrong and ignorant. It's a symbol of states rights. An affront to federal tyranny. If some race-hating jackass started carving the peace sign into the foreheads of his victims would it eventually be known as a racist symbol? Sure it would. Look what Hitler did to the swastika? 3,000 years of peaceful meaning and then one moron turns it into the devil's tattoo in a decade.

I want to see a news source spring up that doesnt have any 'pundits' or 'op-ed' garbage. Just a printing of unedited audio and video recording along with transcripts of events.

I guarantee it will be a colossal failure. People seem to really enjoy all of this misdirection, emotion-jerking and choir preaching bull. And the disseminators/purveyors of such tripe make bank off of every 'controversy' they drum up.

It gets us nowhere but right back where we started.

People are conditioned to their little boxes. Today I read an op-ed by this Hassan guy poking fun by combining the protestors who dont want to lose their medicare with the protesters who are opposed to government run healthcare. By combining them he made all protestors out to be some moron living in contradiction and as such not worthy of listening to. I thought, how stupid do you have to be to fall for this crap? Then a co-worker came in and asked me if I had read it and how funny it was all the protesters were morons. Then they go off on the "why is it okay to blow billions on some war but not on our health" as if those two things were the only options?

All of these idiots are locked in their little boxes and to suggest or mention anything that doesnt fit in either box gets you branded a radical and put on some list or laughed at then ignored.

I'm getting really tired of this. Really, really tired. 30 years of this crap with no end in sight is getting old.

So lets all get huffy about whether or not some dude is racist and whether or not that caused an outburst. Because lord knows that's far more important than finding out if the Pres was actually lying and looking at the terms and conditions that may make the accusation true and working to correct the obscurities that make such accusations possible. Of course an outburst at a moment that may or may not be racially motivated is far more important than how a bankrupt country spends a few billion dollars in the coming years.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Semantics. You can boo but not vocalize?

Split hairs much?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I want to see a news source spring up that doesnt have any 'pundits' or 'op-ed' garbage. Just a printing of unedited audio and video recording along with transcripts of events.

I ch guarantee it will be a colossal failure.

It exists. It is called C-Span. Is Duh a word?
Link

Poof.....even better.
Federal News Service Transcripts

You are welcome in advance.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

And it's a failure. Nobody watches it. I did for several years. I believe it fueled my hatred of government. Watching these people waste millions of dollars and hundreds of hours on nothing.

But C-SPAN isnt all that's going on. Only what's going on in the House and Senate. Not outside.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
HOLD THE FORT PEOPLE!!

I HAVE FOUND PROOF THAT THERE IS A RACIST IN THE U.S. SENATE!!

Oh, wait, he's a democrat. I guess that's ok then. Never mind. . . .

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I think this is really beginning to piss me off. Wilson should never have apologized. It just gave these asses the impression of weakness. And we all know how animals attack when they see signs of weakness.

I have several black conservative friends on facebook and they just foam at the mouth when this crap keeps coming up.

the fact you see nothing wrong with this, means you have little to contribute to society other to become another breeder.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by endisnighe

the fact you see nothing wrong with this, means you have little to contribute to society other to become another breeder.

Oooh, harsh. I guess if you think this guy was right to SAY what he said, then you are nothing more than a breeder?

Anger management. Deeeep breaths. Relax.

There.

Now you can debate again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join