It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Mahr: Drudge is a racist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Bill Mahr playing the race card yet again, as he accuses Drudge of being a "subliminal racist". Am I the only one sick of these white people who think the fastest way to a black person's heart, is to demonize other white people as racist? Is anyone else getting tired of being labeled a racist for disagreeing with a black president?

I'm starting to think thats the only reason the democrats wanted a black president. So they could attack anyone who dissents as racist. We didn't see that coming a mile away did we?

Maher Charges Racism Fuels Disrespect of Obama, Sees 'Subliminal Racism' on Drudge

[Friday night on his HBO show, Bill Maher tried to discredit critics of President Barack Obama, including those concerned about his talk to school children, by smearing them as racists – before he pointed to a Drudge Report headline, “POLL HELL: OBAMA NEGS RISE,” as somehow an example of the ways “some of the right-wingers are always dropping subliminally racist messages.”

Of course e directs some racist accusations at Joe Wilson. The latest target of the MSM.

Maher first took up Congressman Joe Wilson's “you lie” shout at Obama: “To heckle a President, to shout in the middle of a speech, would he have done that if it was a white President? I don't think so. I think this is a southern guy who thinks 'I can do whatever I want when it's a black guy speaking.'”

All of this based on the skin color of the person doing the criticizing. I'm sure the irony is lost on this mental midget Mahr.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Am I the only one sick of these white people
[edit on 12-9-2009 by Wimbly]

Using race is a very weak argument and yes i am sick of it too...but why bring up WHITE people or politics for that matter in your op?
Its all lies so ignore it and don't be baited by it?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yeah, but its Racist in Bill Mahr's mind, that doen't mean it is racist. I was called a racist because i said the UK's Immigration should be more controlled lol. To be honest, anyone who says Immigration should be controlled will no doubt be branded a racist! People these days (not me) are programed to believe any negative thing said to any race except the white race is racist!

Tsom87

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I dislike these kind of accusations where it's based on "subliminal messages" or "codewords". It's just taking very poor evidence, or no evidence at all and making the case you want to make out of it in order to smear someone.

I normally like Maher, but when he does things like this it annoys me. There are real racists he could be going after if that's what he wants to do this week, rather than just demonize people he disagrees with politically using 'evidence' that probably wouldn't stand up in any fair jury in the world.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This game is getting old with the likes of Mahr, Olbermann et.al. These guys have no other argument to fall back on. They are merely stoking the coals with the hopes of igniting a fire of hatred that they will be able to talk about.

Obama has let them down and they must now resort to creating their own discussion topics out of the blue.

The Drudge Report is simply a news story clearing house of sorts. Sure they use some teaser headlines just like ATS. It is up to the informed and educated reader to actually link to the story from the separate news source. Duh!!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Mahr is just a mental midget who simply parrots what his lefty friends are saying. If you locked him in a room with a dozen cows for 24 hours, he'd start moo'ing.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This game is getting old with the likes of Mahr, Olbermann et.al. These guys have no other argument to fall back on. They are merely stoking the coals with the hopes of igniting a fire of hatred that they will be able to talk about.

Obama has let them down and they must now resort to creating their own discussion topics out of the blue.

The Drudge Report is simply a news story clearing house of sorts. Sure they use some teaser headlines just like ATS. It is up to the informed and educated reader to actually link to the story from the separate news source. Duh!!

i think the problem you have is that documents and video capturing republicans in what they say, are played back again for the general audience. the old proverb...i believed he was an idiot, until he opened his mouth and proved it.

congressional representative JOE WILSON is a proud member of the "sons of confederate veterans"...lets have alook at one the affiliations that he is so proud of:

samdavis.scv.org...

go to the "gallery" section for pictures of their "youth camp"...notice anything strange? hhhmmm.....in all the pictures, there are ONLY WHITE PEOPLE THERE....now why wouldn't there be black people there to HOLD UP THE FINE TRADITION OF THE CONFEDERCY??? could it be that blacks don't have any money for this?...could it be that blacks were not part of the south??? could it be that blacks live too far away???...hhhmm...i just can't put my finger on it.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

i think the problem you have is that documents and video capturing republicans in what they say, are played back again for the general audience. the old proverb...i believed he was an idiot, until he opened his mouth and proved it.

congressional representative JOE WILSON is a proud member of the "sons of confederate veterans"...lets have alook at one the affiliations that he is so proud of:

samdavis.scv.org...

go to the "gallery" section for pictures of their "youth camp"...notice anything strange? hhhmmm.....in all the pictures, there are ONLY WHITE PEOPLE THERE....now why wouldn't there be black people there to HOLD UP THE FINE TRADITION OF THE CONFEDERCY??? could it be that blacks don't have any money for this?...could it be that blacks were not part of the south??? could it be that blacks live too far away???...hhhmm...i just can't put my finger on it.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by jimmyx]

You are making nothing but bold assumptions about something you know nothing about.

www.scvcamp469-nbf.com...

www.scvcamp469-nbf.com...

fred411.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There are alot of ppl in the South and other places that are members of groups like the SCV. Heck, I was a member at one time. There are groups for the American Revoluntion as well and the Buffalo Soldiers plus all the reenactor groups. Why be punished for celebrating one's hertiage? Or History?

It would be racist to attack the NAACP...according to this model. So what is the difference? Ever since the campiagns from last year or so- this "race" issue has come up more than I can remember from anytime that I can remember. I have never heard racism like this since I was in grade school (in the deep south) being thrown around so much.

It is a shame that you disagree with one person or a group of people that you are suddenly a Racist. I suppose it would be too hard to really talk about the Real Issues.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Bill Mahr is just another talking-head idiot. Every show he says more and more outlandish things to raise his ratings. More money, power and exposure. It would be interesting to see how much of what he says is what he really believes and how much is just part of the "show."

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
CNN's Don Lemon seems to agree with Bill Mahr. Lemon is another one on CNN that is constantly demonizing every white person who disagrees as racist. He also described the cops at a police conference as "incendiary". The guy is what he accuses others of being.

newsbusters.org...

Lemon announced: “I was watching Real Talk, Real Time with Bill Maher and I was like 'finally someone's talking about this, finally someone is talking about this.'”

Look at how slavishly he defends and deflects for democrats. Hes really convinced himself booing is completely different than yelling liar. Democrats always have excuses for why their behavior is acceptable, as if they have special rules.

Lemon also displays this fake outrage that the MSM does anytime a Republican does something they can exploit.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have to tell you ats that I am the first one to get loud, indignant, and sometimes downright ugly when I see racism. This bs is not racism and I am so frustrated with all this racist talk. Expressing opposition to the POTUS has now become the easiest way to be labeled a racist and that is just RIDICULOUS!!!

I fear that with all these false accusations on racism that when something that is a truly racist act happens people are just going to overlook it and figure it is that boy on the hill crying wolf again. If these morons would wake up and see they are doing more damage to race relations but their constant nonsense we may get somewhere!

I am becoming more and more convinced that Obama's presidency and all this useless rhetoric is going to set this nation back 30 years in race relations. Could this be part of the plan?? I am really starting to wonder if this is a true conspiracy that we are all overlooking.

top topics

join