It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels and Demons book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ive been reading a book called Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. its all about the illumaniti. lots of references to 503 and elipses and such. good book to read

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joshm2u
Ive been reading a book called Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. its all about the illumaniti. lots of references to 503 and elipses and such. good book to read

I haven't read it, so I can't comment on the contents. However, it was written by the author of "The Da Vinci Code", which, although acknowledges itself to be a wrk of fiction, contains a list a self-proclaimed 'facts' that have been widely discredited.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I've read Angels and Demons (and, right now, am some fiftyodd pages into another one of his novels, Deception Point.) Brown is an intriguing writer.

If you're interested in a bit of the Illuminati, you should check out The Illuminatus! Trilogy by R. A. Wilson. You can pick it up at any large, chain bookster.
It'll eat your soul. I read the entire tome in about six days. IT has a lot of fiction and fact intermixed.

Angels and Demons is neat, I enjoyed all of the information about CERN. However, I get the impression that Brown has an axe to grind with the Catholic Church: As a result, whatever nonfiction he may pepper his writing with is occasionally obscured by the fact that he seems to have a background focus of disparaging the RCC.

Just my $0.02

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Everyone determines their own level of involvement. Why the interest in the observers and the watchers. Some of us are truly married, involved
and successful. I am going through a phase as I ask about all tha I want to
do and the best thing I came up with is my own perceived go terminology of the situational component, as you know the good or bad, is in the eye of the beholder so as a science teacher can be as with no reflection on the subject of science itself.

What fearsa, hopes, ideas, considerations or topics, without words to define nouns, phrasings and essentially ALL we know as our medium of storage AND retrieval. How or by what nature would someone even come up with anything to talk of. Each word you say, lookes, acts and I did not like pop.
You would not have at all the lifestyle and meanings that we have here, but, peace!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer
Everyone determines their own level of involvement. Why the interest in the observers and the watchers. Some of us are truly married, involved
and successful. I am going through a phase as I ask about all tha I want to
do and the best thing I came up with is my own perceived go terminology of the situational component, as you know the good or bad, is in the eye of the beholder so as a science teacher can be as with no reflection on the subject of science itself.

What fearsa, hopes, ideas, considerations or topics, without words to define nouns, phrasings and essentially ALL we know as our medium of storage AND retrieval. How or by what nature would someone even come up with anything to talk of. Each word you say, lookes, acts and I did not like pop.
You would not have at all the lifestyle and meanings that we have here, but, peace!

That was perhaps one of the most truly nonsensicle posts I have ever read. What, pray tell, is your point? How does it relate to Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons"?

Are you daft?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Im half way through it and I don't care for it too much. I read and loved the Da Vinci code, it's a good piece of literature with some important pieces of information. His approach to writing doesn't work for me in Angels and Demons as it did in the Da Vinci code simply because there is not enough credible information on the illuminati to write such a novel. There are no clear lines as to what could possibly be accurate and what is the result of an over active imagination. As it is not a book writen to be taken as a factual reference what so ever the validity of its claims do not necessarely matter, but Brown's writing style does rest heavily upon "facts" and if the reader can not determine what is true and what isn't, then consequently his writing style fails and we might as well be reading a story that starts off with "Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away....." .

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
khonshu your on crack, i read the book and its fn amazing. there are LOTS of credible facts in it.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hey thats just my opinion based upon what I know(and not to sound arrogant but I know a great deal) and have been able to prove. If you like it great, im glad you do.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I've read three of Dan Brown's works, Deception Point, Angels & Demons, and of course, The Da Vinci Code.

Masonic Light is correct that Brown does seem to have trouble seperating fact from fiction (and making it clear what is fact, and what is his own poetic licence). That said, I thought all three were a bloody good read. Pulp maybe, but damned good fun if you ask me. I would heartily recommend them to anyone sitting on a beach somewhere with nothing to do.

Also, regarding the Illuminatus Trilogy, I found this to be incredibly hard work. A great book make no mistake, but hardly the 'pulp' reading of Brown.

B

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
do any of you find anything brown mentions to be credible information?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
do any of you find anything brown mentions to be credible information?

Dan Brown's credibility as a non-fiction writer is what is being disputed, not his talent as a creator of fiction.

More on Dan Brown's research here.

Thanks for the thread CPR.

new topics

top topics

join