It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot police quell 9/11 clashes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Please quit with all this tripe.

'England' is part of the UNITED KINGDOM. So please do not refer to it as a seperate entity.

The BNP and other nationalist idiots over here are regarded as moronic fools. They are regarded as dangerous racists and often idiot religious fundamentalists in their own right.

We wont tolerate them in the UK, and their numbers are very small. Personally, I rather enjoy taunting and baiting them, with their small intellects and puny brains.

This riot, was allowed to happen by a government that wants to keep its people scared. There's nothing to be scared of, the UK is a fantastic place. I should know, I'm British, and proud.

Like the U.S. government, the British government wants to dumb us down, keep us scared, and keep us under control. They will fail.

The Para.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Having just watched the Youtube video, I have just one thing to say to the Islamic person that made it;
You really think and believe that Shariah Law will be adopted by this country, and that the Islamic flag will one day fly above 10 Downing Street?
Not in this universe, pal!

This demonstrates perfectly the difference between Christianity, which says 'love thy neighbour', and Islam, which appears to say, 'Our religion is the only one, and we intend to make everyone on Earth Muslims, whether they like it or not'.
Is it any wonder that people hear this stuff and rile up against it!
It is the politics of confrontation, and is solely intended to incite violence, with the rider that the people that react to these statements are racists.
Go figure!

Roy.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by googolplex

There is something going on in Britain and it scares me, English nationalism and it's really on the rise big style and has a nasty edge to it. People are getting really vocal, you hear they say in the pubs, English flags going up everywhere.

The horrors!!! People flyings English flags. What's next, spontaneous breakouts of people singing the God Save the Queen?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

There is something going on in Britain and it scares me, English nationalism and it's really on the rise big style and has a nasty edge to it. People are getting really vocal, you hear they say in the pubs, English flags going up everywhere.

The horrors!!! People flyings English flags. What's next, spontaneous breakouts of people singing the God Save the Queen?

I hope not, it's a terrible dirge! Land of Hope and Glory or Jerusalem and maybe we're in business.

Seriously though, we're not a flag flying nation. For right or wrong, we're just not. This new wave of ultra-nationalism and the flag-flying that accompanies it has dark undertones.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Personally, I rather enjoy taunting and baiting them, with their small intellects and puny brains.

Seems to me the only puny brain here is yours, Parallex. It takes a meager intellect to repeatedly fall back on insults to express yourself. There are questionable sorts who associate themselves with the BNP, but it can be argued the other parties are full of undesirables also. Attack the message, not the people.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

The demonstrations and riots had nothing to do with 9-11, they werent even staged on 9-11 but several days before and held no reference to September 11th.

Sorry but there were several problems that occurred over several days, this one from all reports was on 9/11.
This will most likely be an on going problem, as it seems many people are fed up with what is going on in the UK and else where.
Read the Links.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
this gets better and better now a uaf supporter admits that they fueled and started the violence in birmingham the previous week.
read this its worth its weight in gold

www.birminghampost.net... e-comments-bottom

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

good. people should stay in their respective countries. i dont want to have any of their beliefs forced upon me

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Helghast1

Many of the muslims are born here mate, children of or grandchildren of immigrants from the 1950'2 who were invited here by the British government from old Empire countries as cheap labour to work in the textile mills of the north. Now industry has moved out but the people remain. No hope no future in old industrial towns, that 's for the English too. What do you want? Deporty them?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

God that is scary -

Swear to you the same thing is happening in America - but our folks are being lead like a heard to it.

Ba careful England, Nationalism brought us all the fine wars of history

latest IRAQ - by the same people who are going nutty over here currently.

Remember your country, but be careful how far it goes

[edit on 13-9-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helghast1

good. people should stay in their respective countries. i dont want to have any of their beliefs forced upon me

can you tell me any religion that has tried to force it's religion on you apart from Christianity assuming you went to a Cof E school.

Has a Muslim ever tried to force their religion on you? and even if they tried would you be forced to take on their religion. Of course not. I have stated in another thread that if we look at the figures their are 2 million muslims in this country. Lets say 10,000 of those are the militant Muslims you fear. 10,000 people cant force their way of live on the lifes of the other 60 million.

10,000 is the size of a very small football crowd, an 1/8 of the crowd at Wembley stadium. this is the size of the problem. stop blowing things out of proportion.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Yes it is scary. The nationalism is rearing its head all over the world, the difference over here in England is it seems to be more based on an expression of ethnicity. Rather than getting behind THE flag (the Union Jack) people are getting behind what they see as their flag. Britain has never been more divided from what I've experienced and the country is splitting and going its own ways with a future one can only guess wil be like the Balkans. It seems to have turned worse with the recent mass immigration primarily of Kurds from northern Iraq following the Iraq War. They are quite a visible new minority in city centres and you hear people moaning about it all the time, people have grievencies against them. The old and settled Muslim community is feeling the effect of the new arrivals on the localities they have settled. The places they have gone to are largely the old industrial belt of the UK, where locals are losing their jobs in industrial closures while at the same time lots of new young arrivals from the Kurdish Iraq who want work and housing both in short supply.
What a mess!

On a side note here's a conspiracy in itself. These assylum seekers are seemingly being 'planted' in these poor old industrial zones of decline in Englands north and midlands. If you travel to the posh well to do south like Cheltenham or Surrey and you just don't see them. There must be a Government policy of sending them to the industrial zones of decline which is only fuelling the fire surely.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
The news coverage I saw showed lots of bricks/rocks/bottles being thrown at the EDL(no more than 25 of them),and then at the police.

The news coverage showed no EDL people throwing anything-jeering and shouting but no throwing.

The way the news portrayed it,the muslim protesters where properly rioting,and looked angry as hell,and were in big numbers.

I am not saying this was an accurate snapshot of the events as I was not there,and as I don't trust the media to be unbiased.

Part of me thinks:If only we Brits rioted with such fury whenever we wanted something changed...Instead we watch crap on TV and moan about it..

Thats because it wouldnt make sense for the BNP/EDL to smash up parts of the very same country they love. Illegal Immigrants have no respect for any aspect of British Society wether its Culture or integration. They were throwing bricks and smashing things because they know if the BNP/EDL had their way their benefits (which there not entitled to anyway) would instantly be stopped and they'd get kicked out this country.
There living on a free-for-all at the minute, and to compare Nationalism with Racism is propogandic reporting at its best.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Yes your right this is not really about Racism, it's more about people, the natives becoming second class citizens, and having laws and customs of a what amouts to a foreign invader imposed.

This has occured in my area also but on much smaller scale.
A once very prestigious city, has been bought up by enthinic group, and have pushed all of the former locals out of the city.
I have no problem with this myself except now I'm afraid to go into that area, I went with my daughter to a mall there and ran into a gang of youths that were wild and rude, I was actually worried about my and my daughters safty.
The security people, at mall were well aware of this gang, but appeared to just let them run wild.

This seems will continue, all over the world and not just confined to the UK, though they seem to be getting the brunt of this now, and is more right up in your face kind of thing over there now.
With Muslims unable to get along with other Muslims, it is easy to see that they would easily have problems with other outside of their beliefs.

As side note: In that city I was speaking of, they have banned any type of knife, it doesn't matter if blade is only 2 inches long, or if you are tradesman , if just walking around you better not have tools in pocket?

[edit on 14-9-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I would invite those who have not read George Orwells Essay "England Your England" to read it.. personally I think it should be compulsory reading for all our politicians.

As for the racial tensions and rampant nationalism, I think this is being blown out of all proportion by the Government and Media... 15 protesters does not make a return to 1930's blackshirts.

However seeing the UAF affiliated groups burning union flags or waving Pakistani flags does bring out nationalism in some, and does not demonstrate community cohesion in my eyes.. Isn't the UAF a government funded group?

By not condemning the acts of the UAF equally the Government appears in my eyes to be condoning those acts, and branding *all* groups that oppose Islam as "right wing 1930s style fascists" appears to have one aim, and that is to garner the votes of the Muslim sections of the community.

This appears as it will only end badly for all sections of our community.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I'm white, British, Anglo-Saxon Christian.

What offends me is the sight of a bunch of skin heads in EDL / BNP shirts standing outside a mosque harassing a load of people who are just trying to pray, and having the nerve to call themselves patriotic.

These people do not represent me or my country. They're trouble makers, and they're making the situation far worse than it is.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

[edit on 14-9-2009 by ChemicalSubstance]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
I'm white, British, Anglo-Saxon Christian.

What offends me is the sight of a bunch of skin heads in EDL / BNP shirts standing outside a mosque harassing a load of people who are just trying to pray, and having the nerve to call themselves patriotic.

These people do not represent me or my country. They're trouble makers, and they're making the situation far worse than it is.

Yes, there is aways two sides to every story or most.
This would seem the way it goes with most problems, there are those that, don't do or say anything, then you have the radical, that go further than they should, so much for finding a happy medium.

The other side to the coin is the Government favoritisim, so the way things are you can't win for losing, with the crooks in Government.

It looks like there will be a lot of head bashing on both sides before this is resolved.

"Blessed are the Peace Makers for they shall be known as the Sons, Daughters of God/Creator".

[edit on 14-9-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Whats the problem on the forum, all i seem to read is that all these BNP and EDL are scum and should be wiped out and that if you beleive what they are saying that makes you a nazi WTF

you would have to be a complete idiot not to take what they say seriously or at least entertain the notion,

The fact is that Great Britain is not a muslim country and muslims are being allowed to build mosques anywhere they want which is direct provacation to me and in fact any locals who oppose this are ignored, if you where to look through youtube you will see plenty of muslims telling you exactly what they want to do to britain and all you got to do is look it up and then make your own mind up.

i cant beleive how stupid ppl are

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Lmao, you hit the nail on the head with that statement.

Those in england who are sick and tired of being dictated to, while they can see that Certain Muslims are offending either our troops or other people from the UK, are geting away with it.

If People who are not Muslim are not allowed to demonstrate outside a Mosque, then the should be applied to any religious church, chapel no matter what religion it belongs to.

If they do not do this, it just shows the double standards there is in th UK whenit comes to the Muslim Population and the rest of us.

I certainly hope they do start singing god save the queen, why should that be against the law or why should it be against the law to fly an english flag say ouside your house or business??

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Laurauk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join