It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel fires 14 rockets to South Lebanon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Israel fires 14 rockets to South Lebanon

news.xinhuanet.com

BEIRUT, Sept. 11 (Xinhua) -- Israel targeted Friday afternoon Klaile region in South Lebanon so far with 14 rockets, shortly after two rockets were launched from southern Lebanon to Israel, Lebanese official National News Agency reported.

Tranquility in South Lebanon was restored after the rockets exchange, but Israeli warplanes was hovering over border villages, according to the report.

Two heavy bombs were heard at around 15:45 local time (1245 GMT)at the surround of Tyre region in Lebanon, and it was discovered later that they were two rockets fired from Klaile region to Israe
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
xymphora.blogspot.com
whatreallyhappened.com

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

Looks Like Israel is trying to start WW 3 as Albert Pike envisioned over 100 years ago. Of course, as usual the Israeli's are only defending themselves
I cannot stress how serious the nature of the above article is. What Israel is perpetrating currently has been modeled time, and time again for helping to incite war with Iran.

It's like playing with a hornet's nest, or continually taunting the dog which would never had bitten You had it just been left alone. Well, Israel is taunting the dog, and his entire pack; which includes Russia, China, NAM countries, the SCO, and BLOC...... Look up the initials, You'd be amazed at how many countries.................

Any ways, with the help of Mike Rivero at whatreallyhappened.com I found a couple other very pertinent articles that fit very well. The first one is how Israel might have helped attack themselves, and the next one is Israeli soldiers being caught in the wrong place.......................all kinda like catching an FBI agent in the World Trade Centers just before they collapsed...........I know that never happened, but the incidences with Israel really did.

Peace, and Vigilance,

Sancho

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

www.haaretz.com...

To go with this story is the above article; it has a video clip of the developing situation as well.

Apparently similar twitter messages as happened in the Iran riots have been supposedly going out from Lebanon....see here.
whatreallyhappened.com...
also, from Mike Rivero;

If you study the twitter entries for Lebanon you will see a familiar pattern left over from the failed Iran coup; endless reposts of the same identical message, including identical tinyURLs, using multiple identities, spamming the same message of Israel's outrage at Lebanon. Israel is going to restart the Lebanon war. and this time they will try to grow it into Iran. WW3 is upon us, and unless we stop this thing, we are on the side which will lose

[edit on 12-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones

Of course, as usual the Israeli's are only defending themselves
I cannot stress how serious the nature of the above article is. What Israel is perpetrating currently has been modeled time, and time again for helping to incite war with Iran.

This will get out of hand

Rockets fired from lebanon into Israel

Israeli forces responded by firing eight shells into an area of fruit plantations from which the rockets were fired, the sources added.

A security official reported that the shells had hit the southern Lebanese village of Al-Qlaileh and ambulances had been sent to treat any wounded.

Police in Jerusalem confirmed that two rockets had been fired into western Galilee, while residents reported hearing explosions.

Hezbollah Stockpiles 40,000 Rockets Near Israeli Border

Three years after Israel fought a bloody war in Lebanon against Hezbollah, there are fears that hostilities could erupt again — this time with the militant group better armed than ever.

According to Israeli, United Nations and Hezbollah officials, the Shia Muslim militia is stronger than it was in 2006 when it took on the Israeli army in a war that killed 1,191 Lebanese and 43 Israeli civilians.

Hezbollah has up to 40,000 rockets and is training its forces to use ground-to-ground missiles capable of hitting Tel Aviv, and anti-aircraft missiles that could challenge Israel’s dominance of the skies over Lebanon.

Brigadier-General Alon Friedman, the deputy head of the Israeli Northern Command, told The Times from his headquarters overlooking the Israeli-Lebanese border that the peace of the past three years could “explode at any minute”.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This will get out of hand

Your correct Slayer
It could get out of hand for People not having all the facts of the situation. Israel has continually helped fester the drums of war throughout many instances. The OP covered what the official reasoning was for attacking Lebanon. However, also in the OP I posted two other articles which show Israel helping set the stage for counter strikes.

The 40,000 thousand rockets thread I never agreed with, and posted in it to such degree. It was a pro Israeli Newspaper; which is what most all Western Media is.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Fair enough

www.chinaview.cn 2009-09-12

In the initial investigation into the incident, UNIFIL have found a wooden platform which was used to launch the rockets, as well as a battery, in an orchard at the outskirts of Klaileh village in Tyre.

Israel accused Hezbollah of stockpiling rockets in southern Lebanon and putting big threats to its territory, following an ammunition depot blast on July 14 in a village in southern Lebanon, which Israel and UNIFIL viewed as a serious violation of Resolution 1701. However, both Lebanese government and Hezbollah officials denied Israel's accusation.

Bouziane refused to comment on whether there are some links between the blast and Friday's rockets attack to Israel, saying that the investigation is still ongoing.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Do You think this situation will grow into WW 3, or be one of the many "not quite gonna do it's"? Seems there have been many things which seemed like they would go somewhere, or lead somewhere, but never do. I don't think this alone will lead anywhere, but in combination with something else, yet to be seen, it very easily could.....imho.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Watching more episodes of the Twilight Zone are we???
This was just a counter attack by Israel at unmanned locations so as to warn and discourage further attacks from hizballah and other such factions...Same ole Tom and Jerry show!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

IMO.. No

If Israel goes offensive they'll receive just the min political support from Obama. They are an Allie. If they are attacked that's a different story. I'm not a big Israel supporter. However having said that I know what Israel is capable of. Iran just is not quite there yet to reach out and touch Israel. YET. They are getting very close. Missiles with conventional warheads or worse chemical. Would be a blunder.

Iran is trying to play the waiting game. Israel, if they have an agenda may be making moves on their own. They are very capable of that. But Beirut AGAIN?

What this can do and is something Israel should consider is that any offensive action will turn even more of global opinion against them if that's even possible.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

What this can do and is something Israel should consider is that any offensive action will turn even more of global opinion against them if that's even possible.

You brought up an incredibly important point; public relations. Wow, I guess it's late, and I'm tired, but the World's eyes will quickly be watching this situation; to see whether it defuses, or ignites into something worse.

The PR is really a major battle in, and of itself. I guess We will see how this plays out over the next several days, or few weeks.....

I hope as usual it is nothing

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yet again you are totally correct. How dares Israel to fire back? Drums of war, i tell you. Warmongers. Peaceful Lebanese people who just want to throw away/kill all the Jews in Israel (oh,sorry - it is coded under Zionist regime) fired 4 rockets at Israel, and what those blood-thirsty Zionist bastards do???? They fire back!!!!! Clearly they want WW3.
p.s. - Israel responded with artillery fire, not rockets. The nerve, i tell you....

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by webbot
reply to post by CuteAngel

You're a sheeple, go back to following the pack and conforming and continue believing your spoon fed media #e.

To the op: I have information, available to the public, that Iran comes under attack from Israili/Zionist forces (likely to be an airstrike) on or around the date of october 26 2009.
Language suggests that the strike was severe, with such a high body count as to make the rest of the world feel 'uneasy'.
As a result, countries all over the world condemn Israel.
Allies of Iran, the ones you mentioned, will defend Iran. The ONLY country that goes to Israel's defence is, of course, the Bilderberg-governed USA.
Every other country, in the whole world, is against Israel because of what they did in October.
And so begins the TRUE, World War Three. Eat your heart out Adolf Hitler.

You may say or think whatever you want on this one, but watch and see, October does NOT pass without this war beginning.

Lol love the way you call cuteangel a "sheeple" (like all do on here if you don't BELIEVE) and then claim you have "information" of an attack..

What are you? some sort of time traveller? ....

[edit on 12-9-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by webbot

Hello webbot. As far as Albert Pike and Illuminati are concerned the plot does'nt serve much purpose according to me. Here's some CHANGE we can believe in
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by webbot

Im sorry, but the "Love IRAN" rhetoric is getting just as bad as the "Love ISREAL" Rhetoric.

Everyone thinks that if they like the guy they are not supposed to like, then they are on the right track.

You call her a sheeple...that may be true, but in my eyes, you are just as much of a sheeple as she is, only playing on the other side.

I dont give a damn about Irans interests, I dont give a damn about Isreals interests, and I dont give a damn about anyone elses besides our own.
I care about people, not borders. We all act like we know whats going on in other parts of the world as if we actually live there(which is BS).
Nobody knows what secretly goes on in the political arena, because quite frankly, we dont matter, so we dont need to know. You will never know half of the truths that keep this world the way it is.

So keep drawing your opinions from biased organizations from whatever countries or news affiliates you like the best, cause thats all that people seem to be doing these days. As long as you sleep well at night thinking you really know whats up, thats all that matters right? Wake the **** up.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by webbot

Check out this link: www.euronews.net...

That headline is from january of 2008. My point is that the 'brink' of war in the Middleast is pretty much every day. The brink of ww3 will come and go in the blink of an eye, or rather the push of a button, and there will not be a big military moment or show of force other than that.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Israel warns Lebanon on rockets but sees calm for now

JERUSALEM, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Israel said on Saturday it viewed rockets fired from Lebanon as an isolated incident but would be ready to take "massive action" if any border violence continued. Speaking on Israel Radio a day after two rockets struck northern Israel in the first such attack in seven months but causing no injury, Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said Israel expected United Nations peacekeepers and Lebanon to prevent further attacks.

Seems that they are softening the world up for an impending war.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I guess all one can do is laugh at some of these replies.

Yes Israel is well known for its disproportionate retaliations and has been caught out in the past using deceptive and misleading means to achieve their aims. And it DOES deserve more criticism than it receives in the MSM. No arguments there.

However, some of you people are so blinded by the negative emotions you feel for the country that you have lost your ability to be objective and fair. It is assumed as fact that any action Israel takes deserves the utmost scrutiny and analysis. There is ALWAYS some hidden, alternative reason for them doing things and it is always malicious. They never have the interests of any other people at heart except theirs. Every action they take is aggressive and is an attempt to silence and murder the Palestinians.

You state that Israel has many enemies, but none of these enemies are an actual threat to the nation. Therefore, whenever a threat does it occur it has to be the Israeli government that is really behind it. You ignore the fact that the past, present and future shows that they do have enemies, some of them powerful and resourceful ones. (Even if they DESERVE to have enemies, the fact is they do exist.) You also ignore the fact that Israel has been attacked multiple times in the past by coalitions of countries surrounding them. Some of these countries provide refuge and openly support organisations that have charters calling for the obliteration of - not negotiation with - the State of Israel.

I have said before that I am no fan of Israeli policies, this has not changed and I am not defending all the bad their military has done to innocent lives. It upsets me to see a region of the world where so much hate and disdain is felt for those who live in such close proximity to each other. Then you have people who are not from the region commenting on how bad and evil the one side is without acknowledging why they act in the ways that they do, and only tracing history back to a point they feel fits in with their position. This goes for both sides.

Warning: an attack on Iran WILL likely result in WW3. The question is, who really wants WW3 to take place? I doubt it is people living in either Israel or Iran...

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
[edit on 12-9-2009 by alien]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join