It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 forgotten?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
My son attends a public high school in Washington state. When he comes home from school, he always shares his day with me. (Very lucky, I know.) I expect to hear the usual on what happened in class, what his friends did and/or said, and anything special about his day.

I was sure that today he would also tell me how his school remembered the victims of 9/11/2001. When he finished the update on today's happenings, nothing was mentioned about 9/11. I asked him about it and he told me that there was no announcement, no minute of silence, no poster of remembrance on the wall, no mention of it by any of his teachers. Nothing. It shook me up a bit. How could that day and those innocent victims be forgotten?

This evening our family watched one of the 9/11 specials recalling the events of the day. At the end of the program, I glanced over at my son and a tear was running down his cheek. He looked at me and asked how anyone could forget the people who died on that day. I know he was thinking about his school.

I've been thinking about what he said all evening. How can people forget that day? No matter what a person believes about why or how it happened or who was behind it, we should never forget it. We should never act as if it didn't happen. My seventeen year old knows that.

I would be interested in hearing from the members here. Did your children's schools remember the innocent victims of 9/11?

(Moderators, I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place.)

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It was strangely quiet today, yes.

They don't play the scenes of the exploding towers any more either, with people running for their lives from the pyroclastic dust cloud.

It was a day that no one CAN forget, so how is it possible that they appear to have.

I think the MSM and the PTB, especially those involved, would much rather that everyone just forget about it and let it fade into history, the official story about it in tact.

BUT - the 9/11 Truth Movement, won't let that happen, and we're just starting to pick up steam again.

Ironic, from the debunkers perspective, that the "Truthers" are the only ones left who seem to really care about it, and about the victims, and that some form of justice can be served from 9/11, if only in the form of a remembrance, and, ideally, a great point of learning.

I liked your post, and it sounds like you've raised a great kid with a big heart.

Your avatar is also the most hopeful I've seen around here.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
They never really have in school guys, I was in high school until a couple years ago and usually there wasn't much said about it at all. It's strange, you'd expect them to say something....

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Never forget.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I am working nights, so I have not talked to my kids much this week about school, but I can tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing when the attacks happened. I watched them unfold right from the beginning on CNN. I will always remember.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Surly yous guys should have a remembrance day, Like your Veterans have, Say a monument/cenotaph to the fallen. or similar to our poppy day and have some sort of symbol to honour your "civilian casualties".. just my opinion

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Maybe it's up to YOU, the PARENT to say what happened on that day. Maybe you are expecting your Government to somehow educate your children. My opinion? Worst mistake that parent's have made for...DECADES!!!! Educate your children. Stop expecting our government to. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I thought I read somewhere that this was the first year that all 50 states in the US were going to have some kind of remembrance service. I don't think it's forgotten or will ever be.

How a school in Washington, of all states, could not bother to make some kind of remembrance to it really surprises me!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Western world covers 9/11 memorial without mentioning all the unanswered questions...

Russia Today covers 9/11 by saying "questions still unanswered" without siding the questions with conspiracy theories! wow! this is how media should be...
They know the difference between conspiracy theories, and unanswered questions, unlike western media!

France covers the 8 year memorial.. the victims of the attack, and the war, and the unanswered questions, and the appeal to open a new investigation.
They inverview a 9/11 truther too
www.france24.com...

USA willingly has send its sons and daughters to die in the Middle East for 8 years, because of 1 "terrorist attack".

Maybe its time soon for a new terrorist attack soon to renew their patriotism, like its rumored here on ATS

[edit on 12-9-2009 by conar]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

They don't play the scenes of the exploding towers any more either, with people running for their lives from the pyroclastic dust cloud.

Im glad theyre not showing that anymore, we dont need to be constantly reminded of that day by seeing that or the video showing the falling people and the witness stating that the "thump" she heard on the metal roof every few seconds were the sounds of the bodies of the people that jumped hitting the roof.

Nobody in the US that was old enough on that day will forget it, we dont need all day marathons on the history channel to remind us either.
If saying that makes me sound cold, then so be it.

If it matters any, every place that i drove by yesterday that had a flag, had it at half mast

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Every year we forget more and more.We used to do a moment of silence and carry on our day. Now we just carry on our day.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Omega Point, thank you for the kind words. My son is a very good kid and a reminder to me when I get down that there is hope for the future.

I love this country. I could never forget the people who died to keep it safe or the people who have died innocently because of the greed and manipulation of others. We can't just sit by and hope that everyone else fixes things for us. If we see a wrong we must bring it into the light. Not because we hate our country and it's leaders, but because we love it.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Mr. Headshot, my family and I have lived in three different states since 9/11 due to careers. In the two other states that we lived in, the victims of 9/11 were remembered in my children's schools. From a moment of silence to essays prepared and read by the children, the victims were remembered. Here in Washington state, there was silence; not a moment for memorial, but all day as if it hadn't happened.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Zenagain, I agree with you that parents should take a part in their children's education regarding the events of 9/11 and instill in them a sense of respect and a need to remember the victims. However, 9/11 was a current event and is now a part of the history of this country. It is not religion and should not be excluded from public education. Teaching respect and compassion and setting an example for our children is part of the responsibility of the school. Ignoring an event that killed thousands of innocent Americans is wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

Conar, thank you so much for your informative contribution to the thread. Other countries have not forgotten what happened here. They are still asking questions. As long as people have questions they will search for answers. That's what schools are supposed to instill in our children, right? They shouldn't teach them that if the answers are hard to find that they should stop looking.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Even the lamestream media barely talked about 9/11. Obama put a wreath down at the pentagon but New York was all but abandoned by the msm. CNN spent most of their time talking about gun shots on boats and then of course it was a drill as usual.

My theory on this is because there is so much evidence that 9/11 was a false flag they just dread the anniversary because it makes people think about it even more. They avoid New York because of the thousands there this year protesting for a new investigation so Obama has his tribute at the Pentagon a nice controlled environment.

Way back in 2001 when they did the black op they probably had hope that they could remind people every year of the event and evoke emotions that they could harness to wage more wars throughout the world instead they avoid it at all costs in fear that more will wake up to the truth.

I feel for your sons sadness about the event just don't make him aware of the millions of lives lost around the world due to the wars caused by 9/11 because he won't be able to handle that kind of horror.

top topics

join