It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Identifying This Plane Seat from WTC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Here is a picture I captured from a video I can't recall ever seeing before, even though it appears to be from some of the Camera Planet footage. I thought I'd seen all that???

Anyway, some people are walking around down at the WTC and someone says "Is that an airplane seat?"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bea1639e46b0.jpg[/atsimg]

Video here:

www.sbs.com.au...

So before I go much further, can some other people weigh in here please and generally identify that as an airplane seat? Anyone ever discussed this? I can't recall ever seeing it...

Because the next question would be if that is indeed a plane seat, and given that it would have had to come from F175 or F11, a 767 222-ER and 767 223-ER, respectively, I am having some real trouble finding pics to match it. Everything I am finding does not look like that, which is why I have a hunch that could be a jumpseat? Or is this from a destroyed bus (ground vehicle)?

Anyway, thought I'd put it up for discussion...unless I'm way late.

[edit on Sat Sep 12th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

i saw that video too but as I recall someone commented that it
appeared too large to be an aircraft seat. I'm not sure because
it sure looks like one to me, just missing the arms.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

i saw that video too but as I recall someone commented that it
appeared too large to be an aircraft seat. I'm not sure because
it sure looks like one to me, just missing the arms.

Yeah, well the funny thing is, in all the pictures I saw of 767 200 seats, they were all larger than that. The backrests are higher, the cloth different, etc. That's why I was confused by that comment on the video.

So, anyone else?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

First thing is to identify location where seat was found

AA11 came in from north - aircraft debris was sprayed to south of WTC

UAL175 came from south - debris fell to north

Here is map showing where aircraft debris found

Looking at video - it was post collapse, after dark making ID difficult

Believe it was area of 90 Church/45 Park Place

Looking at building can see damage to windows - both ground floor and
above

Here is picture of the buildings - 90 Church is in front

wirednewyork.com...

Map of area showing damage pattern

911research.wtc7.net...

Same general area where other large pieces of UAL 175 found

Maybe our aircraft experts can identify it....

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Hey thanks for that info, star for you for helping to contribute. Although the bottom line is this: If that is indeed a plane seat, which remains to be seen, then all we really need to know is that it matched or doesn't match either F175 or F11... Because if it doesn't match either of those two plane's seats- well then Houston, we got another problem. Like we really needed another problem?

But yeah, this is weird.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Im no expert at all - but looking at it I thought immediatly of the "jump" seats used by the cabin crew - will pass it to a pal of mine who worked with one of the seat manufactures here in the UK - so he might have better contacts on this.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Was looking for some info on plane seats and found this:

(I'm new to the 9/11 section so if old news please ignore)

What colour were the seats on the airlines that crashed into the WTC?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Apparently, these are American Airlines seats:

Here's a shot of an AA 757 cockpit that sort of shows the seats. The colour is similar.

And another.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Karilla]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Hi, TA.

You asked for help, here I am....

That is NOT a passenger seat from an American Airlines or United Airlines (or ANY airline's) airplane.

It is NOT a cockpit seat. The two forward seats have high backs, some have headrests (an option) and the bottom cushion has a U-shaped cutout for the control column.

The two jumpseats in the cockpit also have higher backs than indicated by that seat, and ALL have the 'sheepskin' covering, in gray. (So, only the color tends to be similar. ALSO, the sides of the pictured seat do not match with anything from a passenger jet).

The only other 'seats' in an airliner would be the Flight Attendant jumpseats, and they don't look anything like that either. They are very thin-cushioned, and designed to fold up against the bulkhead when no one is sitting on them.

The obvious absence of seatbelts ATTACHED to the seat in any way leads me to think it came from some ground vehicle.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
TA, looking at it, I wonder if it was attached to a row of chairs, similar to the type of row seats you see in the airport gate areas where people wait to board the plane. I would think WTC complex might have had chairs like this to rest in. Also, it appears by the way that it is sitting on the ground that there might be a pole coming out the bottom that was broken off close to the seat bottom hence the seats orientation to the floor.

Otherwise, that is my best guess so far. Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I agree with the above two posts... I don't believe it's from a plane or vehicle at all.

To me it looks like normal office furniture - like you see in lobbies or waiting areas, even lunch rooms. Often you will see chairs bolted together in rows of four or so. Would explain the attachment area down the side of the chair in the photo...

Rewey

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Based on location probably came from WTC 7 - looks like found near
45 Park Place.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The exposed metal brace on the side appears to be one solid piece, which would prevent the seat back from reclining. Also, the bottom seat cushion seems to be wider at the front than at the back. I would also expect the seat back to have some sort of head cushion. I'm pretty sure this chair came from a conference room.

top topics

join