It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people Realy believe Iran will use nukes against Israel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I am starting to think that many individuals have thoughts stuck behind there heads which constantly tell them that if Iran gets a nuclear weapon, they will use it against Israel.

Now this is a serious subject, this is a serious assumption, this is a serious claim which needs to be either proven with evidence which backs this thought, or a counter.

Now my part will be to counter this absurd claim which has been implanted in many minds through the media:

The first argument which will be used against the Iranians if you have focused on the debates is the following:
--iran IS a society built around martyr dome therefore they would nuke Israel--
This is a common argument used against Iran in debates, at first glance it makes sense due to implanted images in our head which are triggered.

When you look at evidence it is not at all the characteristic of Iran:
When Iran was attacked, Iran didn't go all out against Iraq, does any one ask why? It is because they were weak and they didn't believe it was necessary. So at the time when Iran thought it couldn't win an occupation against Iraq why did it stop? Do the Iranian leaders actually have brains? If Iran knows it doesn't stand a chance against Israel why should it nuke it? It is just absurd and what is even more absurd is the fact that people believe this absurdity.

People seem to believe Iranian leaders would be willing to risk the lives of all Iranians for the sake of destroying Israel, as evidence shows it is not true at all.

Another argument which will be used against Iran would be the rehitorics of their leaders for example: --wipe Israel off the map--

This is a very common quote used against Iran, even politicians use it although it has been proven over and over again as a myth:

Press TV: So you did not threaten to wipe Israel off the map as an Iranian leader? That we will wipe Israel off the map?

Ahmadinejad: No. We say that the people of Palestine should have rights and when the people of Palestine exercise this right, this will happen. Where is the Soviet Union? The Soviet Union has been wiped off the map. What happened to the Soviet Union? The decision of the people, the vote of the people. When the people of the Soviet Union, the Russian people, were allowed to decide to take charge of their destiny, the Soviet Union disappeared.

The Zionist regime is an artificial regime… a fictitious regime. You brought people from different parts of the world and you have built this state. No, that cannot last, it is not sustainable. If they do not listen to our solution, this will happen one day.

www.presstv.ir...

Please pour your arguments against Iran, I will try to shed some lights in all of them through this thread.

Thanks for your time

oozy

[edit on 12-9-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I do not believe it. Having nukes give you more leverage than just wasting them by bombing a small, small country. You can always threaten the Western world much like North Korea does in order to get the Western world to comply. Don't forget, you cannot bomb Israel without bombing Jerusalem and the Dome of the Rock. And Iran would never do that.

Israel has been dead ready to bomb Iran if Iran does become a nuclear power. But again, that would be stupid as Iran and Russia are in good relations, then you have Russia, India, and China, China and North Korea - it would not take much to create another "axis of evil" among them. If I was Iran, that would be the perfect opportunity to get those I mentioned together and strike, especially if the U.N. looks the other way at Israel's actions. I mean, you would have a WW3 on your hand if Israel bombed Iran or vice versa. And that war would be anyone's victory.

Total suicide.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If anything, I would think that things would end up the other way around.
Maybe a mini-nuke or two from Israel with love.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81

Me too...I know it's not popular, but I trust Iran more than I trust Israel or the US.

just sayin'....

I don't think we have to worry about Iran. I think we have to worry about somebody making things up and embellishing, to garner support for unjustified actions.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Given the threat of Jihad for any Muslim caught using a nuclear weapon, imposed by the supreme Ayatollah of Iran in 2003...No, they are not going to nuke Israel.

Israel, home of Mossad and known for decades to be almost psychotically set on preserving its hold on a stolen patch of sand on the other hand...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Mini nuke is going to be a problem and the UN as usual can't and won't do anything against Israel. There needs to be reform in UN against the monopoly. Or nations should create their own alliance. Some countries are stepping up and speaking out against the bullies but most are still silent, change and change fast or WWIII is a foot step away.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Me too...I know it's not popular, but I trust Iran more than I trust Israel or the US.

just sayin'....

I don't think we have to worry about Iran. I think we have to worry about somebody making things up and embellishing, to garner support for unjustified actions.

I completely agree KS!
From what I have read and seen of Iranian culture, they are normal people who generally do not hate the US, and have even taken to some of our western creations like McDonald's.

It's a shame that some peeps will just buy the rhetoric of talking heads and assume that Iran is a horrible nation of Islamic fanatics who want Israel and western nations to burn. It's a load of BS.

Israel, on the other hand, seems to be ran by a bunch of hardline zionists who consider non-jews as a lesser race and have no qualms with wiping the floor with these "lesser people", taking their lands, controlling what gets in and out, who lives and who dies.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

RPT-US drafts UN resolution urging nuclear disarmament

UNITED NATIONS, Sept 11 (Reuters) - The United States has drafted a U.N. Security Council resolution calling on all countries with atomic weapons to get rid of them, a text Washington hopes will be approved by a special council session presided over by U.S. President Barack Obama.

The 15-nation council will debate the draft resolution on Sept. 24 on the sidelines of the annual meeting of the General Assembly, where Obama is making his debut appearance at the United Nations. Washington holds the rotating presidency of the Security Council during September.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

interesting little note there at the bottom Slayer, thanks for the news update!
I wonder how well that will go over? Likely nuclear disarmament won't happen, but if it did I would personally be doing backflips on hearing the news.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The video looks alot like Western Goths who cut themselves
that doesn't mean the Goths will go around and cut everyone. You don't see any crack down against Goths do you. Or maybe the body piercing.

Let's hope Obama stands with his words, but I'm not expecting anything. Let's not forget he is suppose to be the good cop. After pissing people of for 8 years a new, fresh face is needed to make people happy again.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
If we aint careful peace may break out...

Obama good cop

US ready for N Korea direct talks

The US says it would hold direct talks with North Korea to persuade it to return to stalled multilateral talks on ending its nuclear programme.

A spokesman for the US state department said that there had been no decision on when such talks might take place.

Philip Crowley insisted the move was not a policy shift and talks would take place within "the six-party process".

AND....

U.S. Accepts Offer From Tehran for Broad Talks

By Glenn Kessler
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, September 12, 2009

The United States has decided to ignore Iran's refusal to discuss its nuclear program and instead accept a vague Iranian plan for talks on security issues as the opening gambit to draw Tehran into real negotiation.

The effort to "test" Iran's intentions, announced on Friday, came after Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said his country is skeptical of the need for new sanctions on Iran, giving the Americans little choice but to treat seriously Iran's latest offer.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I'm not going to hold my breath. The US, Russia and China will want to keep their reserves up. India wont get rid of them until Pakistan does and that wont happen until India does it first.

As long as Israel is paranoid with their General Custer mentality they wont give up theirs. France wont give them up either they don't want to have to surrender to anybody again. So who does that leave....

[edit on 12-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I agree, it's unlikely that anybody would want to disarm for fear of being caught with their pants down as a result. Still, it's nice to occasionally think happy thoughts in a "what if" scenario.....just for kicks, you know.

If peace breaks out I will eat my shoe, lol.
Peace would be wonderful, but I can't honestly say that I see it happening anytime soon.

Wish in one hand, **** in the other right?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Yip.
There ya go.

peace

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Back on topic.

I can understand how some in the west feel the way they do. I don't agree with them but understand why. I think it all depends on how well they are familiar with the culture. I'm no expert. But I'm not ignorant.

I think many who were too young to remember the 52 hostages may be a little bit more open minded vs the crowd who were around then when some guy in a robe defied the US....

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I agree.

Not to mention getting a nuke and then using it just makes me think of the movies where you see the bad guy shoot all 6 shots from his revolver as the good guy hides, and then there's the click click click as he realizes "oops, i screwed up. this gun was more useful loaded as a threat than used and empty"

same situation. If Iran gets the bomb, they will get 2, test one, and say "there's more where that came from"

infinitely more useful than shooting off their rounds and realizing that they've already spent their load.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I too believe that Israel would be the one to worry about starting wars and using nukes against Iran. They aren't proving to be a very peaceful nation.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
let me put it to ya like this: if someone left Hitler with a button in his care that would gas 500 jewish people And thinking to yourself would he do it or not? What do you think he would do!!!???

That's basically how people think of Iran. If they had it they'll do it.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cormag

Any basis for this outlandish claim?

How about you look at the facts. Iran has the 2nd largest population of Jews in the Mid East. Second only to Israel. They are represented in government, have equal rights, have a Jewish hospital, a dozen synagogues in Tehran alone, with another dozen throughout the country, a Jewish research library with twenty thousand books, Hebrew schools, kosher shopping, and the Islamic courts even accept Jewish burial rites and divorce proceedings.

Oh, and wealthy Israelis are paying 30k a head for Jews to leave Iran for Israel or California. guess what, a grand total of 40 accepted in 2007, but the general feeling is not a positive one.

In August 2007, the Iranian Jews in Iran, responded by saying they "resent such transparent political enticements."

Also, most Iranian Jews leave for economic, rather than political or religious reasons.

But yeah, i guess you must be right, all Iranians are blood-thirsty, Jew-hating monsters.
I should probably check under my bed and in my closet for one tonight before I go to sleep.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well, tell me once Ahmadinejad used the word Israel, not Zionist regime. He clearly said "Soviet Union" in his example. But he never, ever, used the world Israel. So Zionist regime = Israel. If US president during cold war would say that Soviet Union would be wiped off the map, while developing H-bomb, my guess is that Soviet leaders would consider it as an exestential threat.
Iran uses Hizbollah against Israel, nobody can guarantee that the same religious Iranian regime that is waiting for Mahdi would not use nuclear weapons against Israel.
So in my opinion Israeli government is totally correct in all diplomatic attempts to stop Iranian nuclear program. As for military option, not that sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join