It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mount Olympus, Greece - a UFO base?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
From what I understand of Greek mythology, Mount Olympus was originally not meant to be a specific place, just the dwelling of the Gods, but eventually it became associated with a mountain in northern Greece.

A lot of people think the gods of antiquity were actually aliens, do you think Mount Olympus was actually an alien base?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Most ancient myths were not based around nothing like the modern day, they were created to explain natural events or weave a mythos around a physical thing.

It is more likely that Olympus was very common for storm clouds, some farmer wove a tale about a giant being that cast thunderbolts from his throne, and centuries later you have the pantheon of Olympus as the dominant religion of Greece, knitting together multiple ancient myths into one tapestry.

It is a trend that repeats itself in many cultures, even today.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
You can always play around with the thought, but why conceptualize an alien base?

Do you have any proof or indications that the ancient Greek religion (mythology) was based on experiences with visiting extra-terrestials? If so then post them in order to support your reasoning.

Do you have any indications that aliens (if you have any tangible proof of their existence) use bases?

Mountains have often been perceived as the 'dwelling place of the Gods', in many different cultures, times and regions on Earth.

"There Gilgamesh dug a well before the setting sun. He went up the mountain and poured out fine metal on the ground and said "O'mountain, dwelling of the Gods, bring me a favorable dream"

-Epic of Gilgamesh, Sumer

Moses was 'called' up to Mount Sinai to 'be with God', who for some reason couldn't come down to the valley,

In Hinduism, certain of the high Gods were initially identified as mountains,

You scratch the surface, you find more.

All alien bases?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Mount Olympus may have some truth to the legend. Enoch 1 says that 200 angels decended onto Mt. Hermon, materialized in human form and then took human wives.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Pardon me but i think you are nowhere near havong lived the experience to negotiate such disscussions seriously.

Even when literate one would still need some hands on experience and be part of the culture under discussion to make something real out of the equation.

Its kinda like those things you need to touch yourself in order to get the feel of it which no one else can transfer over to you.

So excuse my opposition but to me this is a lot of rubish.

Mythology in Greece is so perplexed and interconected that nothing you say makes sense.

You may not (understandably) have the capasity to grasp it but mount Olympos IS Mount Olympos.

As for the UFO connection i will leave a little window open to the possibility of it. (If applicable alltogether.)

Pay some respect.
Peace
GTG

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The whole place, (is an enormous area) is filled with puzzling appearances of ghosts, orbs, enigmatic people, ancient temples, caves, tunnels, thrills, stories, from top to bottom since antiquity. Not to mention that was and is a favorable target of body snatchers. A lot of unaccounted and important antiquities that has been lost and found in museums. personal collections etc it is rumored that had come from this place. Take note that anomalous antiquity in ancient Greece doesn't exist in the terms we usually find in anomalous antiquity from other places like for ex. South America. The anomaly consists in the description and relevancy of lore surrounding the artifacts, places of worship, beliefs, strange lore that feels like it doesn't make sense. In this context the whole mythology and lore appears anomalous but presented in a humanized manner. Every bit of piece that feels logical is usually interconnected and attributes its origins in seemingly illogical beliefs, not in the same context as we should regard general ancient beliefs illogical, but it is presented in a structured way and with precision. Everything in it feels like it consists a huge enigma and if you ever wanted to make sense out of it you have to wait for the right key for deciphering them.

For example take the myth of Castor and Pollux. They are presented as twins yet from a different father one God one mortal and one same mother. One was immortal and the other one was mortal, when both brothers later shared half-immortality, having to remain partly in Olympus, partly in the normal world and partly in the underworld, taking the role of the guardian savior of human travelers facing hardships. The same myth is interconnected with other logical and illogical beliefs that were also adopted not only by Greeks but from Romans and all the way to the Celts. It is said they featured the Gemini constellation where the Pollux is the huge star we know (in mythology Pollux father was Zeus and thous he was born as immortal)

Olympus mountain pretty much feels the same and if you feel like you can give a "logical" explanation, you end up thinking that you would were better of in trying to find an exoplanet orbiting Pollux instead, for instance.

One time everything feels normal, one time lots of weird things happen, the next moment every perceived anomaly blinks out of existence, then at some random time it happens again.

take careful notice, it is the best video I found in youtube about the following:

www.youtube.com...

0:23/0:28

www.youtube.com...

Passages, caves, temples, churches, crypts, secret pathways and lots of lore regarding mysteries (unfortunately non english)

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy!

[edit on 12-9-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Since my shaman journey 9-ish years ago, where the old Indian fellow on the higher plane hooked me up to the racial/collective unconscious, I have been finding out a lot of things about the 'history' of this planet thru the memories of people alive at the time of various events (this includes any alien who died and got sucked into a human body; their memories are in our racial unconscious now too).

What I see about the Greek and Roman gods (and the Norse gods) is that they were the High Elves, entertaining themselves by goofing around with us humans until the rescue ships arrived from being stranded here when Atlantis went down.

So, no, it wouldn't be a 'UFO base', just a place where aliens hung around a lot.
The elder races, like the elves and fairies and such (and yes, they are aliens) traveled on the energy pathways (that is part of what the 'star gates' are about) and rarely if ever traveled in 'ships' since the time frames involved were horrendous. The pathways could get you from the elven home world to here in a week or so; and the ships... well, considering Atlantis went down around 250,000 years ago and the rescue ships finally got here at the turn from B.C to A.D, they took a waaaaaay long time.

And the energy pathways snapped when Atlantis sunk. Made one heck of a mess too! That was what broke the continents apart, and why you can't find Atlantis. It was right in the middle of where the separation of the continents occured, so some is on the American coast, some on the European coast, some down Africa and south America's way. Since I see the elves building mostly with raw energy forms, all that is really left are some foundations anyway; even harder to find.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonriderGal

What I see about the Greek and Roman gods (and the Norse gods) is that they were the High Elves, entertaining themselves by goofing around with us humans until the rescue ships arrived from being stranded here when Atlantis went down.

Are you telling me Valinor is real!?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I wouldnt be suprised based on other events in our past history...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Originally posted by DragonriderGal

Are you telling me Valinor is real!?

Sounds like the elven home world to me. And with the energy paths, it wasn't far at all. So, yah, if that is what it was, it is real.

top topics

join