It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has actually Read the Heathcare Bill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Who can honestly say they have read AND comprehended the Heathcare Bill:

docs.house.gov...

Just a say of hands, who read it? Did you understand it? Do you understand confusion on it? Are you still confused? How long did it take you? Was it worth the read... etc...

My point is this. Is it really worth reading a 1000+ page document for something you will never have a say in, or is it worth it? Any comments, questions, suggestions?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Read and comprehend are two different things. I have read but can't really say I comprehend 100%. A lot is very confusing. What is even more confusing is that there are many other healthcare bills being offered as well. Seeing that HR3200 isn't yet the final bill only creates more suspense on exactly what they are going to try to pass.

All I ask is that they put their differences aside and work on a compromised bill that benefits, although it may not please, everyone.

IMO, reading these bills is important because it gives one more insight into the process and at least an idea what is trying to be achieved.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I read through it. It took me a good 2 days to get through all of it. It was confusing as to the way it was writing. The senator who all stated that it would take a week and 4 lawyers was not kidding about such. If we can not understand the law as it is written, how can we accept it?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have read it, it took quite some time to get thru it, much of it I

understood, but I don't think they want most people to understand

what they are reading!! because they would NEVER except it!!...imo

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
We've talked about this before. I was amazed at the # of ATSers who read the bill. It gave me migraines but I got through it. Unfortunately

1. It does not reform health care. It gives more power to the FDA. The FDA officers & pharm officers over the last 40 years should be rico'd and tried for murder & conspiracy to commit. They just lost a case though where an herb company could claim their product DOES cure cancer. They proved it to the judge. The FDA & the FTC were MAD!!

2. It adds layers and panels to an already bloated medical system and does nothing to cut costs.

3. 4 months of diverting the pork out of congress would insure the uninsured. It does not have to be this mess.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I appreciate your thoughts, but really, would you think that lawmakers understand this document?

I read a article (no forgotten to where it is) and it talked about the petition to have Congressmen sign to read the main bill. Why would anyone vote on something that they have not read?

These people have their jobs for a reason.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

Star and Flag!!!

You make such a good point. I can understand people wanting health care reform but I can not understand anyone supporting these unreadable monstrosities presented as legislation. Anyone in doubt that legislation can be readable and concise need only to look to the Constitution. It is six pages!

Anyway thumbs up on a great thread!

new topics

top topics

join