It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BNP on prime time TV? Bring it on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Should the BNP be allowed on Question Time? Of course they should. And Newsnight, the Andrew Marr Show, BBC Breakfast, the Daily Politics, the Today programme, PM, The World Tonight, This Week, you name it. Hell, they should be given a run-out on This Morning with Phil and Holly, a slot on the One Show and a weekly outing on Have I Got News for You.

Giving these racists publicity is like handing them a length of rope.

All it would take is three months of full-frontal exposure and not even the denizens of Burnley would bother to vote for them. If you disbelieve me, take a look at their website. It is pure comic book stuff, so lacking in intellectual rigour, so riddled with inanity, so comically prejudiced, that it reads like parody, not policy. It kept me so amused yesterday that I forgot to watch the footie.

One characteristically pithy remark by Nick Griffin, their leader, caught the eye when he described me as “a tragic victim of multi-racism”. Well, not me personally, but those of my ilk: the progeny of “miscegenation” (i.e. mixed-race kids). “The divine or Darwinian pressures which created different races in the first place also very clearly created the innate human tendency to prefer ‘us’ to ‘them’ as the way in which such differences would be preserved,” Griffin wrote.

And later: “Nor even does it mean that we think that it is a good thing for even a single person of European stock to have so much as one child with a Japanese or Chinese. We do not, because such a union mixes what are not meant to be mixed, destroys two ancient family lines, and undermines two equally great but entirely separate cultures.” I laughed out loud reading this stuff, really I did. Guffawed at its preposterous ignorance of population genetics; giggled at its blurring of genetics and culture; tittered at its bizarre attempt to straddle creationism and Darwinism; s'n-word'ed at its dressing up of brute prejudice in the guise of pseudo-intellectualism. Some oppose the lowering of the voting age to 16 on the grounds that adolescents lack the intellectual maturity to make an informed choice between the parties — but any literate twelve-year-old could see through the transparent foolishness of the BNP.

I honestly cannot wait until this episode of question time is on. If they really show themselves up, I shall have to post a video of it here for everyone outside of Britain to see, and those who missed it! Remember the BNP leader Griffin, is the person who called the holocaust, the "holohoax". I doubt any of the right wing nutjobs in the US can show themselves up as much as this guy will!

[edit on 11-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Oh God..As Much as i hate the BNP i want them to see them on T.V so the people can see the kind of scum they elected..

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

As much as the BNP may be seen as scum by many, they are being over hyped as the boogeyman and at times it has been laughable if it wasn't so pitiful. Denying them air to breath has only given them space to claim victimisation.

I would like to see the BNP views aired and debated alongside the other parties as there has been enough glossing over the immigration and other issues that are bothering voters. I do see immigration as one of the main reasons voters turned to the BNP in protest at the current Lib-Lab-Con artists at Westminster, yet nothing is being done to woo those voters back... and I have to wonder why not?

Until those issues have been resolved people will continue to vote for the BNP, and those votes will grow, while we will end up stuck in this loop... and for me this cycle needs to be broken if the BNP are to be relegated back to the fringes.

But then again for the lib-lab-con artists at Westminster, who will be the next boogeyman to distract voters?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
While giving the BNP sufficient rope to hang themselves is great. We should remember that there are people who, regardless of the incredulity of the BNP argument, do think that way. Regardless of moral position (and logic) even neo-nazi's have a voice in a democracy.

top topics

join