It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin warns against Iran attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Putin warns against Iran attack

news.bbc.co.uk

President Barack Obama has given Tehran until the end of September to respond to his friendlier overtures or face new sanctions.

But the US and Israel have never ruled out the option of air strikes on Iran to stop it acquiring an atomic weapon.

In contrast to Washington's negative response on Iran's new proposal, Russia's foreign minister described them as a positive step forward and ruled out sanctions on Iran's oil sector.

Terror warning

Mr Putin, speaking in Moscow, said any attack on Iran would be "very dangerous, unacceptable and would lead to "an explosion of terrorism
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

Here We are in September. Russia, and China are both saying no new UN Security Council sanctions against Iran. We have the PM of Israel making secret trips to Russia more than likely to try brokering some kind of agreement with attacking Iran; hence Putin coming out with strong words in this article.

So, no new sanctions; Russia is warning the US, and Israel about attacking; the US, and Israel are still beating the war drums. Where does that leave us??? Remember Pearl Harbor, or any other false flag that has provoked a war, or good reason to start one?

In my opinion most People's feelings of something impending coming are correct. I think it is kinda like a group consciousness that can feel something horrible coming. Remember this, and think when any event happens who will gain.

Peace, and Vigilance,

Sancho

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

See this article regarding war with Iran is war with Russia
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Also this article shows no new sanctions permitted by Russia regarding Iran.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Thanks, Sancho. We are spending this weekend taking a little out of the hands of the banker elite and investing it into additional supplies. The sky just looked different today for some reason.

They are seriously ratcheting things up. Very chaotic, very hard to keep you eyes on their hands. Ramadan going on. Trouble brewin'.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the article, Sancho.
I would like to point out that I agree with Putin wholeheartedly.
DO NOT ATTACK IRAN. It will give an extra morale boost to the people our criminal government has already decided to attack without reason.

This would be nothing more than an attempt at making the war bigger. Thereby increasing the need to fund the warmachine!

We need to look at who profits from the war machine to figure out who is at fault here.
There is no NEED FOR THIS!

I just read my own words and nearly slapped myself.
Justice tells me that they NEED to attack Iran. Maybe the enemy of freedom NEEDS a morale boost!!!!!

[edit on 11-9-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Wow. All I have to say is "wow". Wow and one more thing. Is Dick Cheney still in office? because the UNITED STATES seems all hell-bent and evil as ever. Change my fanny.

plucky.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I just hope if nothing else, Ron Paul drilled home to America at large - and Israel- the concept of "blowback."

To me, it's just empty rhetoric and threats. As idiotic as politicians can be, you really have to wonder if they'd put us in a position to HAVE to use nuclear weapons. Because with the firestorm that will erupt in the Mideast in retaliation, I firmly believe NATO will find itself very quickly in an extremely dangerous situation. One that will be untenable conventionally. And that really only leaves one choice militarily now doesn't it?

What, tactical nukes above ground to destroy troops? Or strategic nukes? Fallout?

No way. Talk about biting off more than you can chew! Yeah, I know we can obliterate the place with nukes. The question is would we really? Because that's what it will take imo with the resulting situation if Iran incites Syria, Lebanon, and Lord knows who else- like Russia- into conventional retaliation.

Bottom line- it will ultimately FORCE the use of nukes- however small- to win. What say you Russia, China, UK, India, Pakistan, France?

[edit on Fri Sep 11th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Hey, Ks. I like the changing look of Your avatar....... Do You think it could mutate into an alien cow??? I think keeping the pole dancing cow, but turned a little alien would be way cool!!!

I am so happy Your getting some extra stuff. You will not go wrong by being prepared

reply to post by JayinAR

Hi, J. I think the more People speaking out about this the better. Russia is pumping out the DON'T GO TO WAR rhetoric now. The only reason for the increase is because of the opposite side increasing pressure of war...........Which would be the US, and Israel.

These are scary times in my opinion. We all need to remember who has been the aggressor, and who all have been the grown ups vying for peace..

Hopefully enough of us will stand up should another false flag event occur.

reply to post by pluckynoonez

I just got some kind of weird deja vu..... I read something today somewhere that mentioned exactly what You just wrote.............dammit. I cannot remember, but I almost made a thread about it.... Oh well. You are so very correct. It is a very sad time to say the least.

reply to post by TrueAmerican

You brought up some good points. Should the US/Israel go in, and blow up Iran's nuclear facility, or actually use nuclear devices there then We all are in for one heck of a ride.

Iran really does have one billy bad ass Biological/Chemical warfare department.

Why would Iran not use biological agents as a counter measure to nuclear attack??? Their lands will be ruined for decades; perhaps centuries, but to attack us with biological agents they could wipe all of us off the map..

I know that sounds incredible, but if I were attacked, and my land ruined, then should I have the resources to take my attackers land by killing them off I would.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

NBC.
Nuclear Biological Chemical.

None are feasible.
None will ever happen.

Not in large scale scenarios, anyhow.

If they do, just go ahead and kiss your ass goodbye.
Sure, we train for them and talk about them. But they are all wargames scenarios.

Nobody wins.
Governments aren't dumb enough to actually use them. They just threaten them.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think that Iran will be attacked but only after some castastrophic event occurs that can be blamed on the Iranians. What I see is Isreal and the US trying to provoke a situation that can then give reason to go in and wipe out their nuclear program. That's when WWIII could start.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Aren't the prevailing winds over Iran easterly, meaning detonating any nukes over that area would jeopardize western troops stationed in Afghanistan, which is due east of Iran? Not to mention waging a war in Iran would put the US in yet another theater of operation, this one by far the most difficult.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Putin warns against Iran attack probably has as much weight as McDonalds warns against Big Mac attack.

Whether he loves or hates Iran he has to posture to the world and for his biggest weapons customer.

But as Iran is also one of the biggest threats to Russian influence and security in the region, he'll lose no sleep if they are soundly put down.

Iran is pretty much isolated as allies go. Venezuela and North Korea are their pals. Syria, Hamas, Hebollah will sleep with them as long as they pay.

The last thing Russia wants now is an expensive war that will show how underwhelming they are militarily. And will gain them nothing. Iran's replacement regime can still be Russia's customer. They won't have to worry that the Mad Mullahs decide to take everyone down with them in the quest for the 12th Imam or whatever.

Ahmadinejad hasn't made one of his catchy pronouncements lately like "The Zionist Entity must be squashed like a bug." Guess he really doesn't want to see his neighbourhood reduced to a pile of rubble."

Putin could care less what happens to Iran.

Mike

[edit on 11-9-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

NBC's
I like that. See my problem is that I think govts. or the PTB know something about 2012, and possibly something icky will occur. Now should 2012 be a none event, then all of the NBC's will be a none event, but should there really be merit to that time frame then I think We might see mucho NBC's.

I personally give merit to this date because of the increase of natural Earth events already. No one can deny the amount of ever increasing "happenings".

reply to post by Muundoggie

That is exactly what I believe will happen. I feel it beyond a shady of a doubt. The reasoning for the Terror attack will be weak at best, but the PTB will use it as reason to attack Iran. Basically what You wrote is my reasoning for speaking out so more People wake up to the treachery of the Elite.

reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Your correct, and the Peoples of Europe, ME, Russia, China, etc will all be exposed to the radioactive Isotopes.

reply to post by mmiichael

Any way around it Your wrong. I attached two other ATS stories showing Russia is against an attack all the way around. An attack against Iran is an attack against Russia.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
They will start a war with Iran, so the people will take their mind off the failing govts and economy and worry and be distracted about something else.

That is the way they have operated throughout history.

they start killing people in name of wars, and make people look that way, instead of looking this way!

Something will happen, it has to - the U.S. govt. is about to be knocked to their knees, they are trying to hide the impending collapse of the country, so they either have to have a false flag event, or a new war start!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Israel is in a bind where Russia is concerned.

During the long Lebanese Civil war fraught with it's frustrating embarassment for America in regards to a number of American hostages taken by various Lebanese political factions and held for extended periods of years without release and on some occassions executed like Col. Higgins, the Russians only once had a Russian citizen taken hostage.

The next morning the leader of the faction that had kidnapped the Russian awoke to find his wife, mother, and children hacked to pieces and placed in see through garbage bags on his front door step.

The note attached suggested death for the ringleader would not be nearly as kind or swift.

The Russian was released within the day and no other Russian was ever touched in Lebanon for the remainder of the Civil War.

Russian scientists and civilians are stationed and working at Iran's nuclear sites. Any surgical strike by Israel to damage these facilities that results in the loss of Russian life could have severe repurcussions because of typical Russian attitudes regarding this type of thing.

No doubt that nutty yahoo that the Zionists have running the Israel Corporation went to Russia to see if there is a way around this problem.

Sadly for Israel about the only thing it has of any value is the world's second greatest propoganda machine (we have the best here in America...U.S.A. were number 1!) and nothing of any real interest to Russia that would make them overlook the violent murder of it's citizens by the warmongering and exceedingly paranoid Israel Corporation.

Of course this puts Israel in a bind with Hunekah just around the corner as to what to give each other for the first night. I suggest something romantic for the spouses and something fun for the kids!

Of course nothing turns some people on like the blood of innocent men, women and children, and well those Israeli school kids just love scrawling messages and smiley faces on 500 pound bombs donated to the Israel Corporation by the U.S. Salavation Army!

The holidays are such a stressful time trying to figure out the right gift to give and how to make other people pay for it!

Thank goodness I celebrate Yule instead!

[edit on 12/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I'm of the opinion the false flag will occur to prompt the war. I do believe the false flag will be coming from the Arctic Sea Debacle.... Many reasons why, but I do.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Of course nothing turns some people on like the blood of innocent men, women and children, and well those Israeli school kids just love scrawling messages and smiley faces on 500 pound bombs donated to the Israel Corporation by the U.S. Salavation Army!

Alright, I know You were serious, but I just spit my wine up through my nose....

What You wrote about the Russians taking things EXTREMELY serious is correct. Not so much personal, but serious, as in don't F with us!!! Thing many People fail to realize is like I posted in the OP; a war with Iran is a war with Russia.

Russia is not just Russia; as I am sure You are some what aware Proto it is the Eastern Orthodox Church. It is them versus the Catholic bunch running the Western World.

I think the Eastern Orthodox, and the many nations they encompass are an extremely SERIOUS group. They are more covert than Israel could ever dream to be. After all when talking about current events Everyone should realize We are talking about long term power struggles that have gone on for centuries.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Rome, whom I represent in my online persona, since well, Rome it self is so deceptive and shy is not fractured in it's unified goal to conquer the entire world and establish a one world government utilizing it's core plan of getting the divided peoples of the planet to fight an apocalyptic war over Israel and Jerusalem.

Rome specializes in divide and conquers warfare where a person’s individual and collective ethnological differences and prejudices and instilled fears compel them to fight and eliminate each other on Rome’s behalf.

It’s almost an autopilot function once the divisions are set in motion.

Rome as always offers war or peace and as always it matters not to Rome which you choose just that you render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s.

It is always a two sided coin Rome presents begging, inviting and insisting you choose one side or another.

Rome of course always provides two choices, East or West, left or right, fight or submit.

Rome always sets the stage for events using this basic, simple, deceptive yet highly effective strategy.

All roads lead to Rome and naturally it does not care which Road you take. Each part of the Empire has it’s own task that might seem to appear there are competitions or rivalries, but this is only for the purpose of setting the stage and inviting you to take a side because there are always sides presented to choose from.

This is what makes it interactive!

Deadly and effective too, it is simply a deception based on a carefully choreographed and scripted illusion by all major players and participants.

It is why that nutty yahoo travelled to Moscow because each major player must know not just their part, but their partners’ part in the production to properly stage an inviting and engaging as well as successful performance.

There are but one Rome and one Caesar though many roads and illusions that hide and protect both.

The preceding was not a paid for Advertisement of Rome or Caesar, parental discretion is advised, not all Roman productions are suitable for children 13 years or under, some graphic violence and nudity may be involved, this production is rated PG-13, and is intended for mature blood thirsty audiences who enjoy bread and circuses, parental supervision is required, this is not an offer of contract and management assumes no liability for content or injury or loss of life and limb during the performance, real discussion is highly discouraged during the performance and we kindly request all cell phones be turned off to enhance the viewing and participatory enjoyment of all attendees, please note the exit signs there are none, smoking is only allowed in designated smoking areas unless you have been set ablaze, other terms and limitations may apply, only one bauble head per ticket bearing adult on bauble head night, no exceptions or substitutions, no warranty is expressed or implied, management has the right to cancel or suspend the production at anytime, please put litter in all designated receptacles and park only in designated spaces. Complete terms and conditions are not available at this time, participants accept all liabilities. Thank you for fighting, please die soon. Thank you - management.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Meh. Search threads from one year back and you will find exactly the same kind of news, and people making predictions about the # hitting the fan. After being on ATS for a while, you know the pattern by now.

The only one I took seriously was when nuclear weapons had been stolen from the US air force base and Bush was in charge of the country. That was truly scary. I was expecting to wake up and see how "terrorists" had nuked Iran. Of course, the terrorists would be the United States.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It looks like the guys craving attention. There have been a lot of news putting him in the spotlight with things like him getting married to a Gymnast, him going fishing with no top, his love for ABBA, him parachuting off a plane to Iran etc. Well this one is just next in line!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Proty my friend,

I don’t know how to break this to you. Jerusalem really isn’t the centre of the Universe any more. Historically important maybe, but so are many other places. Babylon, Constantinople, Cairo, Paris, were all once the most important places in the civilized world.

The renewed interest in the Middle East happened in the 20th Century because most of the world’s oil and gas reserves happen to be there. Oil is the lifeblood of industrialized nations.

Since the FDR cut a deal for the US with Saudi Arabia, the die has been cast. Protection of the Saud family in exchange for resource price moderation. Though the big picture has expanded considerably with other countries in the region becoming major suppliers, the tacit arrangement of the US complying with what the Saudis consider most advantageous for themselves, has determined US foreign policy in the region for many decades.

After World War II Jews formed a country out of a strip of coastal land adjacent to the historical Jerusalem. Much conflict has arisen due to the resentment of the Arabs in the region. France, Britain, and eventually came to realize a tractable strategic ally in the reason was something to cultivate. Due to constant threats from their Arab neighbours Israel was forced to develop a strong militaristic and intelligence culture. They excelled at both.

Had the Jews been wiped out in the war with the Arab invading countries in 1948, 1967, or 1973, the big picture would not be radically different. Had the world decided to give a homeland to the millions of Mormons in the world in the same place, the big picture would not be different.

There is an economic symbiosis of relatively unsophisticated Middle Eastern oligarchies and advanced Western nations. It began before there was a state of Israel, continued uninterrupted for many years, and will do in the foreseeable future. The personalities will and predispositons change, but not the end game.

With the advanced culture that evolved in Israel, we get reports of their activities, internal criticism, and an inordinate focus of attention due to shared culture.

The Saudis on the other hand have nothing resembling an open press, and we rely on the little information they provide us, and second hand reports. The same for other countries in the region, to varying degrees.

That these Muslim countries, despite their collective enormous wealth, have remained stagnant in the development of effective industrialization, education, human rights and freedom, quality of life for their citizenry, is unfortunate. Other countries less advantaged in Asia and elsewhere have leapfrogged past them into the 21st Century. In relativistic terms they are moving backwards.

The existence of a small Jewish state in their midst that has in fact advanced remarkably in a few decades is demonstrably a source of vexation for the millions of Muslims in the region, who, for the most part have a standard of living not radically different from what it was centuries ago. Often worse. This contributes to antipathy and conflict. But far more damaging to their pride is the fact that Israel bet their massive effort to annihilate the one day old country. And again, and again. The Arab League has made it clear they don't give a damn about the people who started calling themselves the Palestinians in 1967. They can't be given citizenship, just weapons and funds to fight Israel. Like all non-elite males in the Muslim world, they are pawns to be exploited - even to the death.

The Jews in the neighbourhood can never be forgiven for beating them at everything that takes effort and skill, despite their small numbers and great disadvantages. Destruction of the Jewish state is their unifying force.

As seen by every controlling or colonizing empire, regional hostilities are impediment to resource exploitation and sometimes require radical military intervention.

But awareness of their relative standing in the shrinking world has had an effect on the expectations of the Middle East. With a new sense of confidence and role the Muslim world collectively is seeking to redress what it considers an imbalance in sharing the wealth they provide. We can only guess at the alliances and enmities they have among themselves.

But it is becomng apparent their internal conflicts are more in the nature of family rivalries rather than outright enmities. They now share a larger common cause and direction. Confrontation with the West with the ultimate goal of supremacy.

Their first step on this campaign may be an attempt to decimate the state of Israel. They may succeed, they may not.

Either way the antagonism, resentment and envy of the Westernized Christian will not dissipate if they succeed in their goal.

Some may like to believe the current state of affairs is a result of how Israeli leaders have played their cards in the past, or even the fact that they entered the game in the first place.

I think a more balance way to look at the very complex situation in the Middle East is to strip it to it’s basic components. They have the oil, we want it. They want us to pay more for it, we ant to pay less for it.

Ignoring the platitudes and rhetoric, all political activities related to the region revolve around that simple equation.

Mike

[edit on 12-9-2009 by mmiichael]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join