It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

0 - The Fool's Journey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Like all good things, the Fool's Journey begins at zero. Ignorant, innocent and with a long road ahead, the Fool steps forward. For any journey of x + 2000 miles, where x is any positive integer, it begins with a single step.

And so, I come to deny ignorance, refute junk science, debunk logical fallacies, and practice apostasy in all systems. Pointing out errors has to be my favorite hobby ever. Remain constantly vigilant and constantly critical.

I've been in martial arts practicing Hapkido for going on 8 years now; it's my life. I work as a consultant for a software training company where I am setting them up for live streaming and archived content delivery as well as a website. I frequent the youtubes of FFreethinker and TheAmazingAtheist. I currently subscribe the Skeptical Inquirer and, yes, still 2600 Quarterly from my high school days.

I have no political affiliation, no patriotism, and do not affirm any particular economic model. I take issues as they come rather than having a blanket policy for each thing. My most commonly said phrase in the company of others is: [citation needed]

Also I hate mayonnaise

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hey Trevlac,

Once you've been decontaminated, don't forget to pick up your foil pack and coupon booklet.

Welcome to ATS...

Enjoy your stay!

This is a partially manually semi-automated message.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Couuuuuuuuuupooooooons~!

Whoops, almost forgot my tin foil.

This is a somewhat auto-manually semi-complete message transmission from inner space and outer earth. Enjoy your towel.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I look forward to reading your contributions.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I look forward to your contributions as well.

I consider myself one on the fools journey. The longer you are on the road the less friends, the more rejection. Sometimes I wish I could go back, but once you know what you know, there is no turning back. It is very lonely as I suspect you well know.

Again welcome.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
Welcome to ATS. I look forward to your contributions as well.

I consider myself one on the fools journey. The longer you are on the road the less friends, the more rejection. Sometimes I wish I could go back, but once you know what you know, there is no turning back. It is very lonely as I suspect you well know.

Again welcome.

I think the only road lonelier is that of a gay transgendered dwarf with Alzheimer's disease, cancer, two left feet and a habit of watching Will and Grace.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Trevlac

I think the only road lonelier is that of a gay transgendered dwarf with Alzheimer's disease, cancer, two left feet and a habit of watching Will and Grace.

Ha! You may be right on this one.

I will watch for other things I agree with you on.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trevlac

....and a terrible complexion. Welcome aboard.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I, too, have been traveling a fool's journey but have had few lonely moments.

There are many on the same journey. Yes, we can never go back but do we want to? I think not.

Have fun, enjoy your time here and know you will never have to feel alone again.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Two other Journeymen? Dis must be my rucky day!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trevlac

Yes, an no, it is my lucky day. I have found two friends who understand this long, lonely road.

new topics

top topics

join