It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Strange Medical Syndromes Youve never heard of

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618

10 - Exploding Head Syndrome

bloody hell - i might be affected by this

seriously - i occassionally ` hear ` what i can only describe as shattering glass - literally - i ` hear ` a brick being hurled through a large window pane

it never occurs when i am alert or active - but only in the deep relaxation phase - before sleep [ i am deffo awake ] or whyle zonked out on the sofa

its bloody annoying - as i feel complelled to get up and check things - my dog helped as he always sat by my bed - and never seemed to sleep [ or at least always retired / awoke - while i was still sleeping ] - so i could ` safley ` ignore stuff he didnt react to

thought he often jumped up to look at me - womdering why i flinched and sat up - lol

at least i know i am not mad now

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have actually had symptoms of #7, #10. These came with many OBE's. They all happened when my wife and I were given a bed that someone had died on (We didn't know).

It's been 3-4 years since we gave the bed back to my grandmother, and I haven't had any signs of the Sexomnia, but I occasionally will still have OBE's and hear a BANG when drifting to sleep, but these happen rarely.

I rather enjoyed sexomnia, lucky for me so did my wife, but I was never in control of what I said, which could have got me in trouble, I remember telling her she was a beautiful green mermaid during an episode! Ha ha!!

Don't know if it was the bed, because I started working nights about he same time. Hmmmm

S/F

[edit on (9/12/09) by gnosis111]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well, I have heard of most of those, but I once heard about something that struck me as very bizarre. I looked for a link but couldn't find 1 so maybe this is bollocks, but several people told me about a friend of theirs who had an eye condition.
You know we have microscopic creatures living on & around our eyes? Well, apparently this man lost his; they died off for some reason. He ended up with seriously crusty eyes that inflamed them so badly he could hardly see. It took ages to diagnose the problem & in the end his doctors had to harvest a bunch of the creatures from his mum to re-innoculate him with them!
Perhaps someone here can confirm or debunk this?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is pretty interesting. I remember a story in the MSM about a lady who hit her head, knocked herself out and when she regained consciousness she had developed a strong Jamaican accent!

I will also admit to being somewhat of a sexsomniac. Strangely enough this increases when I'm in a sexually active relationship and thankfully manages to stay dormant when I'm sleeping in places where it would be unaceptable. I could tell you some pretty funny stories. On a morning my girlfriend often says "Do you realise what you were trying to do to me last night?" Sometimes I can vaguely remember. It doesn't seem to be linked to dreams either.

Edit: Also, when I used to party on a weekend I would often be fallling to sleep on the sunday night and I'd be woken up by a really loud 'zinging' noise inside my head. I spoke to a doctor and he said it was due to tiredness and a lack of oxygen in my brain. It has happened since, usually after a day spent in the hot sun fishing for 12 hours, it's definitely something to do with fatigue.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by and14263]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I must have exploding head syndrome. The explosion always seems to happen when I'm dozing and not fully asleep. I read allot and or am the computer allot and that's when I doze off and boom! It seems to happen 3 to 4 times a month. It's interesting that this is a medical fact. I'm 59 and have had this most of my life. It is intense and really gives me a start when it happens.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join