It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alethea says Hello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hello everyone.

I have a few questions and would appreciate all who take the time to answer.

Is there a post or topic limitation per 24 hr. period?

How long do you have to edit your post afterward?

I made my first topic post and it quickly sank to the bottom without any replies.

Do most readers just focus on the stories in big print? Or could it be that many readers just have their favorite posters?

Any advice you all could give me as far as how to elicit response on my threads would be appreciated. Should the topic title be in the form of a question?

When you were new, how long did it take for you to start getting responses to your topics?

Is there a way to know if anyone even reads them?

Thanks,
Alethea

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Originally posted by Alethea

Hello everyone.

Hey, welcome to ATS.

Is there a post or topic limitation per 24 hr. period?

No, but I think you can not create a thread until you have 20 or 25 posts.

How long do you have to edit your post afterward?

I think it is four hours for a post and 12 for your own thread.

I made my first topic post and it quickly sank to the bottom without any replies.

That happens often on ATS, there are many topics posted here every day.

Do most readers just focus on the stories in big print? Or could it be that many readers just have their favorite posters?

Readers just focus on what interests them, sometimes a thread gets missed though, as there are many every hour that come out.

Any advice you all could give me as far as how to elicit response on my threads would be appreciated. Should the topic title be in the form of a question?

Well for starters be sure you are making the thread for the right purpose, and not just to get points or replies. Other than that, usually the better presented, researched, and relevant (to whatever forum) get the majority of attention. But breaking news-type threads get attention too, again if it is interesting or important.

When you were new, how long did it take for you to start getting responses to your topics?

Me personally, not very long at all. Although no one replied to my first one...lol. Everyone is different though.

Is there a way to know if anyone even reads them?

No, not any more.

Hope I helped, maybe a mod will chime in to answer some of the questions I was not sure about. Hope you enjoy ATS as much as many of us do!

PS: Don't be intimidated by ATS or some posters, it really is all good.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Under my old screen name of MsSmartypants I had a number of my threads go to number one in their respective catagories and the secret to this is ..... An Eyecatching "Sensationalist" Title for Your Thread!
It never hurts to put something like...
"Watch This Video Now!"

ATSers just eat that stuff up.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Yea but that is abused sometimes, like someone will make some title like "VIDEO PROOF-MUST WATCH!!!".......Which is always misleading, in fact even saying "Watch This Video Now!!" seems a little inflated in my opinion. Not saying there is something wrong with making an attractive title, but in my opinion, the trick is not to be misleading or over inflating of a title. Maybe it is just me but I just do not think it is proper "posting etiquette".

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yeah well it's no fun to have a really interesting topic but no body posts on it because the title didn't catch anybodies eye. Don't forget, your topic is competeing for time with a whole lot of other topics. If it doesn't get popular fast it falls right off the bottom of the newest threads list.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hello Alethea yeah people will read through your threads even if they dont stay on the main page. hope you have sense of humor. see you around.

good example of an owl getting the sheeple to follow.

another owl playing mind tricks

Here is a recent post that is currently not on the main page you might find interesting..
Newly Unclassified Documents 09, 09 ; Operation Garden Plot

[edit on 13-9-2009 by overide]

[edit on 13-9-2009 by overide]

top topics

join