It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New amateur footage of 9/11 emerges (Not New)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am unable to see this video becuase of work restrictions. Can anybody tell me if this is a new video?

Rarely seen amateur footage of the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Centre in New York has been released on as part of the launch of a new website, that aims to bring together images and stories from the day.

The rarely seen views of the attacks, one of the most recorded events of all time, are among hundreds of hours of amateur videos, images and stories gathered by the foundation building the National September 11 Memorial & Museum.

The foundation's website has photographs, video and audio recollections by professional photographers, fleeing trade centre workers and witnesses who recorded what they saw with cellphone and digital cameras.

Each photo is juxtaposed against current Google "Street View" photos of various locations.

Users can click on locations, themes or time of day to view the footage or images.

The graphic images of hijacked jetliners crashing into the towers are among the accounts that will become an exhibit in the 9/11 museum when it opens in three years.

One victim's family member said the images wouldn't keep him away, saying the story of September 11 must be as realistic and complete as possible.

The foundation has acquired 500 hours of video archives assembled by Camera Planet, a private team of filmmakers who collected professional and amateur videos from the day and its aftermath.

They include a five-minute video shot in the streets of lower Manhattan around the site on the evening of the attacks, with office stairwells filled with reams of paper and half-open offices with family pictures still inside.

A dust-covered Brooks Brothers logo is in one frame under shattered windows. What appears to be an airliner seat is strewn in the street.

"Got that?" one videographer asks on the video showing the explosion of the second tower when it's hit by the jetliner.

"What kind of crazy person would .... kill themselves?" another asks as the camera points at the two towers

[edit on 11-9-2009 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
No, it's not new.

Adding a P.S. The impact footage is not new. Some of the post collapse footage (when they're walking around the debris field and all) I've not seen before.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Nothing new, I saw this video the week of 9/11. I call it the "Holy S$^$" video because the guy says it over and over.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Holy Cow! You can see something flickering over the surface of the wall of the doomed building, it moves from left to right and the 747 hits the building directly under this weird flickering white/laser (targeting beam?)

Wow! Crazy!

top topics

join