It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: A time of mourning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
On 9/11/2001, I was watching T.V., watching the smoke from the first plane that hit one of the twin towers, and saw the second plane hit live.

At first, I believed the official story; I knew that the U.S. had angered many muslims in the past, and I thought that it was possible they would want to do something like this to the U.S.

As time went by, however, I came to the conclusion that whether or not some muslims would have -wanted- to do something like this, their capability of doing it was sorely lacking. First off, there's the fact that NORAD's typical response would have had to have been severely hampered on 9/11 simply for the planes to even get to most of their targets. We now know that, in fact, it was, from things such as the war games, the inability for the U.S. defenses to act against hijacked planes without the approval of certain high level officials who were 'unavailable' during the crucial time and someone sending the fighter pilots that were supposed to defend the pentagon area the other way to the atlantic (does anyone know who that 'someone' -was-?).

Then there's also the fact that some basic laws of physics would have had to have been broken in order for the official story to hold true, such as the plane that allegedly struck the pentagon having to have made an impossible dive in order to actually hit it, to the fact that the Twin Towers and WTC 7 simply couldn't have completely collapsed without demolition charges.

At this point, I'll step back and acknowledge the fact that there are many who believe that many of the things I've stated as fact above aren't so. The controversy over what is fact and what isn't on 9/11, as well as whether there should be a new investigation where most of the investigators feel that they actually did a good job is something that has raged for 8 years as of today, and I really don't think that it'll end anytime soon.

Now I've argued the various points I've mentioned above for more than a year now, and I don't think that I'll stop doing this. But today, atleast, I wanted to take a small break and just remember what happened on that day.

I would also like to thank everyone in this forum whose true goal is to get at the truth, regardless of what side you stand on. I personally believe that the truth is something that comes to people not by trying to beat it into those who can't (allegedly) see it, or shunning those who can't see it as fast as some would like, but rather by patiently trying to understand why we don't always see things as others do.

Recently, perhaps in part due to its controversy even -within- the truth movement, I've spent some time going over the evidence concerning what happened at the pentagon. I mention this only because of the introduction to one of the videos from Pilots for 9/11 Truth, which I think is one of the 2 groups that has done the most research on the subject (the other being CIT). And I'm not saying this from the perspective of one that doesn't have disagreements with them; I do. Just not with the technical aspects of their research, but rather with their methods of dealing with those who they disagree with. In their defense, I know that both groups have had to deal with their fair share of unfair accusations. Anyway, here's the video clip that most came to mind today when thinking of the September 11 that has affected so many people:

9/11 Pandora's Black Box: Chapter 2 Part 1

If you'd like to skip to the part I most had in mind, it starts at 2:05, and it ends at 5:03. Most of this part contains no words at all, and I end it close to where the controversy begins.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by scott3x]

join