It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN no longer working with Census Bureau

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Well there you go guys! Didn't see any other threads on this. Please move this if it's in the wrong place please!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
All I can say is ITS ABOUT TIME>
These people are scum.
I cant say it enough.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It is a small win but a win none the less in my book haha. I'm just glad to see that something is actually being done instead of just being sat on.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Call, write, or email your congressmen and demand an investigation into this corrupt organization and all it's offshoots.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

That's a gigantic win, as far as I'm concerned. The last thing I want is for this organization to have anything to do with the census, given the implications for determining Congressional representation.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The story is at Fox News, AP, politico but not a word about it on MSNBC?
Gee. i wonder why????

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Are they still involved with the gov. in any way. I thought Obama appointed them for something else.

Am I confused?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Anyone have a list of the many organizations that are suppoedly under the ACORN umbrella?

Are any of those organizations also partners with the US Census Bureau?

If so.. they need to be found out quickly, because I have an eerie feeling this severing of ties to the head (ACORN) might be to quiet down the outrage, and thus allow the rest of the groups to continue with their work..

Call me suspicious, but I am not celebrating just yet..

Eyes open!!!!

Keep digging..

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Capital Research List of ACORN Affiliates

PDF WARNING

Not sure how current this list is, just came across it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think this is a very good idea. Although perhaps I don't see ACORN as quite the giant conspiracy as some people here, it's clear that they've just had too many scandals now, with more coming out all the time.

Collecting personal information on the population, if that is needed, needs to be done much more carefully than just subcontracting it out to the nearest group of busybodies, especially when it's clear they have agendas.

If you have to collect this census data, it needs to be done with decent accountability. When you outsource it like this, it provides too easy a scapegoat so that the government itself doesn't get the blame if anything goes bad.

The time really has come for ACORN to just go away, they don't seem to be able to do much anything right, and they don't seem to just make little mistakes, it seems to be horrendous blunders that gets half the country angry.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Although very little news makes me feel positive, this does.......Maybe this is the beginning of the unraveling of the BO/Chicago/Rahm regime.......Every bit of proof about those who BO is allied with helps.......

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Woah!!! This could take some time....

Employees File Complaints Against ACORN

ACORN has almost 400 known affiliates and quite possibly more that have not been uncovered yet. Due to the numerous entities ACORN controls, charting their violations and uncovering information has not been an easy task. However, Judicial Watch has uncovered several sets of documents on ACORN from the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) when we requested records on ACORN violations. Below are excerpts from these files. These complaints are almost certainly not isolated instances, and we are currently trying to obtain more records on ACORN from the NLRB. The NLRB only keeps records and case files for 6 - 10 years, and unless the case is of particular interest, none of the documents are kept at NLRB headquarters. To obtain these documents, Judicial Watch submitted Freedom if Information Act requests to numerous field offices after being told by NLRB Headquarters that ACORN compalints had been filed at those offices. In some instances, the case files we requested had already been destroyed.

400 known affiliates with more unknown? This isn't an umbrella this is a spider web....

Stil trying to find somewhere that lists the 400 known affiliates...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

The GOP report on ACORN from a few months back lists 361 of them. The list starts on page 74.

Link

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
ACORN has to be one of the most poorly run orginizations ever devised by humans or one of the most criminal or very possibly both.

In case after case of wrong doing both ACORN and the press chalk it up to 'bad' employees, that were just looking to pad paychecks and let go as a result, and that nothing they did that was bad subsequently really altered anything in a bad way.

In fact this has happened in enough cases to give one pause to wonder as to whether 'bad employee' means bad at doing bad things and got caught, or bad for doing bad things.

I have a general feeling where ACORN is concerned it is the former and not the latter.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
ACORN.......

another symbol of the Druids.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here's the list of

National Organizations That Have Signed Partnership Agreement Forms
from the census.gov site..

Link

This is the google view of the doc, I couldn't get the pdf to my screen, it might be me..

I thought there were over 10-20 K partners? have to recheck that...

ed:clarity

[edit on 9/11/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yes, Yes, Yes.....about damn time.These morons actually thought they could get away with this crap.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Those 2 undercover journalists are our Bob Woodward and Carl
Bernstein!
Acorn is Obamas Watergate.

I hope we see a 3rd tape. - New York maybe -

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I wonder if Obama will take back his "judge me by those I surround myself with" comment. Everywhere you turn it seems his affiliations are getting a bad rep. I too hope that there will be more undercover videos.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Anyone have a list of the many organizations that are suppoedly under the ACORN umbrella?

Are any of those organizations also partners with the US Census Bureau?

If so.. they need to be found out quickly, because I have an eerie feeling this severing of ties to the head (ACORN) might be to quiet down the outrage, and thus allow the rest of the groups to continue with their work..

Call me suspicious, but I am not celebrating just yet..

Eyes open!!!!

Keep digging..

JacKat, think bigger picture, not smaller. They get federal funding from many different directions from 100's of Govt. programs. They will still get 6.8 billion in Stimulus money if they are not shut down.

The bigger picture that is happening is that Glenn Beck is going after and tearing down the Apollo Alliance. First Van Jones, now this, and some more Czars to come this week with pressure.
Here is a thread on it from a few weeks back when it started. Not too many got it then, but now it's starting to add up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join