It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Sacrifice Your Loved Ones, If They Might Get You Killed, Or Would Be Used Against You?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I have found a far superior method is not to die for my brother, but to kill the SOB's that are trying to make my brother die.

Any soldier or man worth his salt will ever drop or shift his shield to protect his fellow, even if it means exposing himself somewhat.

Better yet is to LEAN into cover his brother while still providing a bit for himself.

And if you don't do everything possible to train your family and friends, including your children the skills to defend themselves, even in extreme conditions and circumstances, then as a parent and friend, you aren't either.

I'll catch flak for this, but to me, one of the greatest things a mother or father can do for their children is be sure that their children receive the ability to shoot, shoot responsibly, shoot straight, and know when to shoot.

In a troubled world, to do less is irresponsible, and you do your children an injustice and place them at a distinct disadvantage if you don't.

In every American war, including those conflicts going on now, it's one sorry-assed parent that leaves the learning to shoot up to the military.

In combat, it was easy to spot those who had handled guns all their lives, and were skilled with them. Easy to spot. They were the ones able to react, rather than having to think about what they were doing and then try to react.

A lot of dead young men because their parents didn't prepare them for what in fact, eventually came.

You don't have to like guns, but you damn well better make sure your children not only know how to use them, but are very familiar and skilled with them.

For no one - even you - knows the future, or what situation your offspring may fall victim to.

At least give them a fighting chance.

That's being responsible.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by dooper]

[edit on 12-9-2009 by dooper]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

While I did not express my view that way...I agree with you 100%.

I would certainly "fight" for my loved ones...but making an ultimatum I could not.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I was very emphatically brief on my original reply.
You took the words from right out of my mouth.

I would bite it to protect my family.

Any "Man" worth his salt, is going to teach their family what to do and how to spot danger before it comes your way.
Granted, there will always be the situation that takes one by surprise, but therein lies the solution.
If you can react, without hesitation, and so can your family, you may just get the jump on those trying to jump you.

Training and preparedness are always paramount.
This is something we have forgotten in our McDonalds generation.

(The more detailed answer to the OP is, I would not sacrifice any of my family for any reason. Those looking to get the jump on me and mine, had better know what they are doing. That's all I'm gonna say about that.)

[edit on 9/14/2009 by reticledc]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join