It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President's Press Secretary slips saying, President to speak about 9/11 sacrifice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I found this on whatreallyhappend.com. I guess the PTB are attempting to white wash this, but I am not really sure. Point is the Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said the President would speak about the SACRIFICE of the Americans on 9/11.... I thought a sacrifice is for something intentional???? I thought what happened on 9/11 would be victims of a tragedy????

What say You???

Peace,

Sancho

link to source

The link didn't work properly:

Remembrance services are to be held in the United States to mark the eighth anniversary of the hijacked plane attacks of 11 September 2001. Nearly 3,000 people died when the four planes crashed in New York, at the Pentagon and in a Pennsylvania field. President Barack Obama will speak at the Pentagon site and Americans have been encouraged to contribute to a national day of service. US soldiers in Afghanistan completed a 9.11km (5.5 mile) run to mark the day. 'Sacrifices of thousands' Traditional ceremonies including moments of silence and the reading of the names of the victims will take place at the sites of the attacks. President Obama will join defence secretary Robert Gates at the Pentagon, where 184 people died, to meet members of victims' families and lay a wreath. I greatly fear at some point we'll transition to turning it into Earth Day... and the remembrance part will become smaller Debra Burlingame, sister of victim The dark day White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said the president would "speak about what the day means and the sacrifices of thousands, not just at the Pentagon, but in Pennsylvania and certainly and most obviously in New York".

[edit on 11-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I caught that too...

It could be a slip or it could be an attempt to stick to the patriotical mindsets mined from the event.

???

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Almost every 9/11 annivarsary, the PTB people mention that word in reference to the lives lost on 9/11.

SACRIFICE - it's like a code for their bretheren.

But even Jesus has a choice and could have run away.

These people had no choice in the matter. I think it's horrible to refer to them in that way.

Sacrificed for WHAT precisely Mr. President?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I agree with what You say. Somehow People seem to not comprehend what the elite government are saying, and doing. A sacrifice is an amazing word to be used in relating to the folks who died as victims on 9/11

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sacrifice definition

sac·ri·fice (sak′rə fīs′)

noun

A. the act of offering the life of a person or animal, or some object, in propitiation of or homage to a deity
B. something so offered
A. the act of giving up, destroying, permitting injury to, or forgoing something valued for the sake of something having a more pressing claim
B. a thing so given up, etc.

A. a selling or giving up of something at less than its supposed value
B. the loss incurred

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventh
Sacrifice definition

sac·ri·fice (sak′rə fīs′)

noun

A. the act of offering the life of a person or animal, or some object, in propitiation of or homage to a deity
B. something so offered
A. the act of giving up, destroying, permitting injury to, or forgoing something valued for the sake of something having a more pressing claim
B. a thing so given up, etc.

A. a selling or giving up of something at less than its supposed value
B. the loss incurred

I actually think 1. A. fits just as well

IMO

top topics

join