It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fun Of Astral Projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Ok i want to start this off by saying this is not a post about the new age belief that we have a spirit and it can leave our bodies at will. This is more a post about dream states and science.

I started looking into astral projection because i had heard so much about it that i thought not everyone could be making it up and must actually be experiencing something. I know quite a lot about dream states and i started to think that the astral experiences mentioned by so many is very similar to an experience that the great physicist Richard Feynman wrote about in his book "Surely you're Joking Mr.Feynman".

He writes about something he did when he was younger, as he was going to sleep he would become more and more aware of the process of falling to sleep. Eventually he was able to control his dreams, do anything in them. This is known as lucid dreaming, it is not a supernatural phenomenon and i believe it is the same thing as astral projection. The only difference is what you are imagining. With astral projection you imagine you have left your body, with lucid dreaming you often dream of the real world, or an altered real world.

I have experimented with lucid dreaming and astral projection techniques, both lead to similar experiences. My body feels heavy, then i can't really feel it and finally it starts to sort of vibrate. Not physically shaking but just the sensation of it vibrating. However i found that if i start lucid dreaming i can change that dream, very slowly into an astral projection dream. So i truly believe they are the same thing.

Why am i posting this? Well i am posting it because of how fun lucid dreaming/astral projection is! Want to swim underwater? Fly? See a beautiful forest? Then LD/AP is for you.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Ok i want to start this off by saying this is not a post about the new age belief that we have a spirit and it can leave our bodies at will. This is more a post about dream states and science.

How is the spirit classified as "New Age"... I'm quite certain knowledge of the spirit reaches far into history.

But, back on the subject... I lately have been interested in learning about how to both astral project and lucid dream.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritintheShadows

By new age i meant the astral projection part of the spirit leaving the body at will. Not the spirit itself being new age

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
OK I haven't read much about how to induce AP but I know what it is.

So you're saying, that maybe people who think they're APing are actually lucid dreaming and thus they can get the effect that they're APing and they truely believe it is so because they have a form of control ?

I mean how could someone who A-projects for the very first time even know what it's going to be like (beside from reading other peoples 'experiences')?
Could it be that since they have some sort of expectation of what's going to happen that when they think it's starting to happen their brain loads all the recounts they've heard and then they take over and do it via lucid dreaming?

Or is the process definatley undeniably true and soo very different from a lucid dream (AKA you can project somewhere and see an event that is actually happening so you cannot be in a dream) Any real APers out there that have also lucid dreamed that can tell us more ?

top topics

join