It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Fed Gov trying to pass gun law under the radar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
MODS: Can you correct the Thomas link for me and U2U my error to me? Thank you.

The US Federal Government is trying to pull a fast one on every gun owner in the United States.

They want you to register every firearm you own on your tax return and possibly pay an annual tax on each one.

If you fail to comply, you would be a criminal. Not sure who would come after you; the FBI, ATF, or IRS.

See my avatar to the left and my signature below. If you watched the TV show "Jericho," you understand the avatar.

Once they know who owns the guns, they will know who to come for when the poop hits the blade.

The bill; have fun.
www.thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.45:

Below is a personal email I received. It has been edited to make it comply with ATS standards.

Subject: FW: Fw: Guns you own to be itemized on your 2009 tax return

---Isn't this a crock? PLEASE everyone let's get this stopped.

Pass on to everyone you know that does have a gun and CALL YOUR representatives or send an e-mail or just yell!!

Please read below and take action with your representatives. Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

This bill was introduced on Feb. 24. This bill will become public knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law. This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all.

The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage, www.senate.gov... You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099.

You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.

www.opencongress.org...

Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply. It has started. Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information. Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless: It is registered
-You are fingerprinted
-You supply a current Driver's License
-You supply your Social Security #
-You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing -Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25

Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison. If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this.

Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along. This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it. This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not. www.thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.45:

www.opencongress.org...

www.govtrack.us...

Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA , whether you support the Right to Bear Arms or are for gun control. We all should have the right to choose.

This is it. Let your politicians know that the ruse is up. They vote this in, you vote them out.

Naturally, criminals will not be registering their guns. Only the good guys.

Locks on door knobs only stop good people. The bad guys still come in.

Know what I mean?

[edit on 9/11/2009 by Genfinity]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
COme and get it you SOBS. I am not paying and I will die first.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

S&F

Well maybe I can get ACORN to help me cheat on my tax return next year.

-damn nazi country. . . -

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ahhh what ATS has turned into...

Deny Ignorance much everyone? Let's take this is a 'teachable moment' and remember to vet what we read on the internet (especially when getting chain letters) before we help spread unsubstantiated, righ-wing propaganda, shall we?

www.snopes.com...

By the way, did you hear that Mars is going to be bigger than...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
COme and get it you SOBS. I am not paying and I will die first.

Believe me, that can be arranged.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

I know it can the FEDS do not scare me. THEY TRAINED ME. -) Tis why I am not scared, And I still have buddies in the miltary and FBI. Bring it on.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Ahhh what ATS has turned into...

Deny Ignorance much everyone? Let's take this is a 'teachable moment' and remember to vet what we read on the internet (especially when getting chain letters) before we help spread unsubstantiated, righ-wing propaganda, shall we?

www.snopes.com...

By the way, did you hear that Mars is going to be bigger than...

Maybe just maybe you may want to practice what you preach....
www.govtrack.us...

WOW IT IS AN ACUTAL BILL... and maybe you shouldnt rely on SNOPES.

Google is your friend

Why I do not belive in what the OP has wrote or chain emails with out lookin in to them H.R 45 is the real deal.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Let me spell it out for you people since no one seems to want to check this out. It's a HOAX. Propaganda. Based on a bill that died in 2000. It's a chain email that has been thoroughly and completely debunked. Hence the link in my (obviously overlooked) post above. Sheesh.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H.R. 45 is the links DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

And I have. I got the same email two months ago. Checked it with two attorneys (one in my state government) and a close attorney friend who is also a Federal Firearms licensed dealer.

Google isn't always your friend.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I GOT it off the congress web link. yes the Senate version is a hoax based off 200, but good god the House version is not.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
More on H.R. 45.

Here's the deal on HR 45.. I worried about this bill at the time. About 8 months ago when it was first introduced. However if you look at the status of the bill, it's been sitting in subcomittee since early Feb. of this year. I doubt it will ever be present to congress again, as they apparently want nothing to deal with this bill.

In addition it also has no co-sponsors.

I wouldn't worry much of this bill in it's current status.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

You are right it is sitting in Congress doing nothing. and I think Rangel introduced it. However, it may have taken a back burner to Health Care and TARP, and the economy.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It is an actual bill.

It is not going to get passed, it's languishing in committee like any number of stupid bills that will never get passed.

Did you even read the Snopes article?

[edit on 9/11/09 by xmotex]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Let me spell it out for you people since no one seems to want to check this out. It's a HOAX. Propaganda. Based on a bill that died in 2000. It's a chain email that has been thoroughly and completely debunked. Hence the link in my (obviously overlooked) post above. Sheesh.

Yes, what he/she said, its old news and not happening in this form anyways. If you are worried about such thing s(which we should be) become a member of NRA and Gun Owners of America. They will keep you informed of ANYTHING smelling of gun control via email.

We all need to be very worried about the appointment of Cass Sunstein to regulatory czar position. He is a very scary man for gun loving, meat eating, red blooded Americans. Actually all HUMANS should be afraid of this A$$clown as he wants to give animals rights to sue humans in a court of law, and no THAT is not a hoax.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, I am sick and medicated at the moment so I guess I let one slip by.

A good piece of information but not the way I presented it.

I appreciate the debate/clarification.

(Not dying; just don't feel well)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I know this is over-the-top obvious, but here is a less then unique concept.
thomas.loc.gov...

I am amazed that folks 'here' would look anywhere other then the source, for bills of concern.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Bobby Rush of Illinois introduced it.

There was a republican who wrote a letter regarding this bill which pretty much condemned it. Can't find the letter anymore, but its sitting somewhere in the library of congress website.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

And I have. I got the same email two months ago. Checked it with two attorneys (one in my state government) and a close attorney friend who is also a Federal Firearms licensed dealer.

Google isn't always your friend.

Yes Google is. I bet they now charge $50.00 for such registration as well. I love how it says they can come check out if your gun is stored correctly. Yeah come and see!!!

www.snopes.com...

Just so everyone is well aware.

Gun History

After reading the following historical facts, read the part
about Switzerland twice.

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.. From 1929 to 1953,
about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded
up and exterminated.
----------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1..5 million
Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and