It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: A lone voice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I like to think that some day there will actually be an honest investigation into the events of 9/11/01. Regardless of what that investigation finds.

Other times I seriously doubt that will happen.

My hometown of Fayetteville Arkansas is by no means a large city. Still, we are a college town so a protest should be loud and noisy with people getting arrested and cops in riot gear.

Here is a picture of our protest today:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5c4b8a4229c.jpg[/atsimg]

One lone man standing on the corner, the Reverend Tom Brown. Some people were honking and cheering him, others were hurling insults, but I seemed to be the only one that stopped to talk.

The man was well versed in conspiracy theories, a little too well versed. Each time I tried to get a word in edgewise he was off onto another topic. He literally took me from Mena to Mexico then back to Dallas and down to Louisiana and from 1962 back to the present in a matter of minutes.

I cheered him on and thanked him for doing what he can for the truth.

As I drove away I wondered why I wasn't out there with him. Why no one else was out there with him.

I still ponder this now.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Maybe because, you know deep down inside that the US Goverment is to Inept to launch an attack like this and then nobody brags about it or even gets loose-lipped.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
They guy is obviously homeless. Did you give him a sandwich or money for a shave and a hot meal????

Yep, this guy knows the truth about 911. What a freakin joke.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Well, I praise the man for his conviction, but I disagree with the name that is on the board.

It should be Dick Cheney, and George W Bush was the patsy caught in the middle (and I hate Bush).

Hope the man is well and in good health.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
i don't quite know where to post this so I'll just do it here. The one thing I took away with from the events of 9/11 was the compassion of the American people. People acted selflessly on that day. And in the days and weeks that followed people just seemed nicer to one another. i think a lot of us realized what a precious gift life is and we acted accordingly. After this post i am going to shut off my computer and pick my kids up from school. I'm going to hug them and kiss them and tell them how much I love them. And I'm going to make aconcerted effort to be nice to the people I meet. I don't know why this anniversary is affecting me. I just think theres been too much gllom and doom lately. i know someone will probably label me some pacifist/liberal/do-gooder etc. But thats okay.Just tell the people in your life you love them. Today of all days.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso
They guy is obviously homeless. Did you give him a sandwich or money for a shave and a hot meal????

You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. That says far more about you than it does him.

Tom is not homeless and I have his email address now and he has mine. He wants me to start attending some local events. I'll have to see about that.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
As I drove away I wondered why I wasn't out there with him. Why no one else was out there with him.

I still ponder this now.

I would have thought it'd be obvious- the truthers are loathe to admit it, but their movement has a natural attraction for every anti-establishment lunatic and crackpot out there who flock to it in the same way a moth is attracted to an open flame, who do nothing but embarrass the image of the truthers as a whole. If you're really serious about convincing people of your conspiracy stories then you'd want to keep at least a veneer of respectability and professionalism, not consort with shabby street people who look like some crazy homeless guy, who spout off every crazy sounding thing from secret gov't conspiracies to society being infiltrated by shapeshifting alien lizards. You said yourself the guy was gibbering so much you couldn't get a word in edgewise.

Ask yourself, seriously, if that guy was clean shaven, wore a suit and tie, and was clear and concise in his speaking abilities, don't you think his message would be interpreted better?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by mrwupy

Well, I praise the man for his conviction, but I disagree with the name that is on the board.

It should be Dick Cheney, and George W Bush was the patsy caught in the middle (and I hate Bush).

Hope the man is well and in good health.

How come Mr. Cheney says he wanted to bomb Iran, but Bush didn't let him?

I don't think Cheney was pulling the strings.

The basis of all twoofer arguments begins with such fallacies.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Maybe he's out there and wrong?

Has that thought ever crossed the mind of many truthers - they spend their time and forum lies telling others who saw and believe what they saw they are wrong. But guess what those people dont feel the need to protest or scream because they see the truth of their own eyes.

I can really only speak of 7/7 here in the UK but our truth movement in comparison with 9/11 is tiny. Ill postulate an opinion here - we are a nation that had a war in Northern Ireland and realise that terrorists can an will strike. They infiltrate our society and fashion weapons from the crudest materials - some similarity to the talk in the survival threads sometimes makes me laugh. Perhaps some thought on the "advice" on fighting an enemy I have seen there and what happened on 9/11 might give the truthers some pause for thought ?

top topics

join