It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain implant removal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of an implant being removed from the brain?
I have been searching online and havent found anything.
I ask because my wife is going to have surgery to remove what they "think" is a mengiona (wrong spelling im sure)
I dont think its that because I was awake when "they" put my one in.

Anyway I have a bad feeling about this whole thing and I am want to know if anyone else has had it done.
Thanks in advance

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

Im sure removing a mengiona is the same procedure as removing any implant, as with any brain surgery there are risks involved. I wish you and your wife the best of luck no matter what it turns out to be.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Thanks for that zaiger

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: I think it might be this Meningioma.

Personal Disclosure: Best luck and wishes to you and yours foremanator.

P.S S&F! and as far as removing brain implants I'll have a chat with my uncle B. and find out what he was told about his cochlear implant having to be removed if it went all wonky etc. It hasn't thankfully and his hearing is much improved now, but I'm partially deaf and I won't have a bar of it!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Both my mother and father have had brain operations for some type of growth. My mother survived hers. I'm sure it probably depends on where the growth is located. Please give us more details if you can.

My father had a really expensive gamma knife procedure done and it didn't seem to do much of anything.

I haven't heard much about alien brain implants except for X-files and the series Taken.

I've recalled having seen x-rays that suggest two marble sized implants in the back of my own skull and recalled the 'supposed' orginal surgery around the age of 3 or 5.

I would think of deactiviting an alien implant first, before any sugery.

There's been mention of less invasive procedures to shrink and kill tumors. I would look into those if I were you.

www.cancercenter.com...

www.cancercenter.com...

I'm not sure which ones are doing the non invasive trials.

Hope everything goes well.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hi I have never heard of anything like this before I just wanted to wish you and you wife the best of luck.Take care.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by freeyourmind1111]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Hi Aleon, i was hoping you could tell me more about the gamma
knife procedure as my doctors want to schedule me for one soon.

Right now we have insurance but it will expire within 6 months. I
have an acoustic neuroma which is a benign tumor on the auditory
nerve.

They tell me I will lose my hearing with 10 - 20 years if left
untreated. But the procedures carry inherent risk that includes
deafness so right now I'm not inclined to have the procedure
done.

Should we try later insurance won't cover it as a pre-existing condition.

Can you tell me how much it cost? Any information you can give me I
would very grateful for. I'm a musician and the thought of losing my
hearing seems like a death sentence.

As for the OP, I don't understand why you say that her meningioma is an "implant".
My understanding is that this is a cancer. At any rate I wish your
wife and youself the best of luck and hope that all goes well for you.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

From what I recall, the costs to my father after insurance was about $60,000. That was at some hospital or treatment center in or around Meriville Indiana. Not exactly sure right now as to costs.

You would need to research the sucess rate on it, but the costs are way too high as far as I'm concerned. My fathers insurance company had first denied to pay for the procedure after it was done.

Not really clear on how it was settled.

I personally would look into other alternative treatments that don't have so many side effects as the usual treatments such as radiation, chemo etc.

Gamma knife doesn't seem to be mentioned much, but was said to have been around for awhile in other countries?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Thanks so much Aleon! The only alternatives are traditional surgeries
with the same risks plus infection. Doesn't look good any way I view it therefore I've decided to stop looking! Thanks again,

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

with the same risks plus infection. Doesn't look good any way I view it therefore I've decided to stop looking! Thanks again,

Not sure what you mean by that. My fathers tumor was one of the most agressive ones. It may just be that they didn't perform the treatment correctly. I believe they have only one shot at it if you can't afford it.

Best to search costs and ask your insurance company.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Not sure what you mean by that. My fathers tumor was one of the most agressive ones. It may just be that they didn't perform the treatment correctly. I believe they have only one shot at it if you can't afford it.

Best to search costs and ask your insurance company.

They say my tumors are benign but are going to grow (?), I will eventually go deaf which is a risk of the surgery (gamma knife or traditional invasive removal). Also a risk of facial paralysis. So what I meant was that I'm just going to ignore it and let it take it's course.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I was trying to find something on the internet on the costs for the treatment or surgery and all I could find was some videos on youtube. I hadn't known how bad it could get until I'd seen this one video. I'm assuming this video was related.

www.youtube.com...

Apparently, he stopped posting 6 months ago, but that could just be related to finances etc.

I would check the threads here about herbal or natural treatments, diets etc.

top topics

join