It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan doing 180 on US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
That's a cute little phrase there, "Japanese apologist".

I never said "Japanese apologist"... I said "WWII apologists," meaning those who are still assailing the USA for our involvement in WWII. Yes, there are those who hammer America for allowing the unprovoked Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor to happen, for our holding Japanese Americans in detention camps during much of the war, and for dropping "the bomb" on Japan. These are the same sort of apologists who still blame America for everything from slavery to global warming, all of which is pure nonsense.

Originally posted by mpriebe81
...to insinuate that the US is solely responsible for what Japan has become is ridiculous and completely inaccurate.

In wiping the slate clean, denying Japan the opportunity to rebuild its military in any fashion, and reinventing Japanese industry during the occupation, America placed Japan on a one-way course to success. Those millions of Japanese workers and engineers formerly employed in creating Japan's horrendous war machine were given jobs in manufacturing toys, radios, and cameras primarily for the American retail market. We gave them their industry, their economy, AND their market, and we supported Japan for many years in this manner, until Japanese products achieved a level of quality that demanded respect throughout the world.

Yes, we are solely responsible for that. How soon the youngsters forget.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 9/11/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think its pretty funny that they say this but then they want to buy our F-22.

www.forbes.com...

I believe that they have the right, and we should respect it, to not have our bases on their land yada yada yada. But you dont slap us in the face and then ask for a hand out afterwards.

edited cause it was an old article, this ones newer

[edit on 11-9-2009 by dizzie56]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yes, there are those who hammer America for allowing the unprovoked Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor to happen, for our holding Japanese Americans in detention camps during much of the war, and for dropping "the bomb" on Japan.

The attack on Pearl Harbor was not totally unprovoked. The US cut off supply routes to Japan and held some of the largest wargames ever to that point in the Pacific, obvious posturing. Lets not forget Regan apologized on behalf of the US for the Japanese internment, is Regan the apologist you speak off? Frankly I am proud to be part of a generation that will never again consider the Atom bomb as a solution.

Bet lets not get off topic. The article is not about WW2. This is a quote from the actual article written by the PM August 23rd entitled "Japan must shake off US-style globalization ";

"Freedom is supposed to be the highest of all values, but in the fundamentalist pursuit of capitalism people are treated not as an end but as a means. Consequently, human dignity has been lost."

he goes on to say;

"The recent worldwide economic crisis resulted from a way of thinking based on the principle that American-style free-market economics represents a universal and ideal economic order – and that all countries should modify the traditions and regulations governing their own economy in order to reform the structure of their economic society in line with global standards (or rather American standards)."

On topic, do you disagree?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think he is trying to determine which side his bread is buttered, get in early by joining the voices against the US so they will be on the right side when we fall.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
I think he is trying to determine which side his bread is buttered, get in early by joining the voices against the US so they will be on the right side when we fall.

that way of thinking is actually in a book ive been reading lately. Machiavelli's discourses. be close enough to somebody to be there to take advantage of them if they fall, but far enough away so that they dont take you down to. pretty good and thorough about politics and history imo.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Japan was a wealthy capitalist empire before WW2. They were powerful enough to take on the European naval powers in the pacific and their technology was very advanced. In 1905 they also won a historic naval battle against the Russians and at the time had an empire in Asia. They are actually less powerful now then they used to be and all of this before they were "enlightned" by American atomic bombs.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I admire the guy for this. I also think, as a sovereign nation, there is no reason whatsoever for them to have US military personnel in their country. I applaud him for having the balls to say that.

<< 1   >>

join