It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 9/11 Challenge...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I ask you to listen to this audio file produced by 700 WLW (approximately 29min) that chronicles the timeline events of 9/11.

I ask that it be done with a clear mind of no preconceptions and answer if the piece was objective news reporting from a neutral bias or propaganda?

Was it educational, did you learn anything new or details that you may have forgotten?

Where the feelings you had while listening genuine or do you feel they were invoked?

Does Bush sound presidential or like the buffoon he is later portrayed to be?

And lastly, were you able to listen to this with a clear mind and not let preconceptions pervade your thoughts and answers to these questions?

Direct Link

And for the the hypothetical fun of it: If a future you had the access to future tech that could travel back in time and vaporise the planes in mid-flight, would you do it? Would it make a difference if you died in the process? Would you still answer the same way if you could not return?

Edit to add a direct link to ATS Media file

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It has been over 24 hours since I posted this thread. Why am I not surprised that no one was able to comment or reply when asked to do something with no preconceptions going in?

With the past 8 years of viewing over-compressed, blurry video on you tube proclaiming to be the smoking gun, I can only conclude that the whole of Truth Movement was at best a fad and at worst an agenda bandwagon to get Bush out of office. Bush is gone and the drive and leadership of the Truth Movement seems to have gone with it.

Fads seem to go in 20 year cycles or so, so maybe there will be definite interest in the subject once again. That is if people are not too busy struggling to get by with the basics of water, shelter and food.

There are many intelligent and insightful people on ATS. I was looking forward to reading their opinions and comments. So, I am a bit disappointed, but at least I wasn't there and it wasn't my voice anywhere in the presentation, right?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself, but I made up my mind about 9/11 over two years ago after researching it non-stop for a long time. I do not feel the need to keep spending time on it. Perhaps others have their own reasons.

And the truth moment is not dead. They are just done.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If you're looking for comments without preconceived ideas, then I regret to say you posted it in the wrong place. I've spoken to many, many, conspiracy people, and literally to a man/woman they are going to believe in all sorts of other conspiracies, from the JFK assassination to the moon Landing being faked to AIDS being invented by the U.S. to kill all the black people in Africa, so of course they're going to view the 9/11 attack as being some gov't plot or another. If you wear conspiracy colored glasses, then you're naturally going to see conspiracies everywhere.

They are going to view this recording of yours with preconceived ideas specifically because all these 9/11 conspiracies are nothing but preconceived ideas to begin with.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
It has been over 24 hours since I posted this thread. Why am I not surprised that no one was able to comment or reply when asked to do something with no preconceptions going in?

With the past 8 years of viewing over-compressed, blurry video on you tube proclaiming to be the smoking gun, I can only conclude that

maybe because there's a big difference between examining visual and audio in this case and its a waste to comment on audio clips from perp- controlled propoganda via MSM?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Or that it could be that reading comprehension is a lost art. The questions that I asked were very straightforward and did not take a stance or bias as to if it was an inside job or happened as the official story goes. While the audio timeline does indeed mention things that jive with the official story itself, it (to me) does not come across as to heavy-handed.

Or it could be that the audio track was too long. And the majority would not care to listen unless it proclaimed proof of a conspiracy or at the least, strong evidence against the official story.

Personally, I thought it was a nice piece that everyone that is honestly interested in 9/11 should listen to at least once. For the most part, it was created in a tribute to those involved and had passed. And chronicles the events as they were understood (or claimed--depending on viewpoint/bias) at the time it was created which was approximately six months after 9/11.

And while it is my opinion, I consider it laziness at best or narrow mindedness to not be able to listen with a clear mind and objectivity. If for no other purpose that greater exposure to presentations of this sort may make different things stand out.

But one point to consider is this. So long as presentations and productions of this sort do get played and reviewed, then to ask someone to listen objectively to a counter theory is condescending hypocrisy when you are unable to do the same.

But ultimately, to each their own I guess.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
President Bush sounded his usual self, reading the writing of others and often screwing up the pronunciation of the words.

As for the time line, it sounds about right, but there are other time line'e that have been presented that show how screwed up the whole thing was, from NORAD flying out over the ocean, to the President setting on his arse in a school house instead of getting up and at least acting like a leader.

There are not many who will be swayed either way. Those that believe that the government has not been forthright with the truth, and their suppression of evidence even to this day will keep the truther side set against the believers.

The same is true of those who think things happened just as was explained by the media and the government. They will not even acknowledge that there are many strange things that happened in regards to buildings falling, an aluminum plane punching a whole thru the 3 or 5 re-enforced thick concrete walls of the pentagon, or even the crater of what was believed to be flight 93.

There is no middle ground, and as another posted, the sides are drawn and neither side will move, not even with ever inceasing credible evidence.

I believe that the government was involved in the 911 events. I also believe that the real truth can never be acknowledge due to the problems it would bring to America around the world.

Thanks for the post, it was interesting to listen to.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfpack 51
The same is true of those who think things happened just as was explained by the media and the government. They will not even acknowledge that there are many strange things that happened in regards to buildings falling, an aluminum plane punching a whole thru the 3 or 5 re-enforced thick concrete walls of the pentagon, or even the crater of what was believed to be flight 93.

What exact is strange about a building collapsing after a much bigger building had fallen on it, or that a light material travelling at a high velocity can penetrate a heavier material, or that the gov't doesn't want to release photos of a crash site with bits and pieces of human beings lying all over the place?

[edit on 14-9-2009 by GoodOlDave]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

What's to comment on? We already know about the later Mainstream News Media propaganda don't we? You government loyalists are doing a good job keeping the disinformation flow alive.

However the early Mainstream News Media 9-11 accounts which were quickly removed from the networks by the 9-11 perps are of much greater importance aren't they?

September 11th Revisited is perhaps the most riveting film ever made about the destruction of the World Trade Center. This is a powerful documentary which features eyewitness accounts and archived news footage that was shot on September 11, 2001 but never replayed on television.

Google Video Link

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well the audio came on unexpectedly when I started to look at the opening post.Was the new thing the mention of the plane hitting in the vicinity of the Pentacon?It was OK but I lost interest after 15 min's.The vid of SPpreston's on the other hand was great.It is not really an issue of mind open or closed with me.It is cognitive dissonance after shock mental numbness or not.And I clearly see,NOT.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
of course they're going to view the 9/11 attack as being some gov't plot or another. If you wear conspiracy colored glasses, then you're naturally going to see conspiracies everywhere.

This is stereotypical BS. This is the second thread today that I've responded to your purposeful misinformation. Or is it DISinformation, Dave? Are you here to spread purposful disinformation?

I don't subscribe to any other conspiracies. Nor do I "look" for conspiracies everywhere. So "of course" I wouldn't subscribe to a 9/11 conspiracy unless there was evidence suggesting as such, and there's overwhelming evidence. Just because you deny the evidence because you don't like what the evidence suggests, doesn't mean there is no 9/11 conspiracy.

This is the second thread today that you've attacked truthers and that I have to respond to your purposeful misinformation and/or unresearched comments fueled by your denial.

You seriously need to talk to someone....

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
When facing a seemingly insoluble riddle,where it MUST be solved but the evidence has been tampered with and witnesses contradict each other,there is a way.You gather as much evidence as remains,eliminate the sketchy,such as contradicting statements and keep eliminating the IMPOSSIBLE.Whatever remains,no matter how IMPROBABLE,must be TRUTH.The task is made easier when there is a cover up,really,once you realize a cover up in fact exists.That is evidenced by changing stories.No amount of emotional sentimentality,such as the OP's audio,have any real bearing on the pursuit of truth and justice.So what was the point to that audio anyway?

top topics

join