It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 goes public!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Clear your calendars for the first week of October. This should be an awesome event.

On Wednesday, October 7th, and Thursday, October 8th, the Atomic Testing Museum and Roadrunners Internationale will separate the myths from the realities of Area 51 through a special presentation and exhbit: SPY PLANES OF GROOM LAKE (AREA51).

The Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas, Nevada, is partnering with Roadrunners Internationale, an alumni organization for Groom Lake workers, to provide the first public access to former U.S. Air Force, CIA, and contractor personnel who worked on some of the nation’s most closely guarded Cold War projects under a strict blanket of secrecy. This is an opportunity for the public to learn the history of the secret Groom Lake test site and the role it played during the Cold War, and to discuss newly declassified details about cutting edge technologies with the people who developed them. Lectures and moderated discussion panels will include former and current CIA staff, military commanders, historians, and other notable individuals.

There will be opportunities both days for the public to “meet and greet” former Area 51 test pilots, engineers, and technicians and ask them questions. A temporary exhibit will feature actual Area 51 artifacts, memorabilia, and photos. Events on Wednesday will include presentations on the history of Area 51 and Project OXCART by historian Peter Merlin, followed by a panel discussion with people who actually worked at the secret Groom Lake test site. Moderated by KLAS Channel 8 investigative reporter George Knapp, this panel will feature CIA Historian Dr. David Robarge and former pilots and engineers from Area 51. On Thursday, historian Paul Suhler will give an in-depth presentation on CIA projects Rainbow and Gusto and the design evolution of the triple-sonic A-12 spy plane, followed by a discussion panel of former Groom Lake pilots, staff, and technicians moderated by author Annie Jacobson.

Admission is $10 per person and FREE for Museum members. Museum admission is just an additional $5 for those attending this event. Books and souvenirs will be available for purchase at the Museum gift shop and from representatives of the CIA employee store.

Schedule:

Wednesday, October 7: Meet and Greet 10am-5pm. Area 51 historical overview by aerospace historian, Peter Merlin at 2pm. Project Oxcart history presentation by Peter Merlin at 4pm. Area 51 Panel Discussion, moderated by George Knapp at 6pm-8pm.

Thursday, October 8: Meet and Greet 10am-3pm. Archangel (A-1 through A-12) development history lecture by author, Paul Suhler at 11am. Area 51 Panel Discussion moderated by author, Annie Jacobson, 1pm-3pm.

The Atomic Testing Museum is open 7 days a week, Monday – Saturday 10 am to 5pm and Sunday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Last tickets are sold at 4:30p.m. to allow time to tour the Museum.

The Atomic Testing Museum is located at 755 E. Flamingo Rd., between Paradise Rd. and Swenson St., on the south side of the street. There is ample parking and the museum is ADA accessible. For more information please call (702) 794-5151.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i dont see anything to back this up. where are the links to the website/newsscource?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

www.atomictestingmuseum.org...

In the event's section, sounds interesting

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Too bad I am not in Vegas....would have loved to have gone to this.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yea, I really doubt that anything of any value is going to come out of this, just more disinfo to release to the public.
Regardless of that, it should still be interesting nonetheless to see what they have to shjow the people.
I live in Vegas, but I will not participate.
It sounds to me like just a way for someone to make some easy money from people who believe something of real substance is going to be addressed.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Love your avatar...lol

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't exactly say Area 51 is going public. Most likely releasing info on outdated technology progress and facts either commonly known or easily attainable about programs from years past. Not saying it's not interesting though, I'm sure it is.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by rygi23

I agree. They are more than likely "going public" with common knowledge mixed with disinfo. As always, we'll only know what they want us to know.

What I want to see is Area 51 itself...not talk to some nitwits that worked there some odd years back and won't release any information of substance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Whoa! Tough crowd.

People on this board keep asking for the truth about Area 51. This is your chance to get it from people who worked there and historians who have exhaustively researched the subject.

This is an opportunity to meet people who worked at Area 51 (and hear their untold personal stories), see photographs (many never before published), see rare artifacts and memorabilia from Area 51, and get beyond the mythology and folklore.

It is not disinformation. It is fact. It is history. It's being hosted by the Atomic Testing Museum, an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution. This is a breakthrough event.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

The best disinfo is based on reality....

second line

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is great to hear, maybe something will be leaked about what is currently going on at this facility. Regardless, this is an amazing opportunity to gather information on this top secret base!

Also, we absolutely need to get video footage of these presentations and Q&A sessions. This could be some invaluable evidence to the conspiracy community! If anybody is in the area, I cannot emphasize how important it would be to get some of this information on these forums...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Folks, most, if not all, of the classified stuff has been moved elsewhere......

Look north, towards Utah....

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by habu71

the classified stuff has been moved elsewhere...... Look north, towards Utah....

Most people would agree, but they are still testing at groom lake, and it's expanding, this would be a good opportunity for the interested to get first hand info from test pilots and engineers, know if I was in Vegas I'd be attending

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

People on this board keep asking for the truth about Area 51. This is your chance to get it from people who worked there and historians who have exhaustively researched the subject.

This is an opportunity to meet people who worked at Area 51 (and hear their untold personal stories), see photographs (many never before published), see rare artifacts and memorabilia from Area 51, and get beyond the mythology and folklore.

It is not disinformation. It is fact. It is history. It's being hosted by the Atomic Testing Museum, an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution. This is a breakthrough event.

You are kidding right? How accurate do you think the information coming from ex-workers will be? They have most likely signed confidentiality contracts that will send them to jail for 20 years if they disclose anything they have experienced. Even Armstrong couldnt talk about what he saw on the moon. He still cant!

You honestly think that the only reason for employees not revealing what they have seen is because the public couldnt come to them before?

But Im sure it will make a nice tourist trap. Just dont sell the coming disinfo as the truth.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You don't know what you are talking about, Copernicus (and habu71). This is the chance of a lifetime for anyone who is interested in the truth about Area 51. There will be no disinformation, only facts.

Just 15 years ago, an event like this would have been unimaginable. It's an unprecedented opportunity to get real insider information. Several lectures will provide context and a historical overview while the discussion panels will provide details on a more personal level. The base history from its earliest days to the present will be discussed. Historical photos, many never before seen by the public, and the most recent satellite images will be displayed along with artifacts and memorabilia from personal collections.

I only posted this information so that as many people as possible who might be interested in attending would have the opportunity. If a few people benefit from the information then it's worth the abuse I get from some of the members of this forum.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Im not abusing you.

You may feel you can trust the information given, but my argument still stands. You cant. They have nothing to gain by showing the public anything important.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

What I want to see is Area 51 itself...not talk to some nitwits that worked there some odd years back

does anyone truly believe that a nitwit ever entered Area 51, or worked there?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Looking forward to it Shadowhawk, should be good event

See you there.

AJ

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Oh god, people still believe this Utah nonsense, all because off a silly article in Popular Science (or Mechanics) that was total nonsense? My god, that was at least over 10 years ago and was found out to be bunk not long after it was written. And no, new aircraft prototypes are not being flown out of Utah.

Its too bad such journalistic malfeasance lasts a lot longer than a well written article. Area 51/AFFTC Det 3 is still active, still testing next generations of aircraft technologies. And anyone who denigrates those people who worked, developed and flew test projects there as "Nitwits", shouldnt be anywhere near a Area 51 thread.

Shadowhawk knows more about this operating location than anyone else who hasnt been there, and he knows more about it than a lot of people who actually have been there. He IS the best source on black projects and this base. If he says something (like Aurora) did not exist, its a pretty good bet he is right, he has known a lot of people who spent time there on classified aircraft projects. I have seen him on tv shows, interviewed in articles and have been glad to exchange emails with him from time to time.

Some of you that post around here are far less interested in the reality and truth of the world of test pilots and black projects, and more interested in sensationalism, and far fetched nonsense.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'll bump this thread... good to get community support up, if anybody is in the area or going to this, it would be interesting to see what they will be presenting. Especially if we can get some data up for the community to analyze.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join