It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama attack dogs (ABC,NBC) tear Wilson apart in the MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
As has been the theme with this administration, yet another critic is being destroyed by the MSM. Nobody wants to seriously discuss the chances of illegals getting coverage we all know they will and instead demonize anyone who dare suggest otherwise, or the fact rationing will inevitably be administered with NHC.

What a dramatic change the MSM has gone through in the last 8 months. Going from extreme critics of the administration, to extreme defenders of it.

The Hill, which is taken seriously by most in the MSM, had a story today about the use of NoDoz by Joe Wilson in 2007. Yes, FoX has video of ACORN helping child prostitution, but the 'real' journalists are on hard hitting news.

thehill.com...
thehill.com...

Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.), who shouted "you lie!" at President Obama during his Wednesday night address to Congress, admitted to regularly consuming caffeine pills in 2007.

It is unclear if Wilson still takes NoDoz, a brand of pill that contains 200 milligrams of caffeine a pop. By comparison, a seven ounce cup of drip coffee contains 115 to 175 milligrams of caffeine.

Olbermann also lashed out at the Obama critic. Something Olbermann has been dedicated to since the election.

Thats some hard hitting news right there!

On ABC, Jake Tapper described Wilson as, "Taking To Conservative Media Limelight 'Like Moth To A Flame". Again, the MSM's new job seems to be to discredit anyone who publicly calls Obama out. Its happened with every single one of Obama's vocal critics.

All the networks were obviously in agreement tat this was a ghastly incident. Even though they've reacted very different to such interruptions in the past.
Network Echo Chamber: Appalled by Ugly 'Shout Heard 'Round the World'

Media minds think alike. ABC: “It was the shout heard 'round the world.” CBS: “It was the shout heard 'round the world.” NBC, slightly creative: “The outburst heard 'round the world” and the “heckle heard 'round the world.” Congressman Joe Wilson's “you lie” shout during President Obama's Wednesday address to Congress on health care animated the Thursday evening newscasts, though it at least prompted ABC and NBC, but not CBS, to grudgingly take up, briefly, Wilson's contention illegal immigrants would receive health benefits.

I'm not going to quote the whole article, but basically every single network one upped each other on outrage.

MSNBC's David Shuester reduced the GOP to "All White Males With Short Hair Cuts". Going on to accuse the GOP of being racist xenophobes. MSNBC seems to have issues with seeing what they want to see, even if it means editing footage.

During the 4PM ET hour of live coverage on MSNBC Thursday, co-host David Shuster denounced the behavior of Republicans at President Obama’s address to Congress, declaring: “You look at the image of the Republican Party, all white males with short haircuts. They look sort of angry. No women, no minorities, and it looks like they’ve sort of become unhinged.”

Dont blame Shuester though, because hes only bias in favor of the facts!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Great thread! I thought about starting a similar thread bc I was shocked about the concerted effort to destroy this man. Now heres the disclaimer, he was out of line yelling during a presidential speech, BUT he is target #1 of the MSM right now. I use yahoo as my homepage and search their news regularly. Over the past two days there has been an excessive amount of articles bashing the guy.

Dems plan to admonish Wilson for insult
Calling someone a liar isn't new, but Wilson set a new standard
'You Lie' Fallout: Foe Hauls in Quick Half-Million

Of the 10 links yahoo displays 3 are of this guy. Thats 30% of their political news dedicated to bashing him. Not one checks to see if he was accurate or not. Yesterday, I would estimate it was closer to 50%

-E-

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Go down the list. They do it to every outspoken critic of Obama.

-Santelli
-Cramer
-Tea Party protesters
-Town Hall protesters
-Rush
-Beck
-Joe the Plumber
-Palin

Ect....

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
No-Doz... Oh my...

Well... I'm glad he wasn't drinking Starbucks, RedBull... or any other energy drink for that matter... He might really be persecuted then!!!

Unbelievable...

[edit on 9/11/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well don't you get your panties all in a bunch there Wimbly. Never you fear. The fair-and-balanced crew over at FOX will come to his defense in short order. That's why God invented Glen Beck. To uphold the fairness and objectivity that all the other networks are missing.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Lets see.

Fox doesn't hang the guy and the rest of the networks(ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN and MSNBC) crucify him, because he spoke out against the President and made him look bad.

They even throw in the fact that he takes caffeine pills. What the hell does that matter? Atleast he isn't snorting coke, as I'm sure a few of our elected officials are doing.

You do have some pretty big cajones posting that drivel.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by jd140]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
240 grand from the insurance companies isn't a fact that gives me the feeling he is looking our for us. Course what he says is what makes me view him as a pig at the troff. Republicans amaze me with their school boy antics.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Of COURSE Fox doesn't hang the guy. He's one of them. Are you honestly contending that Fox is any less biased then the other side? And in all fairness wasn't it 'The Hill' that reported this and not the MSM? thehill.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's interesting that no one said anything when the democrats booed Bush when he was giving a speech.

But it's big news when one politician accuses another of lying when the accused is a democrat.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

In all fairness did you not watch all the video links that came along with the OP?

Do you watch Fox? Do you know for a fact that nobody on that channel said it was low class?

No, you don't watch it and you don't know what was said on that channel. The only way you would know one way or another is if it was posted on ATS.

But I will give you a star because of the simple fact that you took a thread that showed the blatant one side attacks of all the left wing media and you turned it into a Fox bashing thread.

Good job, you learned misdirection very well from your party(this is where you tell me that you aren't a dem or repub.)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
It's interesting that no one said anything when the democrats booed Bush when he was giving a speech.

But it's big news when one politician accuses another of lying when the accused is a democrat.

the problem is that this wilson guy was wrong about the illegal alien legislation...on top of being rude. maybe if he was right, he wouldn't have looked so bad. by the way, his democatic opponent for 2010, has recieved more than 700 thousand dollars and counting in contributions. it's so nice to have the republicans as cheerleaders for democratic fund-raising.

i actually hope this type of behavior by the republicans continues...the mountain of campaign money being sent into these congressional seats for the democrats only will grow. free speech is not without some consequences. go hannity!!!, go limbaugh!!! go maulkin!!! go beck!!! please, please become more outraged and voice your disdain for this president and liberals...the democrats can always use the money.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
From last night. David Shuester claiming Joe Wilson is a racist because "hes white and from the south".

“The fact that Joe Wilson is from South Carolina...it strikes a lot of people as awfully close to the idea that maybe there was some sort of racist or bigoted element there.”

Again, isn't it pretty bigoted to make judgments like this based on skin color? Isn't that racist in itself?

And especially then when you look up at the picture and you see older white men, all Republicans, sitting there. Just it gives off a strange vibe.”

Ooooohhh! Watch out for those scary white people! They're comin to get ya!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

the problem is that this wilson guy was wrong about the illegal alien legislation...

Then why does Obama include the 13 million non citizens, when he says he wants to provide insurance to the 47 million uninsured Americans?

That may seem petty, but when coupled with the fact that hundreds maybe thousands of non citizens are provided with free healthcare in the US everyday already, Obama is being somewhat misleading. What exactly do you believe Obama is proposing if Wilson is wrong about the legislation? Are Emergency rooms going to start first checking your citizenship status when admitted to the ER, unconscience after a carwreck, or are they going to focus on saving your life?

I do agree that what Joe Wilson did was wrong and that type of political discourse should be shunned

top topics

join