It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard fires on suspicious boat on Potomac River in Washington: CNN

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

They should be even more alert than on any other date - especially around the POTUS.

You are exactly right!! That is why they would never plan "training" for this day! They are already on heightened alert, and every body is in active mode, and communications are key, and special orders are being followed!

They would not have the manpower to increase security around the 9/11 ceremonies, protect the president's motorcade, and moniter and respond to increased activity and calls surrounding the anniversary date, and then still have reserve resources to conduct confusing training exercieses!

No Way! No How! This is complete B.S.!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree. If it was a drill it would've been held prior to the ceremony and motorcade comin' down the street. It just doesn't make sense to hold "training" DURING the event.

Hopefully some ATSers were possibly local to the event and can chime in with their $0.02 to the thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Nuts meet throat, hang around awhile, the Government wants it that way!!

I think that is exactly it... or it seems to be at least. That jet 'photo op' made me feel the same thing, that they wanted to terrorize people, maybe to get the reaction? I have no idea how these people's minds work! They aren't like real people it seems. At least not that I can relate to, and I'm sure I'm not alone. The thing with the Coast Guard today was ridiculous... as so many others have pointed out here, it really seems to be a coverup. I chuckled a little when I saw the newscaster on CNN stumbling over her words trying to report why they had reported it wrong in the first place... she said something like maybe someone heard it wrong on the scanner or something like maybe some one said something like 'bang bang bang' or something like that... She sounded like an idiot.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexxica

I chuckled a little when I saw the newscaster on CNN stumbling over her words trying to report why they had reported it wrong in the first place... she said something like maybe someone heard it wrong on the scanner or something like maybe some one said something like 'bang bang bang' or something like that... She sounded like an idiot.

GOOD! Maybe they will be embarrassed enough to do some real journalism if only to cover their own arses!

Maybe they will get tired of reading from a script, and actually investigate something and report what actually went down!

I doubt it though, stumbling over a few words on a teleprompter pays better than biting the hands that feed you by looking for the truth!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Seems like a non-story with a bunch of over-reacting to me. Nothing actually happened, so any calls of a false flag and such are failed from the start and 100% pure speculation.

Is it a slow news day or something?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
BBBBBBB SSSSSSSS

I work at the DIAC for DIA on Bolling AFB in DC. Something deffinetly went down other than a training excercise. BAFB was on lock down as I left 40 min ago. I have been there for 6+ years and never have they searched vehicles visualy leaving the base and doing ID checks. Somethings up..... try to keep anyone informed if I know more...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akkadian

Well we know CNN is fed info from the govt. Maybe O'Reilly or someone will send out their staff to report the truth. At the very least, maybe we can get the truth from an overseas source.

link   

First, I tried to not flame anyone with my response but if I ruffled your feathers, my bad. With that said....

What kind of backwards @ss, pompous fool believes that the BEST time to conduct a live fire excercise is on 9/11, 100' or less from where the Prez modercade is? That is the kind of planning that results in people being killed for no reason. It is that kind of mindset that gets innocent people killed and damages the credibility of the agencies that are supposed to protect us. There is no logical reason to think that a training excercise had been planned nor would it be planned on a day like this. You have your people on alert, ready for anything suspicious. You don't have them out there being the ones CAUSING the alerts and suspicious activities....

Holy Jezuz.... Where's the tylenol...

link   

If it was on lock-down how were you able to leave?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

Lock down doesn't necessarily mean "unable to leave". I am a military brat and going on base during a lock down means that your vehicle can be searched for any/no reason. It doesn't mean that no one is allowed to leave.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Seems like a non-story with a bunch of over-reacting to me. Nothing actually happened, so any calls of a false flag and such are failed from the start and 100% pure speculation.

Is it a slow news day or something?

Slow news day??

You would think that someone may know that an event happened a few years back on this day that tend to get people a little nervous. There are a few articles about this event on ATS and on the internet. Do a bing or google search for 9/11. You will be amazed.....

News that happens today will probably be viewed a little differently then October 12th or June 23rd or May 7th (random days). Especially with a few other things going on in the world.

Was someone holding you prisoner in a shed in their backyard and you just got out?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

I am also an air force brat raised on military bases and an Army veteran. Lock down means just that. No entry, no exit until the all clear has been issued.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

Lock down doesn't necessarily mean "unable to leave". I am a military brat and going on base during a lock down means that your vehicle can be searched for any/no reason. It doesn't mean that no one is allowed to leave.

BINGO 100% ID CHECK. Don't know the security level though Usually you see Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta. They were looking for something or someone.... Bolling AFB is on the river if you all didn't know...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It's been awhile since I tried to get on base but I do remember the codes for the level of security in place at the gates. I never remember the security being very light when I would go on base with my dad at Wright Patt. AFB.

Editted to fix my pur speeling

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Roadblockx

I am also an air force brat raised on military bases and an Army veteran. Lock down means just that. No entry, no exit until the all clear has been issued.

Fellow AFB brat? I am sending you a U2U and thank you for your service.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Please keep informed if at all possible!

The more we can gather the more it will help us to understand what Happened or is Happening!

Thanks for info!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Did someone write, "maybe O'reilly will report the truth" on this? Are you serious? You think he's a real journalist there to report the truth? Interesting.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I hope all those that are able to have already begun saving the data surrounding this event if for nothing else then to recall it at a later time and say, wow, remember when x happened?

Save the videos, articles, etc. to the ATS servers and seed them out. Look at what we have now to go back and look at 8 years later.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Dick Chenney stated that America had been kept safe through his and Bush's policies, after 9/11.

If, BIG IF, there was another attack in the states, wouldn't it prove him right and Obama, wrong?

Soooooooo, that being said, IF there was another attack (or attempted attack) wouldn't this administration want to keep it quiet?

Just a thought. . . .

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Dick Chenney stated that America had been kept safe through his and Bush's policies, after 9/11.

If, BIG IF, there was another attack in the states, wouldn't it prove him right and Obama, wrong?

Soooooooo, that being said, IF there was another attack (or attempted attack) wouldn't this administration want to keep it quiet?

Just a thought. . . .

Man I love ATS and the great thinking that comes from the posters here. Great thought. Interesting to see how things go the rest of today and what comes out in the news that TPTB want us to know about this (probably not for a few more days though).

That being said, is BlackWater working in the US or are they just allowed to perform operations overseas? I wasn't sure how the contracting went.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join