It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard fires on suspicious boat on Potomac River in Washington: CNN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Are flights usually halted as a precaution when the President heads to the Pentagon . . . or anywhere for that matter?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
"fool me once... shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again."

I agree with others, if you have video or 1st hand testimony of the events this AM, right now is the time to collect that information and share it. Even if this was a simple MAJOR snafu, it is our duty to verify it. These events are all too suspicious.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Sorry, but this seems like a storm in a teacup to me. Maybe the CG were just doing last second drills before the POTUS came along. I'm not seeing anything in these videos that is suspicious - just some questionable timing and overheard radio chatter. This story is going nowhere.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Homeland Security - Either get your Sh@t together, or shut it down.
You have had 8 years to get communications together and we have this on 9/11? What, are you kidding me?

Is the Coast Guard so lame that they would plan this? I don't think so.

This is just as bad or worst than the Air Force on Fly over this year.
Is Obama doing this crap on purpose? It looks that way..........

of course...obama planned this...right.....apparently his secret service didn't know about it, homeland security didn't know about it...obama just called up the coast guard and told them to hold an armed excercise right next to the bridge where his motorcade was traveling.

apparently there is no one, absolutely no one, in the coast guard that could possibly be right-wing enough to give the president a little scare, because all those people just resigned and are all gone from the coast guard when obama was elected into office.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Sorry, but this seems like a storm in a teacup to me. Maybe the CG were just doing last second drills before the POTUS came along. I'm not seeing anything in these videos that is suspicious - just some questionable timing and overheard radio chatter. This story is going nowhere.

questionable??? how is it that normal everyday people can clearly see this is a bad idea on this 9/11 anniversity, but college educated, terrorist trained, officers of the coast guard could not see this to be a bad idea.

what?...was sept 8th, 9th, 10th, or the 12th, all booked up????

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Honestly, think about it thoe,

It could just be legit, in a training op, you normaly are limited to how real a situation can be portrayed. But when the prez, or likewise does a event like this, you could have a very good moment to conduct a life like training op.

I think its just poor time management, and poor Communication skills.....

[edit on 11-9-2009 by 10001011]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Maybe this is was a setup so we stop talking about Charlie Sheen and and AJ

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This is just a classic case of CNN jumping the gun to try to get the scoop that will somehow boost their ratings.

I am watching the press conference with the Coast Guard Commander right now. This was a standard training mission. If these guys don't train they are worthless sitting ducks in the water.

Nothing to see here. Time to go back to Charlie Sheen fantasies.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This actually doesn't surprise me...they're always doing live-round training exercises on that river. It's truly bizarre. We got caught in one once on a sailboat when they didn't leave enough time between sounding the sirens and starting the exercise and booms started going off way too close to us. But the timing on this day and with Obama's proximity is truly ludicrous.

They're saying now they just heard something on a scanner and the Coast Guard didn't fire I guess.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

questionable??? how is it that normal everyday people can clearly see this is a bad idea on this 9/11 anniversity, but college educated, terrorist trained, officers of the coast guard could not see this to be a bad idea.

Training the Coast Guard is probably a better idea than a low flyby joy ride in AirForce One over a frightened NYC.

Training exercises are often conducted randomly in order to create a true sense of urgency and to enable a real time analysis. Ever been in a random fire or tornado drill?

BTW which terrorists have trained our Coast Guard Officers?

[edit on 11-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

So what you're saying is that on Sept 11th the law enforcement/security agencies should do absolutely nothing? Just sit there hoping the terrorists won't try and mark the 9/11 anniversary with another attack? Don't be ridiculous. They should be even more alert than on any other date - especially around the POTUS. And this wasn't even a "proper" exercise - just an overheard radio message. Hell, they might just have been testing their radios for all we know.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
ok i was watching cnn as this happened i want the record to state that there was a woman, i did not catch her name of position, but she stated over and over again that she Personally heard over the radio that shot were fired

she said specifically 8 shots were fired

i dont believe this was any exercise

i dont believe the news got caught off guard

i dont believe that our government officials could be that absolutely ignorant to stage any event like this on this day, at this time, at this place

if this war somehow just a exercise, then those responsible should pay severely

what i do believe is there was something that was happening, but it was prevented, and now they are calling it an exercise to prevent looking horrible in the news

If reports were to go out that there was an attempted terrorist act, it would prove we are no safer today then we were 8 years ago and that all the laws and changes that have been made were all for nothing

8 years ago a crime was committed

and now today, there absolutely a crime committed and someone should make sure the world gets to the bottom of it

again if it was a exercise the person responsible for it was simply very irresponsible and ignorant

if this wasnt an exercise and this is now a cover up, well then we need a new way to run our government

either way, it is obvious after this mornings events that changes are severely needed and someone needs to be held accountable for every single question the american public has

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So what you're saying is that on Sept 11th the law enforcement/security agencies should do absolutely nothing? Just sit there hoping the terrorists won't try and mark the 9/11 anniversary with another attack? Don't be ridiculous. They should be even more alert than on any other date - especially around the POTUS. And this wasn't even a "proper" exercise - just an overheard radio message. Hell, they might just have been testing their radios for all we know.

yes they should do nothing they should be sitting, waiting and being prepared for something to happen, 9/11 is probably one of the nations most dangerous days, if there are terrorists, this would be a great day for them to strike us

our defenders should be observant, prepared at all times, and not sitting around wasting time, manpower, and resources on a damn game

how would they have responded if while they were enacting this idiotic exercise, thats nothing more then a game, on the anniversary of the worst day in our nations history, and something real actually did happen

how would they react to something happening while they are playing that game, time would have been wasted and the situation could have been made extremely worse

its a plain and simple bottom line that anyone with any common sense can see

todays event was just plain ridiculous

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ok.

Time for everyone to understand something...

The supposed drill was NOT communicated up the chain of command.

That means...IT WAS NOT a drill...

Meaning it was something else..

Period.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I don't get what you are saying... you make it seem like conducting a training exercise on the Potomac near the POTUS motorcade on the morning of Sept 11 is the same thing as performing standard security operations. I think people are having a hard time believing that the CG would be conducting a training exercise during that time at that place given the context. Should the CG have been there on the Potomac for security? H*** YES! Should they be conducting a training event during what we could all agree to be during a heightened state of alertness? H*** NO!

Conducting a training operation distracts agents. You conduct training operations during relatively low risk situations, not high risk situations. If somebody wanted to do something bad in DC, they had a perfect opportunity while the media, secret service, FBI, CG and the rest of DHS were trying to determine if this incident was "training or real world".

STUPID MOVE.

Reminds me of other 'training exercises' and their unfortunate timings as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

here they report fbi rushed to the scene and the airport nearby grounded flights

if this was an exercise, why in the hell would the fbi be worried and rushing to the scene

why would a major airport ground flights

we didnt even do things that fast 8 years ago but here today flights were already grounded over a "training situation"

i dont buy it and i wont

if that is somehow the truth then our nation has serious issues

where the hell is our communication, i mean the damn fbi didnt even know what was going on, no one did, except the coast guard? and it was just a training incident

yet reporters personally stated on cnn that they personally heard over the radio that shots were fired

something has happened today and anyone dismissing it is either absolutely ignorant, especially on 9/11, 8 years later, or they are simply dis info agents

edited to state that in the link from yahoo they list 10 shots that were reported

the woman on cnn who i watched state that she personally heard it said that it was 8 shots

she personally said she heard there were 8 shots fired over the scanner
i know im repeating myself with that info but i want to make that very clear for historical sake as she was a 1st hand person to the situation who claims she was listening to the scanner live as it was happening

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

yup, i guess you are one of the few people that get it...because your last line says it all. the US dropped the ball on 9/11/2001, because every available jet that could have intercepted those planes for the DC and NY area, was off on training excercises...same with the UK...they were conducting excercises on 7/7 for the subways, when they had an actual attack on...the subways.....this should have been a no-brainer by the coast guard.

this would be like if the guards at a bank had made sure the vault was open, and left to do a training excercise several miles away and no one was at the bank to cover for them.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
lastly another thing i find very interesting is this battle between the coast guard and the media both trying to put blame on the other

instantly when the media 1st got word from the coast guard it was a drill, the back and forth started with the media saying they did everything by the book and were only listening to the scanners like its their job to do, and that they tried to get answers from the coast guard before going to air but the coast guard had no comment

and now the coast guard is saying the media jumped then gun and went to air before checking the facts

it seems in the past the media and the government are on the same page

here they are both on different books with this one

i also dont like how robert gibbs says its best not to second guess the decision to have this exercise and that if the group feels there should be a exercise then there should be

its like they are already trying to stifle questions as fast as they can

seems to me its clear there was a mess up, a break in the communications and now definitely some form of cover up to the situation

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

the woman on cnn who i watched state that she personally heard it said that it was 8 shots

i know im repeating myself with that info but i want to make that very clear for historical sake as she was a 1st hand person to the situation who claims she was listening to the scanner live as it was happening

...and the latest reports are saying that it was a commander who yelled "Bang! Bang! Bang!" into a mic, and there were actually no shots fired.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by Dramey

...and the latest reports are saying that it was a commander who yelled "Bang! Bang! Bang!" into a mic, and there were actually no shots fired.

while i was watching while it was unfolding they were also speaking of someone saying bang bang bang, but they were clear that was a separate part of it and that the 8 shots fired statement happened before the bang bang bang

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join