It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard fires on suspicious boat on Potomac River in Washington: CNN

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

"They're in a training exercise and we didn't know it. Somebody reported that they had shot at somebody. That was part of the training exercise," said Lt. Mike Libby of the U.S. Park Police, who was by the river near the 14th Street Bridge.

I thought part of the billions of dollars spent on upgrading inter department communications after 9/11 was suppose to stop this kind of confusion?

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Sept. 11 training exercise sparks confusion in DC

The Department of Homeland Security was created in response to the 9/11 attacks. The Coast Guard and the Secret Service were placed within the department. The massive reorganization was designed to promote sharing of information within the department and among other law enforcement agencies.

What a bunch of crap.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
MSNBC claims no shots fired now? Keep your hears on and eyes open.

simulated -- not fired

[edit on 11-9-2009 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Homeland Security - Either get your Sh@t together, or shut it down.
You have had 8 years to get communications together and we have this on 9/11? What, are you kidding me?

Is the Coast Guard so lame that they would plan this? I don't think so.

This is just as bad or worst than the Air Force on Fly over this year.
Is Obama doing this crap on purpose? It looks that way..........

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I thought we knew it. I thought I saw a post here last week about military training exercises in DC on 911 and how they were going to scare people?

If not here, I read it somewhere.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
In an area with thousands of people, I bet there are bound to be eyewitnesses.

Can we find someone to confirm if there was indeed gunfire?

If there was then we need to demand an investigation.

Authorities are denying any gunfire now.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Considering the Coast Guard and Secret Service were both placed within the jurisdiction of Homeland Security, what does that tell us?

It took them what?, 15 minutes to get the story straight? Now thats an effective government program.
excuse me

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Is Obama doing this crap on purpose? It looks that way..........

I'm not an Obama fan, but he seems to be more of a victim than a Conspirator when it comes to these "miscommunications!"

His Jet, His Motorcade, His Staff, His Czar Selections.......No way is he this stupid, it has to be sabotage or discrediting attempts!! Let's blame Cheney or Hillary or Israel!!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I saw this live, and i really don't believe this was a drill. If so, they forgot telling everyone. Why oh why?

And what is up with Obama and God? Is he getting more religious every day?

He's the president now, the people that voted for him didn't need God in every speech....

Just had to get that out

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Some one on this thread claimed to see a boat going down, and someone in my office claimed they saw something on fire during the news broadcast!!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
www.abcnews.go.com...

Prepare yourself before you read this

Sources said that during the exercise, a crew member on a Coast Guard boat may have said, "Bang, bang, bang," over a two-way radio -- a transmission overheard by many listeners, including media members, and perhaps misinterpreted as word of actual shots.

BANG BANG BANG

how dumb do they think people are

link   
Here is a link to the CNN video with an actual audio snippet of the event.

CNN Mistakes Audio of Coast Guard Training on Potomac for Real Thing

"Slow down or you will be fired on."

ALSO: WSBTV: Coast Guard Training In Potomac Causes Scare

"The Coast Guard conducted a training exercise in the Potomac River near the Pentagon amid Sept. 11 commemorations Friday, sparking confusion that scrambled FBI agents and led the nearest airport to briefly ground flights."

[edit on (9/11/09) by AllSeeingI]

link   
www.abcnews.go.com...

Prepare yourself before you read this

Sources said that during the exercise, a crew member on a Coast Guard boat may have said, "Bang, bang, bang," over a two-way radio -- a transmission overheard by many listeners, including media members, and perhaps misinterpreted as word of actual shots.

BANG BANG BANG

how dumb do they think people are

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
First video appears

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

I wonder after doing that. If He blew the smoke from the tip of his pointed finger twirled it then holstered his imaginary HAND PISTOL.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

There is a special place in my heart for this video poster. They're messing with our minds. BINGO.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think something was about to go down (assassination attempt?) and it was dealt with. This is just spin.

But this might be just the opening credits.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost artistic
I saw this live, and i really don't believe this was a drill. If so, they forgot telling everyone. Why oh why?

And what is up with Obama and God? Is he getting more religious every day?

He's the president now, the people that voted for him didn't need God in every speech....

Just had to get that out

You were there when it happened? Please describe what you saw. Did you hear shots fired?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
2 more videos, different angles of the boat(s)

fishy fishy

[edit on 11-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Please. Everyone start saving these videos and upload them to the ATS Media server. Let's gather more accurate timeline of the events as they traveled across the internal news feed streams as well as the internal branches of security. There is something here that is troubling to the mind, and it only takes a short while for these things to fade out.

"Terrorism doesn't take a holiday just because it's 9/11" - Heh
I'm already writing some transcripts of the news feeds. posting soon.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by patmac]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join