It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard fires on suspicious boat on Potomac River in Washington: CNN

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If this is a false flag it's a pretty damn weak one. I think you are seeing Indians behind every tree.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreezeM
STAND DOWN!

ABC7 (twitter.com...) now reporting it was a training exersice.

this reminds me of those training exercises taking place on... uh... 9/11 and on 7/7

Edit to ad: CBS News confirms that Coast Guard conducted a training exercise on the Potomac. No shots fired - contrary to CNN reports.

[edit on 11/9/2009 by FreezeM]

A training exercise??? What the bleep ever. Go back to sleep everyone, training is taking place, any major disasters that occur today were all pre-planned scenarios for which secret training missions are being conducted. Coincidentally, the President is being evacuated as part of the "exercise".

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You government is playing you all for a bunch of fools! The Niagara Falls jet incident and now this on 9/11 of all days..
They are seeing how far they can push.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There seemed to have been alot of training excercises on sept 11 in 2001,
and look what happened,
no fighter jet was available to stop the planes.

And coast guards?
Wasnt there a report of a russian ship on the us coast a lil while ago?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I swear I seen what looked like a boat sinking as Foxnews picked up the live Feed! I agree this sounds like somthing, Obama's motor cade had just passed nearby! JFK airport trafic was stoped. If this was a training exsersize it was in poor taste. also if it was do to poor comunication it is just more proof that our government is falling back in to that 9/10 mentality! If I am not mitaken was it not poor comunication between government agincies that the government claimed was responsible for 911.

My opinion was this was a possible attempt on Obama that was foiled and is not being covered up!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Unless of course the boat/vessel in question was late and missed it's mark....

Didn't they also say his motorcade just passed over the bridge?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So let me get this straight..
They want us all to believe that the Coast Guard had a training session, the same day as 9-11, and the same time Obama Motorcade was due over the bridge, AND no one in his Administration knew Coast Guard was training at that time and day, and the Coast Guard was stupid enough to train on 9-11, without notifying the Presidents Admin...
Is that what they want us all to believe???
Give me a freakin break!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

We posted that opinion at exactly the same time 7:47

Sick minds think alike

[edit on 11-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yes this training exercise explanation is definitely seriously suspect.

During a memorial service?!? On one of the most sensitive anniversary days?! Definitely BS.

And the machine is in full effect trying to play this down....just got this alert from Arlington County....

Sent Friday, September 11, 2009 10:44 am
To XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject TRAINING EXERCISE on Potomac River
Activity on the Potomac involving the U.S. Coast Guard is confirmed to be a training exercise. OEM/LROT

Sent by Arlington County OEM to All users (e-mail, pagers, cell phones) through Arlington Alert

....powered by Cooper Notification RSAN

---

- You received this alert because you registered for Arlington Alert.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by XKrossX]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My efforts to find an online streaming feed of the DC coast guard didn't turn up anything. I'm hoping that anyone in the area can try to access it via the normal frequencies. This is the kind of chatter that we should be listening to about now.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Given the circumstances and the parties involved (9-11 and Obama), it's probably just another Obama photo op.
I wonder how many people almost had a heart attack, but it's OK because it's for Barack.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
A Time line of the event from BNO News (from Twitter)

# D.C. 9/11 MISHAP -- The FBI says the "incident", as reported by CNN, was an exercise and that no real shots were fired.
21 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters
# BULLETIN -- COAST GUARD: "INCIDENT" IN D.C. WAS A DRILL.29 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters
# U.S. Coast Guard to BNO News: "Still gathering information" on D.C. incident.
33 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters
# CNN: U.S. Coast guard tried to prevent a boat from entering a security zone on the Potomac River not far from the Pentagon where Obama is.
37 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters
# Stay with BNO News for continuing coverage on reports that the Coast Guard fired upon a boat in Washington, D.C.
37 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters
# CNN: Coast Guard fired 10 rounds at a boat on the Potomac River. Reuters calls it a "high security incident."
40 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters
# URGENT -- The U.S. Coast Guard has opened fire on a boat in restricted water in Washington, D.C., CNN reports.
41 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters
# BULLETIN -- REPORT: COAST GUARD FIRES ON " SUSPICIOUS VESSEL" IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
about 1 hour ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This smells like a cover up to me.

On a side note I send the link around the office and even the "sheeple" are commenting that it seems like a cover up.

Very interesting indeed!! I wonder how this will all play out

JT

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Greenblaz]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XKrossX

Ya, more than suspect!! If it was a training exercise, shouldn't that alert have gone out BEFORE they fired shots or scared the public?!

Has anybody searched any local papers or websites for notifications of an upcoming training exercise? I didn't see anything on the main Coast Guard site, but it is pretty cumbersome and hard to navigate!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So the conclusion is that this was either the dumbest planned training exersice, the quickest cover up ever or a big HEY LOOK OVER THERE, to distract everybody from somthing else.

link   
THe very first line of the Sky News report says:

The US Coast Guard has denied opening fire on a boat on Washington DC's Potomac River.

So it went from an attack, to a drill, to a what are you talking about i didn't shot anyone??

news.sky.com... rld_News_Top_Stories_Header_1&lid=ARTICLE_15380040_US_Coastguard_Denies_Firing_At_Boat_On_Potomac_River_In_Washington_DC

Edit forgot link

[edit on 11/9/2009 by wycky]

link   
This could be a few things....it could be a warning to obama to stay on track...do as he is told....don't do anything stupid..or..it's just a reminder to the American people and people all around the world that we are vunerable...and we need more 'security'.

One things for sure...I'm sick to death of being taken for a fool...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think they are covering up an assassination attempt. Why they would want to cover it up might be the important question to ask.

link   

ALRIGHT PEOPLE.
Move along, nothing to see here.

You know, just a training exercise on 9/11 at the same time/location as the POTUS motorcade.

I wonder if they will do a few 747 low-altitude flybys over lower Manhattan today too. You know, photo op or something.

Now get back to work. (If you have a job.)

link   
Holy Crap, I am streaming a Country Music Radio station, and as I was reading this, they started playing back some of the broadcasts from the real 09/11, and I didn't realize it wasn't new news at first!! The music broke and a reporter broke in, and Bush was addressing the Nation. Don't be alarmed, it was part of the song! Phew!

Nuts meet throat, hang around awhile, the Government wants it that way!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join