It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uzumaki (Spiral)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I was wary in reading this particular comic since it falls on the grotesque-horror genre. Well, I'm never keen on anything horror much less the grotesque part but I read it anyway since it was recommended.

The summary of the story is as follows (taken from onemanga.com)

Kurozu-cho, a small fogbound town on the coast of Japan, is cursed. According to Shuichi Saito, the withdrawn boyfriend of teenager Kirie Goshima, their town is haunted not by a person or being but by a pattern: uzumaki, the spiral, the hypnotic secret shape of the world. It manifests itself in small ways: seashells, ferns, whirlpools in water, whirlwinds in air. And in large ways: the spiral marks on people's bodies, the insane obsessions of Shuichi's father, the voice from the cochlea in your inner ear. As the madness spreads, the inhabitants of KurĂ´zu-cho are pulled ever deeper, as if into a whirlpool from which there is no return...

Finished it in 1 sitting. But I have to admit that I took a break or 2 since the comic was getting to me in a very creepy way fast.

I have to warn though that there are a number of disturbing scenes in the comic that had disturbed me.

btw. I read it online at this site: www.onemanga.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
if you liked it, then you should know they made a move about it too.

you can check it out here and here

ive never read the manga, thanks for the link. i did see the move about 5 years ago, and it was a creepfest. really creepy to watch late at night by yourself.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Kinda old thread, but just came across it. Have to say having been introduced to Uzumaki by a friend some weeks ago....

I'VE BEEN SEEING SPIRALS EVERYWHERE!!!

Its a very interesting manga (and I use the word interesting in a very literal way). I wouldn't say it was one of the best or one of the worst, but as the TC said it 'gets to you.' In a major way. I also finished it one sitting with the necessary 2/3 breaks, and would highly recommend it to anyone who has the constitution to read it. Some of the scenes are gory, others are just incredibly absurd. All of them will make your skin crawl.

Kinda spoiler-ish, but seeing someone crawl into a snail shell for the reason he did...really freaked me out.

Also, the movie was good. Did NOT do the story justice.

new topics

join