It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Of New York Concedes... To Put Referendum For 9/11 Investigation On November Ballot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This is just tremendous news!!!

Now there is a good chance for a real investigation of 9/11. This is the best news I could think to get on the anniversary

Congratulations to NYC CAN!

We all need to get behind this and make sure this referendum passes.

911blogger

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

NYC CAN Breaking News Bulletin - FORWARD WIDELY
September 10, 2009

New York – In a last minute decision, lawyers for the City of New York have conceded that the New York City Coalition for Accountability Now (NYC CAN), a group comprising 9/11 family members, first responders and survivors, indeed did submit over 30,000 valid signatures to put the referendum for a new 9/11 investigation before the voters of New York City this November.

In an earlier letter from the City Clerk dated July 24, 2009, the City had claimed only 26,003 signatures were valid, 3,997 short of the requisite 30,000. The City’s concession that over 30,000 of the 52,000 signatures submitted were in fact valid paves the way for lawyers from both sides to argue the legality of petition.

Asked whether he thought NYC CAN could overcome the City’s challenge to the legality of the petition, legal counsel to the petitioners, Dennis McMahon, said, “Absolutely. Although the City has an incredibly successful record of shooting down ballot initiatives, we will be arguing from a fresh perspective that reflects the unprecedented events of 9/11. We believe the courts will see how critical an issue this is, and be persuaded with our legal reasoning and point of view.” A final determination on the legality of the petition will be reached in time for the referendum to be included on the November ballot should the petitioners prevail.

Representatives for NYC CAN, 9/11 family member Manny Badillo and Executive Director Ted Walter, arrived at the Board of Elections on the morning of Wednesday, September 9, to assist the court-appointed referee in commencing a line-by-line review of the disputed signatures, only to learn the referee’s review had been called off due to a last minute concession by the City. Mr. Badillo immediately got on the phone to inform others of the news.

“The City conceded we have 30,000 valid signatures. Big victory.”

The City’s concession comes as a result of the immense effort put forth by 50+ volunteers who gave more than 1,000 hours over a two week period from August 10 to August 25 to identify a total of 7,166 signatures that were wrongly invalidated by the NYC City Clerk and Board of Elections. On August 27, NYC CAN filed the 631-page Bill of Particulars cataloguing each of the 7,166 signatures it contended were in fact valid. NYC CAN submitted another 28,000 signatures on September 4 to guarantee the referendum will go on the ballot if they win the court case, bringing the total signatures submitted to 80,000.

NYC CAN must deliver its memorandum of law in response to the City’s motion for summary judgment by Monday, September 21. The City will be given an opportunity to reply before the referee’s decision is made on Monday September 28. Fast-track appeals will likely follow no matter who wins. A final decision will have to be made by September 30.

If the referendum passes in November, it would lead to the creation of a local, independent commission with subpoena power that would be tasked with comprehensively reinvestigating the attacks.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
This is just tremendous news!!!

Now there is a good chance for a real investigation of 9/11. This is the best news I could think to get on the anniversary

Congratulations to NYC CAN!

We all need to get behind this and make sure this referendum passes.

911blogger

You got the title of the thread wrong since the legality of the petition has yet to be determined.

Why am I not surprised?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

jthomas...you are the first reply...

I believe I posted the ENTIRE article and if you can read you will understand.

This is a victory!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Already being covered here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Although the thread title could have been better...)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

If the referendum passes in November, it would lead to the creation of a local, independent commission with subpoena power that would be tasked with comprehensively reinvestigating the attacks.

Yeah yeah. I'll need to see that before I believe it, if it even gets that far before this succumbs under pressure from the tremendous forces of evil presiding over this crime. And if they don't get their grubby hands on it and kill it before then, they'll figure out a way to kill it later. Or claim executive privilege on anything they want to keep the crucial facts suppressed.

So if it was me in charge of this panel who would be on my subpoena list?

1) The ex President of Italy, who claimed that 9/11 was commonly known in intelligence circles as a state-sponsored event. (Of course it's kinda hard to subpoena people overseas, if not impossible).

2) Dick Cheney. No doubt. Key question: Please describe exactly the circumstances and reasons for your stand down order as testified by Norman Minetta to the 9/11 Commission.

3) Norman Minetta- Please, let's hear that again, boss, and this time, maybe you could go into unimpeded detail.

4) Every single member of the 9/11 Commission.

5) Sibel Edmons- Oh please hunny, tell us everything!

6) The FBI person in charge that issued the order to end the operation Able Danger. Oh yeah baby, have we got some questions for YOU!

7) Steven Jones and crew. Bring em all to tell of your finds of Nano-thermite in the WTC dust!

8) Richard Gage, Craig Ranke, Rob Balsamo, and each and every single person who has something to offer with regards to the investigations they have personally been witness to and partaken in!

9) Donald Rumsfeld. Now what was that about that missile that hit the Pentagon? Please. Inquiring minds want to know.

10) Oh jeez, Killtown. Wasn't there a neat little video called "Hoodwinked at Shanksville" that raised some serious questions about those black boxes?

11) And speaking of which, how about we get the specific FBI agents who had custody of the black boxes found up on the stand. Because there appears to be some hanky panky going on with what you submitted to the NTSB.

12) And oh, you think you're out of water on this yet, Mr. Bush? Nuh uh. We need you up there too. Cause you obviously saw a video that morning of something you should never have seen.

13) The highest officials from Boeing, American Airlines, and United Airlines. Because we've got lots of questions about specifically identifying those aircraft.

And I'm just warming up.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It would be great to have proper investigation but like TrueAmerican said somebody higher up will put a stop to this someway or another.
If it's all legal & above board they will have to come up with a good reason to stop it happening.
even if there was a proper investigtion i feel the the truth will never fully come out.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Yeah yeah. I'll need to see that before I believe it, if it even gets that far before this succumbs under pressure from the tremendous forces of evil presiding over this crime. And if they don't get their grubby hands on it and kill it before then, they'll figure out a way to kill it later. Or claim executive privilege on anything they want to keep the crucial facts suppressed.

Just the fact that they got 80,000 signatures is impressive. Even if they don't get a real investigation from this it is a very definite signal to TPTB that their house is beginning to crumble. This should be worrisome to them. Maybe not enough to cause them to lose sleep yet but that perhaps comes later. Once they start worrying about it, they'll be making more mistakes and then the snowball effect will come into play.

Very good news, this.

[edit on 11/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Yeah, I know. I am real sorry to be such a pessimist. I didn't really mean it like that, cause I AM really thrilled this has gotten that far. How about we call me a skeptic instead?
I mean after all, currently all we get called is crazy dumb nut truthers.
I guess they can add at least 30,000 more to that list.
And am I ever going to make the post from HELL if and when we get these criminals behind bars or put to death. It's going to be more than an "I told you so."

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

reply to post by jthomas

jthomas...you are the first reply...

I believe I posted the ENTIRE article and if you can read you will understand.

This is a victory!

Your title states "City Of New York Concedes... To Put Referendum For 9/11 Investigation On November Ballot"

But the NYCCAN press release contradicts you.

I'm not surprised you don't understand that.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
great news really ... lets hope they can provide a new investigation

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is an important victory and the fact that it falls so close to the anniversary of the attacks gives me hope.

56 thousand New Yorkers think it is a good idea to open a new investigation and are willing to put their names to paper shows how far our cries for justice have taken us.

Sure it won't be easy. Sure there are very powerful interests that are aligned against us. But look how far we have come.

I am sure this development is making the criminals uncomfortable to say the least and that motivates me for the upcoming battles.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

So if it was me in charge of this panel who would be on my subpoena list?

1) The ex President of Italy, who claimed that 9/11 was commonly known in intelligence circles as a state-sponsored event. (Of course it's kinda hard to subpoena people overseas, if not impossible).

2) Dick Cheney. No doubt. Key question: Please describe exactly the circumstances and reasons for your stand down order as testified by Norman Minetta to the 9/11 Commission.

3) Norman Minetta- Please, let's hear that again, boss, and this time, maybe you could go into unimpeded detail.

4) Every single member of the 9/11 Commission.

5) Sibel Edmons- Oh please hunny, tell us everything!

6) The FBI person in charge that issued the order to end the operation Able Danger. Oh yeah baby, have we got some questions for YOU!

7) Steven Jones and crew. Bring em all to tell of your finds of Nano-thermite in the WTC dust!

8) Richard Gage, Craig Ranke, Rob Balsamo, and each and every single person who has something to offer with regards to the investigations they have personally been witness to and partaken in!

9) Donald Rumsfeld. Now what was that about that missile that hit the Pentagon? Please. Inquiring minds want to know.

10) Oh jeez, Killtown. Wasn't there a neat little video called "Hoodwinked at Shanksville" that raised some serious questions about those black boxes?

11) And speaking of which, how about we get the specific FBI agents who had custody of the black boxes found up on the stand. Because there appears to be some hanky panky going on with what you submitted to the NTSB.

12) And oh, you think you're out of water on this yet, Mr. Bush? Nuh uh. We need you up there too. Cause you obviously saw a video that morning of something you should never have seen.

13) The highest officials from Boeing, American Airlines, and United Airlines. Because we've got lots of questions about specifically identifying those aircraft.

And I'm just warming up.

Most of your witnesses are beyond the subpeona jurisdiction of a local investigatory panel. The truthers you list are readily available, why not just convene your own panel now and ask your questions. Or, as I suspect they probably don't want to share a rare spotlight or do anything that may interfer with their "fund raising" operations.

Oh yeah, and your Sibel Edmunds - for someone under a gag order she just doesn't shut up. What more can you really think you are going to hear from her.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
30000 sigs from first responders and family members is *A LOT*

Either way, it shows a lot of concern and it also shows a lot of those are not convinved.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I say this in all seriousness, I will pay whatever price you ask for a ticket to sit in the audience for that investigation. Watching the "investigators" standing up one by one and explaining in all seriousness how the towers were destroyed by lasers from outer space, how the planes were all holograms, etc etc etc, I will certainly laugh myself hoarse.

Now, you're not going to be all elitist and censor the people doing "sound and extensive research" showing how the towers were destroyed by invisible UFOs from testifying, ARE YOU? You know people like that are out there.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

What I don't get - exactly how is it legal to extend subpeona power to Ed Asner?

Really.

I can't wait to hear some of this stuff. What do you think is going to happen when all those poor people who signed this petition thinking they are going to hear more about FBI's dossier on Bin Laden and instead hear someone ranting about super nano thermite?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

This is an important victory and the fact that it falls so close to the anniversary of the attacks gives me hope.

Hope is all you have no matter how you want to spin it. You certainly have no evidence.

56 thousand New Yorkers think it is a good idea to open a new investigation and are willing to put their names to paper shows how far our cries for justice have taken us.

Fallacious reasoning is not cause for yet another investigation and one by an entity that has no jurisdiction.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Lets see we have on the one hand jthomas, goodoldave, and hooper versus 56 thousand NYC residents including victim family members, firefighters, first responders and cops.

The only thing you fella's have is your hatred, scorn and ridicule in addition to the official conspiracy theory fairy tale. I sincerely hope you are being paid to post because if not you are sad, small human beings and I pity you.

Normally I don't reply to your posts but I thought I would bump the thread in case anyone missed the good news!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Lets see we have on the one hand jthomas, goodoldave, and hooper versus 56 thousand NYC residents including victim family members, firefighters, first responders and cops.

The only thing you fella's have is your hatred, scorn and ridicule in addition to the official conspiracy theory fairy tale. I sincerely hope you are being paid to post because if not you are sad, small human beings and I pity you.

Normally I don't reply to your posts but I thought I would bump the thread in case anyone missed the good news!

How many of the alledged 50000 know that the untold purpose of the so called investigation is to ask persons about such things as super-nano-thermite, the Pentagon flyover, controlled demolition, death rays from outer space, planting bodies in the Pentagon, burying plane parts in Shanksville, cutting down light poles in the middle of the night in DC, etc, etc, etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sorry. Its time for you guys to publicly admit you were wrong. You bitched and moaned over many pages of threads saying this wouldnt happen. Then when the petition was denied you bitched and moaned about how the lawyers failed.

You have been unambiguously OWNED. Anything you post on the matter other than a statement saying you were incorrect is at this point sour grapes. Good day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join