It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Central Scotland UFO sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Hi,

I'm posting to see if anyone else saw what I saw yesterday. I would have posted about it yesterday but I could not get on to ATS to do so. The site appeared to be down.

I was driving along the M876 in Scotland heading north and just near the end where it joins the M9 I noticed a large object in the sky in front of me. It was less than a mile away. It was not high up, maybe 500 feet. It was moving to my right, ie eastwards and dissappeared behind a tree line.

I only saw it for a few seconds and I would say it was silver/grey colour. Round with a flat top. It was big, maybe 20 or 30 meters diameter.

My main hobby is birdwatching so I know what things in the sky look like and it was not a plane, helicopter, balloon or bird. I didn't know what it was and as I was driving on a motorway I couldn't stop.

After it dissappeared behind the trees I didn't see it again although I was looking all the time through any gaps as I drove along. After about a mile there is clear view all around and still I could not see the object again.

This area is very close to Bonnybridge which was for a period considered a hotspot for UFO's.

Personally I have never seen a UFO before, nor reported any sighting. This is my first.

Using google maps the location of the object was 56.047624,-3.818979

Thanks

ps this was at about 3pm

[edit on 11-9-2009 by bigyin]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
RAF Leuchars Airshow is on this weekend, might have been a AWACs going to/from there?, something to keep a eye out for anyway.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Good point, but you know I really don't think it was a plane. It was moving too slow, wrong shape and was kind of low. There are major power lines in the area coming out of Kincardine.

Appreciate your input though

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Further to what you said about airshows, I was thinking maybe a stealth aircraft making an appearance, but I checked out the airshow website, and doesn't seem to be anything overly stealthly... Pretty standard kit really..

Unless I missed something?

Here's the site: Leuchars Airshow

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Typical! I was on that stretch yesterday, going to Cowiehall Quarry. I never saw the object you're reporting, but it reminded me of something similar I saw a couple of years back . I was just coming up to Charing x west bound, when I saw something floating over Spiers Warf to my right.
It was more almond shaped, and dark grey on the bottom, and light grey on the top, or vice versa
Looked very like the ship in the film Flight of the Navigator.
As I came to the trees in the middle of the M8, I lost sight of it, so I held my cam phone out of the window(while watching the slowing traffic ahead! ) and just took a random picture. Had a look at it on the PC later but couldn't really see anything apart from a couple of dark shapes.
Hope you get to the bottom of it

Stewart.

new topics

top topics

join