It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid Precision

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The following is an extract to explain how the pyramids were so perfecly aligned.

"The ancient Egyptians used two bright stars in the Big Dipper and Little Dipper constellations to align their pyramids in a north-south direction, a British Egyptologist says. If she's right, we can now pin down the ages of the pyramids far more accurately than before."

Link

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review This Link

[edit on Fri Sep 11 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Did you know the great pyramid is mentioned within the Sumerian Tablets as being something built to provide bearings for incoming "ships"? The tablets tell us it was built immediately after the tsunami that leveled the region and wiped out all of their previous cities, etc. Hence why it was constructed so very well to last vast ages.

Did you know the Sumerian culture predates the Egyptian by a long time? The tablet with their Genesis information were written down around 7,500 BC. Far earlier than Egypts first kingdom, and given that the pyramid is spoken about in those tablets then we must consider that the traditional history is incorrect.

I had a great laugh at this....

The Egyptian pyramids at Giza were built during the third millennium BC as tombs for kings. Their relative ages are known from patchy records of the lengths of the kings' reigns. But previous estimates of their actual ages have been accurate only to the nearest century.

Not once, EVER, has it been established beyond ANY doubt that the pyramids were for Tomb Burials. If we look at the all the pyramids we can see the poor efforts to copy what was already an ancient structure when the concept of joining two small kingdoms in Egypt first became an idea.

Isn't it also funny that alignments showing the replication of Orion's Belt on the ground in Giza are ignored as fantasy? And yet there it is for all with eyes to see. So with a little math it should be very easy to place a timeframe for when the buildings were constructed. I forget, that was already done but Traditional Historians refuse to even so much as look at the possibility.

History is written by the Victors, and we all know how well they lie to insure their names live on forever.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

it couldn't be built for kings.. they couldn't do that why build something this huge? and also have you seen anywhere in the world where someone built a massive architecture ?

[edit on 11-9-2009 by 2Unknown]

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Fri Sep 11 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

If what you say is true, why has a leading Egyptologist and the rest of them I suppose got it all wrong?

Where can I read more about the Sumarian texts?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hi all.

This is one of my top intriguing subjects.

There is a site www.sacred-texts.com... and I'm sure it had some stuff about the Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh and various other translations of the Sumerian creation myth amongst shedloads of other really interesting literature.
Some of you will, no doubt, know about this already, but for those who don't........
Most, if not all the texts WERE freely downloadable, but I'm not so sure nowadays.
Still, they are readable and, I think savable
A bargain at half the price, I'd say.

Cheers.
I.A.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

These are the actual Sumerian translations

Tayesin is repeating what he's been told to believe about the fringe writer Sitchin. Unfortunately what Sitchin claims to be in the Sumerian writing is not there or wildly misinterpreted.

Did you know the great pyramid is mentioned within the Sumerian Tablets as being something built to provide bearings for incoming "ships"? The tablets tell us it was built immediately after the tsunami that leveled the region and wiped out all of their previous cities, etc. Hence why it was constructed so very well to last vast ages.

Sorry Tayesin, but the above is a fabrication. If you could please go to the ORIGINAL Sumerian texts and find that information. You'll find out that its all comes from the inventive minds of fringe writers.

Not once, EVER, has it been established beyond ANY doubt that the pyramids were for Tomb Burials.

Not once, EVER, has it been established beyond any doubt that pyramids weren't for tomb burials.

Lots of evidence within Egyptian culture for pyramids being tombs. It is hard to just hand wave it away eh?

If you'll look thru the forum you'll find this subject address ad nauseum

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yes they are. Maybe I'm getting old, but I didn't find texts relating to either our solar system or human genesis. I might be looking in the wrong list?

I'm not a supporter of Sitchin, far from it.

I am a supporter of my old mentor who also worked on those same British Museum "too hard basket" Tablets. Both she and Sitchin had many rows over interpretation, so she translated into plain english, giving a prosaic feel to reading it. Sitchin on the other hand made mega-$$$$ out of it. The old mentor is still presenting her work to interested small groups.

It is from Roma that I learned about a section saying how the Anunnaki built a mountain in that region to align with a natural mountain, who's name I have forgotten. Must be getting old. Forgive my lack of formal education, but I do have a good understanding of my old mentor's work.

At last call her work had been with the University of Otago in New Zealand for 6 month before she had it back in her possession. She had then given another 4 night talk.

I should call and talk again with her.

Thanks for the reminder.

Not once, EVER, has it been established beyond any doubt that pyramids weren't for tomb burials.

Yes, that's correct also. So we must have a lot to learn about these pyramids then.

I don't see why we should not look at alternative information, even if only to balance any bias we may have in our perspective. I cannot imagine that History was how Mr Hawass would tell us it was. But that's just me.

I've seen relics in my own country that are very real. One dated to the Egypto-Grecian Period and which was found in thick silt in a lake that thousands of years ago was open to the sea. I've read hand illustrated diaries from early explorers living with the Gubbi Gubbi tribes showing major ruins covered in pictographs and symbols that the tribes claimed to pre-date themselves and that belonged to the "Spider People". If not for the tenacity of these explorers we would never know what was there before chiristianity came and demolished it. I've even interviewed the man who in the 1930's was responsible for blowing up a Temple entrance on the side of a sacred hill, with winding path to the top stones. He showed me his photograph of it. I saw a proper temple entrance carved into rock, with carved standing stones on either side of the main entrance beyond a large patio.

Hence why I doubt the Victor's History we've had indoctrinated into us and so believe to this day. Not saying there are not well known, accepted and proven things in history, just that we don't know it all yet.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

This is quite interesting. I would love to find out more about this.. could you please provide a source? Thanks!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Did you know the great pyramid is mentioned within the Sumerian Tablets as being something built to provide bearings for incoming "ships"?

No I didn't. Can you provide evidence for this?

The tablets tell us it was built immediately after the tsunami that leveled the region and wiped out all of their previous cities, etc.

I assume you mean the tidal surge accomanied by torrential rain and hurricane force winds as described in the story of Atrahasis?

Did you know the Sumerian culture predates the Egyptian by a long time?

Well, a few hundred years

The tablet with their Genesis information were written down around 7,500 BC.

No they weren't.

Unless you can prove otherwise (and gain wordwide fame and fortune in the process) - over to you

Isn't it also funny that alignments showing the replication of Orion's Belt on the ground in Giza are ignored as fantasy?

It's a widely known fact that any 3 objects in approximate alignment with one another but slightly offset will replicate Orion's Belt. This includes numerous trees in my local park and some houses just down the road. And some stones in a stream I saw the other day. And some mugs stood on the side in my kitchen that I really must wash up. Except I'm afraid they may be an ancient Atlantean structure dating to 10,500BC ......

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Essan]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The use of stars in the construction of ancient Egyptian buildings has recently been confirmed. You might like to read this thread i started.

Egyptian temples followed heavenly plans

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Please read the post two above yours for explanation.

Built after the Biblical Flood, yes. Atrahasis/Utnapishtim, yes.

Essan, when discussing the Orion alignment we do not need to be Smarmy and act Superior. It gains nothing.

There is more to the possible alignment as design, not just the position of the three pyramids, we need to include the man-altered river course and layout of Giza as well to see it.

I cannot prove anything to you, I only know my mentor's work extremely well, as posted two replies above.

I would also gather that you do not know of the three huge sarcophagai found by the British Museum over the past 100 or so years,the last of which was found in the 70's and the contents repatriated to the Museum for cleaining and reassembly? No? The three were exactly as the Tablets told us they were, correct size, correctly filled with Tar to cover the euthenased failed experiements of Enki. I've read the report my mentor got from them when asked for it, the best line says, "These are creatures from our Mythology and worst nightmares."

And no, you will not find this with a google search, or any other for that matter, as some will understand much is kept from us.

Thanks.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Howdy Tayesin

I don't recall that person (the alternative Sitchin) is her name secret or can we know her identity?

Call me skeptical but decades of hearing about 'proof' that is always hidden, done is secret, not available and kept quiet by the forces of evil has led me to an undeniable revelation. Mans ability to self-boister his beliefs has no boundaries.

Now Tayesin you may be the first who is actually correct but after hearing many such tales - please excuse my skepticism.

Oh and the Orion belt stars don't actually line up correctly with the pyramids. Most fringer fudge the results just slightly. If the AE were trying to replicate the night sky-they missed slightly.

Howdy Essan!

[edit on 13/9/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Hanslune

Yes they are. Maybe I'm getting old, but I didn't find texts relating to either our solar system or human genesis. I might be looking in the wrong list?

No, you're looking at the right texts. The issue is that there are no Sumerian texts on the solar system (there are tables of the five visible planets, though) and the human genesis story is basically a "trial of the gods to see who can make the best servant because the lesser gods were tired of digging for gold and ploughing fields."

Sitchin has interpeted them in ways that aren't consistent with ... well... anything the Sumerians wrote.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Sitchin has interpeted them in ways that aren't consistent with ... well... anything the Sumerians wrote.

Is that the nice persons way of saying he made stuff up?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Her name is Roma Ravn, she lives in Queensland Australia. Note she is now quite old, her health is failing and I am extremely protective of her, so please to do not hound her. Politely asking is fine.

There must be other tablets relating to the genesis of our solar system as Roma's work delves into how Earth was formed from the apparent impact between Tiamat and Nibiru, although what I read speaks less about an impact and more about the forces that cause such massive disruption when two large bodies in space approach each other.

She also talks about how each object in our system was brough to be in it's current trajectory because of the attractive forces created by the moving through our solar system by Nibiru.

I think there is far more information to be gleaned from the tablets in the British Museum. And perhaps to be asking them about the huge Sarcophogai found in the desert in the 1970's, which have provided much information supportive of the human genesis recorded at the time.

And yes, Sitchin's inconsistencies where what he and Roma argued over, or as she says, his "additions", ie: the need to suspend gold in Nibiru's atmosphere.

I'm aware that retelling of older stories was commonplace with various tablets, and that names were different depending on the different ages they were written down in, ie:- Atrahasis being a King, while Utnapishtim was only a Servant of Enki, or "Most Favoured", yet they are the same person in the retelling of the flood stories, etc. It makes gaining a good understanding quite difficult, well for me at least since I am not a scholar.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

It should be noted that the gods were a bit drunk at the time.
(Hail Ninkasi!)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Her name is Roma Ravn, she lives in Queensland Australia. Note she is now quite old, her health is failing and I am extremely protective of her, so please to do not hound her.

Hans: No consideration of contacting the person of whom you speak. I just asked as I've been dealing with Sitchin materials for a long time and had not heard of her.

There must be other tablets relating to the genesis of our solar system as Roma's work delves into how Earth was formed from the apparent impact between Tiamat and Nibiru, although what I read speaks less about an impact and more about the forces that cause such massive disruption when two large bodies in space approach each other.

Hans: Er, ah how would the Sumerians have known how the solar system was formed? If you say the Niburians told them - remember they weren't here when that happened, they game much later in the stories - puzzling isn't it?

[edit on 14/9/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Hans: Er, ah how would the Sumerians have known how the solar system was formed? If you say the Niburians told them - remember they weren't here when that happened, they game much later in the stories - puzzling isn't it?

[edit on 14/9/09 by Hanslune]

How in the world would you know "they" weren't here? They very well could have been here to teach the Sumerians. There is absolutely no way anyone could know.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

How in the world would you know "they" weren't here? They very well could have been here to teach the Sumerians. There is absolutely no way anyone could know.

Based on the story made up by Sitchin the Annunaki evolved on Nibiru. They didn't exist at the that time, or so the story goes...exactly right there is no way anyone could know - so why did Sitchin include it in his made up story - because the Sumerians did have a creation myth which Sitchin badly distorted.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Roma Ravn shown above. Past president of the Gympie UFO Society.

About what I figured.

She is not a Sumerian Scholar any more than Sitchin is. Apparently neither have any training whatsoever in cuneiform, at least neither appears to have been published on the subject and neither has made overt claims to be able to translate Sumerian or Akkadian cuneiform.

But, hey. If she argued with Sitchin I like her.

Neither one knows what they are talking about though, I'm afraid.

Harte

top topics

<<   2 >>

join