It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Fallout - The Survivor Chronicles

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

OOOOO! I know! Have the new candidate win, but he is killed while leaving the victory rally in his chopper by the ensuing nuclear blast effects.....wow, there are some GREAT ideas here. I really see this story going a long ways!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

Awesome! We need to hurry up and get to November! ...

Ok I am running on fumes right now...(Minor insomniatic bout... not sure when My mind is gonna let me go rest my weary head.)

But as i see the next part....spring/summer we should introduce this secession party man. .....

If I may...

I suggest our Charismatic Martyr be name Wesley Temple.

A down home man with a down home plan for Texan independence. With no clue how short his role will be and no idea how much his death will contribute to the Revolution...

Im thinking one nuke for the city he was in... then just enough news time to have the event reported then EMP black out...

I mean that is kinda how the NWO works.... They commit mass evils but they do try to limit casualties...hypocritical but it is something I observed... besides ... they dont gotta nuke Houston Dallas ,SA, Austin, and El Paso..... They just need Texas to think that it happened and then Beg the Fed for help....

Instead We give them a knuckle sandwich....

Awesome!

So the spring session and Secession party introduction complete with Brandons meanderings and likely support of this guy... hmmm Maybe he could join his political campaign... Its not like he has a job...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I mean that is kinda how the NWO works.... They commit mass evils but they do try to limit casualties...hypocritical but it is something I observed... besides ... they dont gotta nuke Houston Dallas ,SA, Austin, and El Paso..... They just need Texas to think that it happened and then Beg the Fed for help....

Found this nifty little page while looking for the blast radius of a nuke. Could have one dropped on San Antonio. It'd be close enough to the main characters that they'd probably be able to see it, and the biggest one on the list still wouldn't reach Uvalde but would take out all of the city including the Air Force Bases.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

That is a cool website.... Did you get turned onto it from ATS like I did ?

Great stress reliever too... Mad at the Inlaws in Illinois?

NUKE EM

I don't think the Tsar bomb would be quite right...

I think the average military payload is some thing like 15 megaton..dont quote me on that...

Anyways I was wondering which city.... origninally I was thinking Austin... but perry would be in the governors mansion..

I know.. Let nuke New Braunfles. Its right in the middle of Austin and SA... TWO major citys would see it... On small city would be destroyed. oh yeah...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

No, I ran a google search for nuke blast radius and it came up in the results. (If I wasn't being watched before I sure am now after searching for how to make a lock pick, the radius of a nuke blast, and military installations in Texas.)

New Braunfels works for me. I've never been to Texas so I'm probably not the best person to pick a city.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Do you guys think we can get away with New Braunfels? If it is accidental maybe....but most nukes would go to a high value target....right? I mean, i know people love to float the river and all....but dang! LOL

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

New Braunfels does of a National Reserve base but more then that...

The placement is important.

Remember OKC. The Murray Building... Terrorism can happen anywhere...

The thing I like about New Braunfels is its location... the mushroom cloud would be seen from both Austin and San Antonio... Possible radiation fallout would apply to both major cities if it was a particularly nasty dirty nuke.

And our Guy Wesley Temple needs to be listening to the Voter results from his home town

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Alright, sounds good. Maybe we can throw in some kind of evacuation point that is in the hills around New Braunfels? Say, somewhere members of FEMA are evacuated to? Kind of like the evacuations for all the rest of the cabinet? We can have everyone in the story questioning "why New Braunfels?", and a short time later the news can report that it was confirmed that there was some sort of government evacuation site there. FEMA, DHS, something like that? Maybe Texas government officials evacuated there? What do you think?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I think the EMC Fema Coordination center is along I35. For real.. Just about 5 to 10 miles north bound from NB on the Right hand side.

I watched it being built on my daily commute to San Marcos.

And forget not the Radio active factor..

Why have fallout for one city when you could have it for two? AND whether or not the fall out factor was legitimate both Major cities would still be evacuated..don you think? ..well at least they would try once the Fed came in...

Man one of us needs to do the spring segment of the story...

I keep on getting caught up in a few other threads here LOL I know I should just commit and DARN IT I see folks bash Texas and I don't likes it!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hey guys! I am going to try and get to the story again on Friday. We have had a guy out sick here at work, and I have been working lots of OT on the night shift. Texas Fallout WILL get going again very soon, I promise you!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Awesome..Cool beans... I have been wondering if anyone else was going to take up the torch... So far though it seem to be just us... and I have not been giving it the attention it deserves.

ATS can be very distracting place

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

It's no problem...we can take our time. Looks like I am only getting a day and a half off....so I will try and get something done.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I need some good names for the Texas militias. I figure we will have at least 2 of them....one will be the unruly and anti-government, and the other can be more official and can be the brains so to speak.....

we will work in Wesley Temple as the emerging rival of Perry, and have him win, with the event happening shortly after.

I will work in the rest of the storyline details for the main characters, and start the buildup to the single character people out there so they can get writing from their point of view.

here are some things I plan on working in the story in the next few installments guys;

- Region VI - Regional FEMA Headquarters in Denton, TX
- We will have some type of FEMA field ops center/Evacuation center setup in New Braunfels, TX
- With talk of secession in the air, and the new rising star in the political arena (Wesley Temple), we will have disorder, looting, rioting, and general chaos all around going on
- Will be describing the militias in more detail as we go
- We will be bringing in characters Emma and Robert fields, as well as characters from Luder and Mr. Toodles (get ready guys...it's almost your time to shine...)

I have all the ideas on paper that we have been throwing around, so i will work all of them into the next part of the story as I can, and try to setup for the next installment as well as other characters.

So, I need those names for the militias before I start writing.....any suggestions?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by desertdreamer
I need some good names for the Texas militias. I figure we will have at least 2 of them....one will be the unruly and anti-government, and the other can be more official and can be the brains so to speak.....

You likely need a third, while the unruly usually become roving bands of thugs the more official generally want to control like the military, there will likely be a "quiet core" that have the knowledge to group and protect an area for the benefit of all.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Thanks...you may be right.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Okay, looks like everyone is pretty busy. I am going to go with the following for a couple of militia group names;

- The Texas Patriots (respectable group, with a leader rising up)
- X-Republic (more grass roots, and more apt to break the law, etc)

Man, I am beat! Looks like everyone has been busy lately. Hang in there guys!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Okay....I managed to get another small installment up tonight. Man, I am beat.....could not muster up anymore tonight. Will take another look at it tomorrow. Later.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join